Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog wont eat anything!!

Koran
September 8th, 2003, 11:01 PM
My Toy American Eskimo (1 year) was raised eating cat food. When she came into my household, I was quick to take her off the whiskas, however, even though she no longer will touch the cat food, she wont eat anything else. I have bought her expensive food (apparently the most appetizing) which she licked and walked away, cheap food (she wont touch it beyond a sniff). I have tried wet food, she throws it up after, and have even tried soaking her kibble in gravy or water or even milk. She is getting skinny and will bypass the dog kibble for her water bowl. What do I do? (I have even tried withholding food- she drinks more water).
Also, she frequently will throw up, often for no reason. She has not gotten into anything nasty either. When she is scolded or isnt getting attention, or doesnt get what she wants she throws up.

homer
September 9th, 2003, 02:28 AM
If your dog is really not eating ANYTHING at all and hasn't for a few days, then you are looking at a medical problem that can be caused by numerous things and you need to see a vet ASAP to diagnose the severity.

If the dog is actually snacking on other things that you didn't include in the post, then this is simply a behaviour issue. And if it is a behaviour issue then just feed your dog a high quality dog food as per the directions on the product. Don't give the dog traets or snacks until the dog gets used to it's food.

Homer