Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog died

fredycoronel
October 30th, 2005, 06:31 AM
my dog was a male puppy pitbull had diarrhea and vomiting so i took my dog to a vet and they told me that it had diarrhea and bronchitis so they gave him like 6 shots and some other medications so I took him to my house and like 12 hours later he died before he died he looked like if he was getting better because he started to move his head and looking at things he was still weak but getting well but then when he was sleeping he woked up and screamed a bark and all of the sudden stopped breathing and then some blood came out of his butt and the blood smelled like death. Does anybody know if it was poisoning or was it a disease like parvovirus or something else.

BMDLuver
October 30th, 2005, 06:46 AM
The only way to confirm that would be to have a test done on your pup to eliminate parvovirus. This test can be done post mortem.

Sorry for your loss.

BeagleMum
October 30th, 2005, 06:56 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 30th, 2005, 07:09 AM
I am sorry for your loss, that must of been devastating for you. RIP little Bullie. :angel:

april07
October 30th, 2005, 08:29 AM
I am sorry for your loss :(

Prin
October 30th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a doggy so young. Be careful though, people posted before about allowing a period between puppies to allow the virus to die... I don't know the details, but it has been mentioned a couple of times on this site.