Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gotcha Bryant - Donations to A-G revealed

twodogsandacat
October 31st, 2005, 07:57 AM
What's it take to buy Bryant? Could it be as little as $500? This is all I can see of the story so far as it is open to paid subscribers only. I'm sure other papers will print it too and then we can see it all. Can it be that Bryant is going to be the next LIberal caught in a scandal? We can only hope. Of course he is innocent until proven guilty - it's not like he owns a large breed dog is it?

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=5fbbb326-888f-4235-bf1c-932b9d3622e4

A member of an independent panel and the independent counsel in a Canadian Judicial Council proceeding against Justice Paul Cosgrove both donated money last year to Ontario Attorney-General Michael Bryant, who filed the complaint against the judge. Kirby Chown and Earl Cherniak each donated less than $500 to Mr. Bryant's Toronto riding association, according to an Elections Ontario database. The donations were made the same year the complaint was made before the judicial council. The disciplinary process began when Mr. Bryant sent a letter to the judicial council in April, 2004, after an Ontario Court of Appeal decision that criticized Judge Cosgrove for his rulings in a notorious Ottawa murder trial. The appeal court said Judge Cosgrove wrongly made findings of misconduct against police and the Crown. That triggered an automatic inquiry into the judge's conduct.

mastifflover
October 31st, 2005, 09:23 AM
Would that not make your day if he were indicted on charges. In my mind he does not deserve the benefit of the doubt he did not give your dogs that benefit did he? I hope he goes down in flames.

twodogsandacat
October 31st, 2005, 10:39 AM
Would that not make your day if he were indicted on charges.

Well I wouldn't take it that far but it certainly allows for some nice posters in his riding doesn't it.

"For Sale. Cheap".

mastifflover
October 31st, 2005, 12:02 PM
Come on he had a law passed without all the facts so why would we need facts to indict him. What goes around comes around and I hope it bites his a$$

twodogsandacat
October 31st, 2005, 01:09 PM
Come on he had a law passed without all the facts so why would we need facts to indict him. What goes around comes around and I hope it bites his a$$

If all else fails we could send $500 to his riding association and ask if he can write a complaint against himself.

All we really need though is the headline in print. Paste that up around his riding and let his constituents 'judge'.

babyrocky1
October 31st, 2005, 03:14 PM
I cant believe Im saying this, but not even the thought of Bryant being in big trouble can cheer me up today! After everthing hes put us through and it sure aint over yet, I cant imagine how any thing that could happen to him could compensate for it. Im just having a really BAD pit bull ban day. I thought I had a way to cope with it and now Im not so sure, Im also not comfortable posting what Im talking about on-line anymore, thats how paranoid Ive become in the last few days. :eek: The worse that will happen to hin is that he'll lose his cabinent position...big deal, were still stuck with this hellish night mare, wondering if any vindictive neighbours have called the police on you day in and day out. And not for doing anything illegal, but then this law is so vague, we dont even know what legal is, the way its written, its up to some bi- law enfocement officer to make that up as they go, and up to us to fight it in court.. As much as I want this law gone, will we get back the two or so years of this horror show? If Bryant loses his job will it make it any easier to get rid of this law? Maybe less chance of a crown appeal...and thats a big MAYBE

tybrax
November 1st, 2005, 06:21 PM
We can only pray he gets the key thrown at him, what a joyous day thats would be babyrock

tybrax and tyra :fingerscr

twodogsandacat
November 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM
We can only pray he gets the key thrown at him, what a joyous day thats would be babyrock

tybrax and tyra :fingerscr

Well itís unlikely heíll get charged with anything itís just a means to attack his Ďcharacterí or rather lack of it. Heís pretty cheap too less than $500 CAD which is about 572.40 AUD

Schwinn
November 2nd, 2005, 09:23 AM
Wouldn't an attack on his character be like trying to punch a moving mouse while blindfolded?? You'd have a heck of a time finding first!

By the way, I only got a notice about subscrbing to the paper. Anyway of getting a Coles Notes version of what happened?

Conners
November 2nd, 2005, 11:45 AM
The man (and I use that term loosely) gets tid bits from me often, so I could even be blocked from the 2 email addy's I have of his. But if not, this is what I sent him.

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=5fbbb326-888f-4235-bf1c-932b9d3622e4

So you got yourself in a little hot water there Mr. Bryant. Would a $500. donation stop you with the Pit bull ban too. ROFL (rolling on floor laughing)
What goes around, Comes around. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Naturally in my signature is nothing but a load of sites against the liberals, and against the BSL and all for Keeping our Ontario for the Pit bulls. ROFL
Idoubt he will reply. He never does. But it was fun rubbing this in his face. Make him know us Pit bull owers know ALL about him. LOL :crazy:

CyberKitten
November 2nd, 2005, 01:59 PM
It will depends on what the legislation in Ontario is re: inflence peddling if one could proove that - it is usually a tough thing to prove and is seldom taken to court for those reasons. I imagine the Prosecutors will look even more closely when the AG of the province is involved. It certainly looks bad!! But the onus is on someone to file a complaint and then the police to investigate the situation - and then, if they believe money was donated with an expected outcome, they must convince a prosecutor that charges should be laid. If you recall, the former Premier of BC was exonerated of conflict of interest charges after his neighbour built him a deck after he helped him obtain some sort of licence (I forget what kind it was, one that required prov govt approval). But oil companies for example donate $$$ all the time to political parties and even to Ministers of Natural Resources - it is not legally a conflict of interest even if morally it IS!! The same I suppose could be said of doctors who donate to the Minister of Health's campaign. This is more clear cut (tho I don;t know the whole story) in the sense that someone seeking a specfic judicial goal donated to the person who is now AG. I guess the question is how did they donate money to him. To his riding association? He personally under political financing legislation could not accept money - it has to go to his riding but is that what occured or did they lend him money personally?

I hope the media will look into this further at least and bring out more. Is Bryant a darling of the media there or do they hate him too? ;) The latter could be helpful . I hope someone can actually see this case through if he did sell himself for influence and it can be proven!

twodogsandacat
November 2nd, 2005, 04:09 PM
,,,,,,, and it can be proven!

Proven???? Not a requirement to attack his character. Simple facts for the reader to digest themselves.

Donation made, complaint filed by Michael Bryant against the source of the donors frustration. Do with it what you want. I'm not implying anything.