Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's been sooo long...

pags
October 30th, 2005, 02:31 PM
So here's a picture of poor Judge. Now forty-eight hours out from the big snip and well... the look on his face says it all. :p

pags
October 30th, 2005, 02:35 PM
And can't forget the babies - in order of appearance: Sahara, Jo, and Sunny.

I'll continue trying to get a picture of Mdm. Katrina, but at the moment she's hiding out somewhere in our attic rafters most likely. :eek:

CyberKitten
October 30th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Pags,

I wonder if you considered posting Tommy's story on Web Site for Pets Lost in Katrina (http://www.katrinafoundpets.com) You never know, someone from the Panhandle or Pensacola might know something?

The kittens are soooo sweet!! As is Judge!

Prin
October 30th, 2005, 02:56 PM
OMG Judge is so HUGE! I'm shocked! He looks so soft though. :)

pags
October 30th, 2005, 03:24 PM
CK! That's a great idea.. I'll go there now and post something. Thank you for the link. This is exactly why I missed the internet so much for the last couple of months!!

And Prin - funny you should say that because that's exactly what everyone's second reaction is when they meet Judge! (The first is "Does he hump everyone's leg like this or am I special?") He's incredibly soft and furry. The vet bestowed upon us an implement of torture known as a 'rake' when I picked him up Friday. Goofy me - I had never heard of such a thing with all my GSDs and their low maintenance coats... We've gone through an enormous amount of cheese for the last couple of days as Judge and I both try to get used to the thing a few square inches of soft fur at a time. :D

doggy lover
November 2nd, 2005, 08:26 PM
Pags I can't believe how big he's gotten, he is a beauty. He kind of looks pissed in that pic, I guess so after you took away his manhood. lol Kitties are beautiful too, wow I'm glad everyone survived the big storm. Its so nice seeing pics from you again. :p

mona_b
November 2nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
OMG,has he ever grown........ :eek:

He is soooo handsome.... ;)

What breed is he supposed to be again?

Cause with the solidness in his body and legs,and the way the fur is,I actually see Akita in him.

The kitties are just gorgeous.

So glad to have you back..... :highfive:

angie79
November 3rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
what happened to that little sweet judge who looked like he would fit in your arms lika a baby..... now he's a big sweet hair ball.. he's gotten so big and beutiful

pags
November 3rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
doggy lover! So nice to hear from you... I missed hearing from you and Tucker a lot! :love: Judge had that look on his face for a couple of days. LOL I think he forgives us now though.

And mona - you have no idea how much your post made me laugh because just a couple of days ago I had sent a picture to Luba who also saw lots of Akita in our Judge... And you see we have had all sorts of guesses - from St. Bernard to Corgi. Yes.. Corgi. But that was the first time anyone had said Akita -- and now here you are saying the same thing. LOL All the shelter said was "collie mix" and one of the vets at his clinic insists that it would be "border collie mix" specifically... So that 'mix' could very well be Akita. He's very stout and very strong and a great big baby.

And angie -- we can't believe he's gone from just under 4 lbs to this in less than six months. He grows before our eyes!

It's great hearing from all of you!! And thank you for the compliments -- Judge eats it up, you know. We love him dearly and we're very proud of him. And the kitties too of course - absolute darlings and I don't know how we lived without them before. I'm still trying to get a good shot of Mdm. Katrina for you guys... She's as striking as her babies - especially now that she's filling out some.

pags
November 3rd, 2005, 02:59 PM
Here's another!

Prin
November 3rd, 2005, 03:11 PM
Maybe I'm not creative, but I just see a collie mix... :o

Soooo furry! He's a cutie. Just one more? I think we need more than that.

Copper'sMom
November 3rd, 2005, 03:16 PM
Oh my Judge has gotten big!!!!! Still as adorable as ever though :p and oh so fluffy!!!! :angel:

doggy lover
November 3rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
I met a woman who had a border collie x golden ret. and it looked like your Judge. OK here is Tucker, I'd say border collie for sure.

pags
November 3rd, 2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Copper & Zoodles' Mom! Great hearing from you!! :grouphug:

And since Prin asked nicely -- and dl posted a picture of Tucker on the stairs... It just so happens that I was trying to get a picture of how Judge sits on the stairs yesterday... And here it is.

pags
November 3rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
By the way -- my camera got wet and the zoom is rusted.. not to mention the memory card reader/camera cables also have corroded connections now from the water SOOO my pictures are all looking like 1970s photo album snapshots right now. :p Many apologies.

