Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Carving a pumpkin?

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 04:52 PM
Are you carving yours? I got 2 yesterday and I suck at it, but I'm gonna try anyway.

Does anybody here get all creative and do those crazy images in their pumpkins?

raingirl
October 31st, 2005, 04:59 PM
I do. I have won several contests for mine. This year I didn't get too creative. Here is one I did yesterday, that I just designed myself with a pen. I have two more at home, one isn't finished yet. I usually design something on the computer months in advance, but because we don't have trick-or-treaters at our apartment, I stopped doing them the last few years. THis year I put them on a friends porch.

raingirl
October 31st, 2005, 05:00 PM
this was my BF's. He only scraped the skin off so it glows.

raingirl
October 31st, 2005, 05:04 PM
this was one that got featured on a Lord of the Rings fan site. It was my "one pumpkin".

It was the phrase that is on the "one ring" carved into a small pumpkin.

Here is the link:

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1079/

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 05:11 PM
I could have guessed that you wouldn't do the usual triangle eyes and jaggedy mouth... :) I'm far less creative (and I don't want to screw it up by accident!) :D

melanie
October 31st, 2005, 05:13 PM
well if you screw it up cant you jsut eat it??? :D

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 05:14 PM
Eww.... Eat pumpkin? :D :yuck: No thanks.

melanie
October 31st, 2005, 05:21 PM
oh my giddy aunt your a shocker (thats the saying of the day for me)...

now do this and i promise it will be devine, peel the pumpkin and cut into small pieces about 4cm in area. now put this in a baking dish, with potato if desired of the same size you can also use kumera or sweet potato, put in 2 peeled cloves of garlic, and an onion, jsut chuck em in. pour over some olive or vegetable oil, the bake at about 220degc for about 1 hour. its the best way to bake pumpkin. oh and dont eat the garlic after.

or just rip the head of the sucker, stuff it with polenta and tomatos and such, and bake the bugger, yum stuffed pumpkin is great.

*for more brilliant way to eat pumpkin, please see the area of the world entitled 'Mels brilliance put into word' in which you will find all my stupid, bossy and boring advice on how one should do things according to mel, believe me when i say its some good stuff, if you focus it should just come to you, im that good my instrucitons can be telepathic, no seriously i am just gggrrrrreeeeeaaaaat :D .lol im so funny today, no seriously i am...,. wanna see my pregger impersonation of ET, yes im a one woman comedy festival today.....

thank god im preggers, gives me a captive audience, in the most literal of senses (the dog can escape bugger).... :D

wjranch
October 31st, 2005, 05:28 PM
I carved a pic of MY dog..Dillinger.. :) I thought it would be nice to commemorate (sp?) him this Halloween. And it was fun to do... I love this holiday
I did do a few more pumpkins as well... I'll pop the pics in here... Enjoy!

wjranch
October 31st, 2005, 05:31 PM
Here are the pumpkins I did this year. Hope you all enjoy them.

wjranch
October 31st, 2005, 05:38 PM
Which one do you think works for him?

wjranch
October 31st, 2005, 05:40 PM
Blonde's have more fun??

wjranch
October 31st, 2005, 05:41 PM
He could be a Gangsta Dog.... wadda ya think?

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 05:42 PM
Awesome pumpkins. I'm partial to the green hair one. :D

shannonRN
October 31st, 2005, 05:52 PM
I'm partial to the gangsta, myself. Funny.

raingirl, I'm very impressed by your 'one pumpkin"
That must have been tedious to do.

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 05:54 PM
Those pumpkins are great! Raingirl, your pumpkin kind of looks like Garfield!

As for the costume, I kind of like mummy dog!

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 06:26 PM
Hey, what time does hallowe'en start? I only have 2 tiny candles, so I don't want to put the pumpkins out too early..

Roxy's_MA
October 31st, 2005, 06:45 PM
Around here the kids start coming at about 5-5:30. Right around the time it starts getting dark we start seeing the younger ones.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 1st, 2005, 12:15 AM
I used to try and get creative but now I let my kids help, they draw the pics and I carve.