Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog no longer wants to be in the house.

kbanse
October 30th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I have two siberians who, believe it or not, are somewhat indoor dogs. They are sisters and are 8 years old. Now all of a sudden, one has begun to stay outside all the time. When we bring her in, she will start whining and wanting to go back out. This is quite unusual since they have never had interest in staying outdoors before.

Any thoughts on causes or how I should treat this would be appreciated. There have been no changes to the house or their living arrangements. We did have company for a week who go along well with both dogs but that is about when it started. Now the company is gone and the she still doesn't want to come in.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Prin
October 30th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Just a question: how do they get enough exercise if they are indoors all the time?

pags
October 30th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I'm no behaviorist but in my experience even the best company can really mess up a dog's schedule and habits for a while... so it really could be related to your week long guests. I know my puppy has the tendency to beg to go out at strange times after we've had a lot of people in the house, for instance...