Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog bitten by other dog

plong
October 31st, 2005, 03:05 PM
I took my beagle to a dog park yesterday and while she was playing with another dog, it appears that she was bitten. We thought the other dog bit her, but couldn't see any bite marks at the time when it happened. However, this morning we noticed that one side of her face was darker than the other and could make out faint bite marks which were not bleeding on her inside lip. There is a drool-like substance oozing from the darkened side of her face. We have an appointment to take her to the vet this afternoon but I was wondering if anyone else has a clue what this might be?? Any guidance is appreciated.

Lucky Rescue
October 31st, 2005, 04:45 PM
Often with dog bites, the surface wound looks superficial, but serious damage can occur to the tissue under the skin which would account for the oozing.

Good thing you're taking her to the vet soon!! Here's hoping the dog who bit her doesn't have any illness or disease.

mastifflover
October 31st, 2005, 04:46 PM
Good call taking your dog to the vet. Do you know the other dog if so find out if it is up to date on shots. Your vet may ask. Hope all goes well