Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

12 year old cat throws up constantly

rigsie
October 31st, 2005, 07:02 PM
My 12-1/2 year old female cat has become thinner and throws up her food 3-4 times per week. She is strictly an indoor cat and eats the same dry food (Iams). She does not appear to be sick; she still plays like she is a kitten. I'm worried about her. I just had to have my other cat put to sleep 2-1/2 weeks ago and it would be pure torture if something is wrong with this cat. Has anyone experienced this with an older cat?

Thanks for any input.
rigsie

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 07:06 PM
Rigsie -- there really isn't much of an answer that can be given to you with an illness, unless you go to the vet. It's the best way to find out if there is anything wrong. Unfortunately, people really can't diagnose the condition of a pet over the internet, so it might be best to seek out the opinion of a professional who can take some blood samples and run some test to analyze. Hope this helps.

badger
October 31st, 2005, 07:26 PM
There are quite a few possibilities in a cat of her age, she should definitely be seen by a vet, and sooner rather than later. Cats occasionally vomit and it's no big deal, but if it's happening on a regular basis, a vet visit is essential.

I would also think about changing her food - she may have developed a sensitivity to the Iams. If you can afford it, try her on Innova or one of the other more expensive brands (they eat less, so it lasts longer).

Dragonfly
October 31st, 2005, 08:31 PM
We can not diagnose your cat over the internet. Please take your pet to the vet to be looked at.