Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where to get those ? (Dog stuffs)

dodo
November 1st, 2005, 01:07 AM
Hi,

I am looking for a bed.I went to petsmart on highway 7 and woodbine and Pjpets in yorkdale and they cost 100 dollars plus for the big ones.Are those the usual prices or can i get them cheaper?I have been checking them out for sometime and they did not get new models and their price stay the same.

I am also looking for Pet Tabs(vitamins for dogs)?

Thanks

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 05:24 AM
Depends on what kind of bed you are looking for. We started off with an expensive one for Jesse, but being a puppy and at that chew stage, she chewed it and ripped it to shreds one day out of boredom (or fun who knows). So we basically go to Walmart and pick one up for about $20-$30 depending on the size, knowing we will probably be replacing it in a few months. Jesse is on her fourth bed now and she seems to like this one the best. It's either lasted the longest or she's out of that stage. Hopefully this helps.

StaceyB
November 1st, 2005, 05:51 AM
The dog beds there don't get put on sale. As for the vitamins, why are you using them. A dog that is getting a well balanced diet doesn't need them and if it is a puppy given too much they can get different conditions that can harm them.

Lucky Rescue
November 1st, 2005, 09:50 AM
Just last week I saw really big, cushy dog beds on sale at Canadian Tire for 24.95.

kayla
November 1st, 2005, 10:08 AM
I got Kayla's bed at Costco. It's quite large and has cedar chips inside so smells nice. And you can take the outside off to wash it. It comes in dark brown to. I got it for $40. They also have huge boxes of dental bones (which you can see on the floor in front of the bed) for cheap, among other things.

Lissa
November 1st, 2005, 10:24 AM
I made Dodger's current bed (only cost about 10$) and it is virtually the same as one I got from Costco for about $30...it's much better quality too because I stuffed it with foam!
I seriously think $100 is a heck of a lot of money for a dog bed and I tend to over-spend on stuff for Dodger!!! ;)

Prin
November 1st, 2005, 11:21 AM
Costco... They have doggy blankets too. I got two beds from there that are filled with polyester (bf is allergic to everything so I didn't want to take a change with the wood chips). The covers are washable and they're huge and around $30.

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 01:21 PM
I wish I still had a Costco near me. I remember the days when I lived in "the big city" where everything was within a 10 minute drive. Now I live in a seasonal/tourist area that is nothing but a hick town with a bunch of rednecks and only a Walmart....ho hum :sad:

dodo
November 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
My dog will be getting 6 months soon.I never saw dog beds at costco.I usually go to Woodbridge one or Yorkdale one which is in toronto.Which costco did u guys see those beds?

I never got a bed for my dog before.Any ideas where i can get Pet tabs.

Kayla:that bed is very nice :)

Thanks

dodo
November 2nd, 2005, 04:48 AM
Jolly ball also is on the list.