And with that out of the way... I bet you ALL know this look... Caught red-handed -- er, red-pawed. :D

Prin
November 3rd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Still a cutie. :)

chico2
November 3rd, 2005, 05:03 PM
Awww Pags,great pictures and it's sooo good you have the PC and able to communicate.
The kitties are adorable,are you going to keep them all,or are you fostering??
In one of the pics,the one with your wonderful son,Judge looks like Lubas Sadie,when she was younger.From the side Judge looks Collie,but his face from the front is broader.Whatever he is,he is adorable...and so lucky to be with a family who did not give up on him in the face of a disaster.
The incredible horror we saw of abandonned,starving dogs in NO is a picture I'll never forget.
I can imagine you are very busy,4 kids,4 cats a dog, a hubbie and trying to fix up your house,but we want to see as many pics as possible :love:

pags
November 3rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
Thank you, Prin - he thinks so too. :D

And chico! Hello! I am thrilled to be back and glad you'll have me. :D The PC is a sanity-saver - isolation is horrible.

We love our Judge and we love all the kitties too. We are planning on keeping all of the kitties. Our only concern is with Katrina, the mama cat, who has gone completely wild on us... She has run of the house right now with the missing walls and open areas and disappears into the walls -- THE WALLS -- for days at a time sometimes. Ahhh.. But that's a story for another post.

I feel so deeply for all the abandoned animals.. And I feel deeply for the people who left them behind as well. I'm sure you'll believe that there were countless times during our ordeal that we had to make some tough decisions -- and all of these animals that we have taken into our care weighed very heavily in those. I know you're all aware of the nightmare of evacuations and the shelter system now... There was a point after the hurricane when we considered escaping the house to get to a shelter -- but Dave and I didn't want to leave Judge and the kitties behind. It's a horrific situation to be in -- and something absolutely MUST be done in the future for accomodating people's non-human family members. MUST!!!!

Thank you, Anita (nice name :D ) for the kind words. I'll be glad to make time for you guys in between all the reconstruction and mothering -- this is my great refuge.

kayla
November 3rd, 2005, 08:01 PM
What a cute furfamily you have! When I first saw Judge's pic I thought some sort of Chow mix, maybe he's a collie/chow? Whatever he is he's super cute! I just typed collie chow mix it in google and found this pic just like him :)

Prin
November 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
Pags, are you still living upstairs, or does the downstairs have walls already. :fingerscr

glasslass
November 3rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
Love the pictures and so happy to hear from you. Judge's expression just looks like pure adoration! He knows he's lucky!

pags
November 3rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
kayla - i have to admit that collie chow could be in Judge's immediate family for sure. Lots of people have guessed chow mix too.. I can understand it with his squarish face and all that fur...

it's good to see you too, glasslass! i've missed you all! and oh - that look on Judge's face.. that's how he looks at me in the morning too when I haven't gotten out of bed yet and he is waiting ever-so-patiently. i used to be really grumpy in the mornings before he came along. :)

Prin! As a matter of fact we're in the process of getting walls.. a nice volunteer group (the guys today were from west virginia and california) arrived this morning and started hanging some drywall for us! As for the upstairs thing though uh... well no. Although our plan was to stay upstairs until everything was in order -- it didn't actually happen that way... we have actually been staying downstairs since we got back in spite of the state of it. Part of it is that going up and down the stairs all night and day to make bottles and let furry dogs go out to do their business gets old sooo fast (so part one is pure laziness)... and part two is that once we gutted the downstairs it turned out to be cleaner than the upstairs -- even if not all that pretty. Our upstairs was damaged as well from the roof and wall leaks, you see. And although we had the downstairs a/c running from pretty early on - it was the upstairs unit that died on us twice.. so it got dank and icky up there pretty quick. We passed the mold inspection and were told we just have a lot of good old fashioned mildew to deal with. Yay!

I think I'll go post some pictures in the off-topic forum cause I'm proud of our new walls. LOL