Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do we set our clocks back tonight

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 29th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Is tonight the night we set our clocks back I thought it was tommorow that we set them back the 30, my hubby says its tonight. I am confused somebody help please.

gottahavepets
October 29th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I believe it is tomorrow, otherwise whoever made my calendar is in big doodoo! Lucky tomorrow is Sunday so we get a day to get it right. :rolleyes:

jesse's mommy
October 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM
You should set it before you go to bed tonight.

Isn't it an hour not a half hour?

CyberKitten
October 29th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Advise him that you are correct. Daylight Saving Time comes to an end at 2 a.m. Sunday.
If he does not believe you - or me :) - further advise him to click on the Yahoo News. (Or a similar site or news source (http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/1827031.html) thereof, lol)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 29th, 2005, 09:41 PM
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=256

well I found this out. I officially set it back at 2am as it will be Sunday, and yes it is an hour I know that much. Now I gotta stay up until two am. :eek:

Byrd
October 29th, 2005, 11:09 PM
LOL That's funny. Set it back before you go to bed, or when you wake up, I do it that way because then I get an extra hour in the day instead of in the night.

gottahavepets
October 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I soo prefer an extra hour of sleepy time. Spring always sets me crazy, and fall sets me straight, sort of. Good thing I read this thread because I would've set it back tomorrow after being late for everything! Thank-you guys (and gals)

Prin
October 30th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Well, I'm a bit late, but it was nice to accidentally wake up a little earlier today...

How does everybody feel about the up in the air plans to add another month to daylight savings? The US is turning the clocks forward 3 weeks earlier in the spring and one week later in the fall and they want Canada to follow.. I say no. I like sleeping in a bit later in the winter. It's hard enough to get out of bed...

CyberKitten
October 30th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I have always rather enjoyed the "extra" hour - I feel less tired and stressed. I am sure it's all psychological but hey, why complain, lol I have never been that keen about leaving for work early in the morning and coming home in the dark but I am used to it so it's not the end of the world.

I hope we do not follow the US idea. I vote we keep the system we have now. Mind you, it was developed for farmers when we had a more agrarian society so it may be outmoded but agriculture is still an important sector in the Maritimes.

jjgeonerd
October 31st, 2005, 02:43 PM
How does everybody feel about the up in the air plans to add another month to daylight savings? The US is turning the clocks forward 3 weeks earlier in the spring and one week later in the fall and they want Canada to follow.. I say no. I like sleeping in a bit later in the winter. It's hard enough to get out of bed...
I'm not sure it will do anything to save energy as is being advertised, but I think it's a good idea. Anything to let it get past 5 in the afternoon before it gets dark. Winters are a bummer here...light at 8-8:30 and dark at 4:30. I know i would get light later in the morning, but I'd rather have the extra daylight in the evening.

I'm sure it's even worse for most everyone on this board though. What time does it get dark in the winter in the different parts of Canada? Edmonton seems pretty far north!

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 02:51 PM
That's funny. I live in the States and I had no idea the clock system was changing. Is it starting next year? If not, I'm really screwed up on my time now!! :D

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 02:57 PM
JJ- they did a study a couple of years back and found that Montrealers were less happy than Torontonians in the winter because here we woke up 45 minutes before the sunrise and Torontonians woke up something like 15 minutes before. Apparently, more light in the morning makes people more productive during the day.

jjgeonerd
October 31st, 2005, 03:07 PM
Either way it sucks. Go to work in the dark and get home in the dark. 1 hour either way won't change that. :(

The anwer is 6 hour workdays!! :crazy:

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 03:09 PM
And a three day work week!

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 03:31 PM
Hey is anybody else's time wrong? (On pets.ca I mean) I can't fix it. I tried to shut off the DST and it won't.

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 03:36 PM
Mine is wrong too, but I figured it would reset itself at some point.

melanie
October 31st, 2005, 03:57 PM
hate daylight savings, stupidest thing ive ever heard of. and jsut to confuse you, south of the equator we go foreward, or went foreward on sunday...

stupid stupid stupid, im jsut tired now.

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 04:05 PM
It's your spring, no? It's "spring forward, fall back"... (You know, because you can't spring backward? :o )

melanie
October 31st, 2005, 04:34 PM
yep last month of spring, summer soon cant wait. we dont have fall, we have autumn. so you cant autumn anything really :D :D

'i love australia in the spring time'

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 04:36 PM
LOL Smart hiney. :D

Dog Mom
October 31st, 2005, 04:50 PM
Where I'm from we don't change time. It's confusing :confused:

melanie
October 31st, 2005, 05:11 PM
its all to do with your position in relation to the equator and sun at varying times of the year, you probably dont have to. here in NSW we change our clocks, but on the other side of the country in perth they do not due to their positions and the angle fo the sun. neither do darwin... so im assuming its the same for you, even though your in the same country things can vary alot. lucky you your clock can stay normal.... :D