Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it so hard to get along with the opposite sex -- I.E. your spouse?

jesse's mommy
October 29th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I just have to vent. My fiance is driving me insane today. You have no idea how bad I want to say get out! (Not permanently, just until he stops being a butthead!)

So here goes, a little history, I've been on vacation this past week and I've also had a pulled hamstring and as you know, we rescued a kitty. So this week has been a bitter/sweet vacation because my leg has been killing me and every time I feel a little better, I do something and it hurts more -- because being the female I have to take care of everything in the house.

So today rolls around and I'm tired because I just didn't sleep well last night so I'm a little more cranky than usual and my leg has been hurting a bit since I woke up. I've completely cleaned this house from one end to the other, washed and put away every single dish in the sink, washed-dryed and put away all but a few of HIS clothes in the house, took care of the dog and took care of the kitty while he sits in the spare room playing on his computer. I ask him to help me with putting away the few clothes of his, help me empty out our hot tub (it needed to be cyphoned), and help me wash this "throw" rug we have in our bathroom -- it needs to be handwashed and he has done this in the past. So he started the cyphoning and had this idea, let's go to lunch and a movie (basically to procrastinate doing the other two things). So I agree, but we end up leaving the movie early because their sound was busted in the theater and got tickets to use later. Then we stop at Walmart, which is a nightmare because everyone let's their kids run throughout the store without watching them and most people in that store are just buttheads, so this just puts me in a worse mood. We get home and I tell him I want to lay down for an hour. You think he would let me? NO, after 20 minutes of laying down he comes out with the dog barrelling after him, sits down on me and puts these googly eyes over the dogs eyes because he thinks its funny. He can't understand why I got mad. HMMMMMM????? So, he leaves another 20 minutes goes by and he's playing with the washing machine making a ton of noise. So I ask him what are you doing? He says I'm going to wash the rug from the bathroom. I say, don't you think I could have put it in the washing machine? There is a reason why I didn't. Do you remember it has to be hand washed and that you've done it before? He starts arguing with me because he wants to put it on the gentle cycle. So he finally takes it out of the washing machine -- unwashed -- puts it back in the bathroom and gets back on the computer and he wonders why I'm annoyed. What is so hard about putting a small pile of clothes, washing a small throw rug and starting a cyphon with a hose? I've done EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS HOUSE WITH A PULLED HAMSTRING and for some reason, it's the end of the world to him.

maddoxies
October 29th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Women are from Venus, men are really from Pluto, Mars is just their forwarding address.

jesse's mommy
October 29th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks Golden Girl!

Speaking of Walmart and people letting their kids run everywhere, has anyone else wondered why more parents don't put their kids on leashes. I'm not talking all parents only those who don't pay attention to their kids.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 29th, 2005, 06:39 PM
About three years ago they built houses behind us, and wanted all the yards to have the same fences for estetic reasons. Anyways they took down our old fence and put up a new one. Our neighbour actually wanted to buy the fence panels but my husband insisted on keeping them as he was planning to use them to extend our fence. He has actually been planning this for about three years now, neither of us have any idea to put up a fence, but I offered to go on the internet and find out and help him with it. No no its to complicated can't do that, okay then hire someone, no its to expensive,okay then take them to the dump no thats too expensive, okay then sell the fence panels, no cause he wants to use them. The other day I finally said are you ever going to do anything with these if not I am getting rid of them. Well arent you impatient why are you in such a hurry to get rid of them. Finally sick of looking at them I dragged them to the side of the house. Hopefully someone will drive by and steal them.

Gazoo
October 29th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I just have to vent. My fiance is driving me insane today. ..................................................

it's all YOUR fault. :p

Bearsmom
October 30th, 2005, 07:12 AM
I'm married to a packrat who's favourite line is, "don't throw THAT out, we may use it someday". We now have a full garage and 10 by 12 shed FULL of "use it somedays".

When we married, my husband had a mother who did absolutely EVERYTHING for him, and an ex wife who did absolutely EVERYTHING for him.

Let me tell ya, there were some serious growing pains till he realized that if he took his socks off, left them on the floor, walked PAST the hamper, that I wasn't cleaning up after him (especially not after 72 hour nightshifts).

When he bewilderedly asked, "where's all my socks?" after stepping over the PILE of dirty ones beside his side of the bed that he'd left there for a week, I finally blew up and explained to him that if he put them in the hamper, I'd gladly wash them, but I wasn't his maid.

He's much better now that he realizes that Molly Maid doesn't come around our residence, and Molly Maid doesn't come in the form of his wife!

jesse's mommy
October 30th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Are they all like this? Is this what they taught men in gym class when they separated the boys from the girls? Is it a universal microchip planted in their brains where somebody pushes the "stupidity" button and they all act at the same time?

rivers
October 30th, 2005, 08:42 AM
So here is how I see it. Please don't bite my head off, lol

Stay away from the shops on a Saturday, it is always crazy and a mad frenzy, not pleasant at all, especially stay away if in a bad mood.

Try to understand that he also worked all week, and wanted a day off. Doing odd jobs around the house is not fun if he doesn't want to do it. Just because you feel energetic and want to do it, doesn't mean he does.

So that's why he took you to the movies, to spend time with you, and relax.

The nap thing, yeh, he should have given you some alone time, but it seems he wanted to spend time with you and make you laugh.

So finally to make amends he tries to help you with the rug, but you bite his head off. So actually he was trying, but you were in a sour mood.

Maybe today is better.

Also try out this site for getting rid of stuff you no longer want (not for getting of loved ones!)
http://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=Canada

Gazoo
October 30th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Are they all like this? Is this what they taught men in gym class when they separated the boys from the girls? Is it a universal microchip planted in their brains where somebody pushes the "stupidity" button and they all act at the same time?

Ummm isn't that just a wee bit sexist? :rolleyes:

Prin
October 30th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I have to say though, moms who do everything for their kids really set them up for a lot of crap later on. I grew up with a single dad and we had to do everything for ourselves. My man... Not so much. His mom did everything. He has the worst allergies and he didn't even know how to sweep without stirring up a cloud of dust...

jesse's mommy
October 30th, 2005, 03:18 PM
You see first of all he is apackrat too so I'm constantly picking things up after him because he is alway s bringing stuff home and also has the someday we might use it attitude as well. Our attic is packed from oneend to the other with his "treasures". He also grew up with a mother that did EVERYTHING for him so basically doesn't feel the need to help with anything around the house. Now I know I was on vacation last week, but it doesn't matter if I'm on vacation or not, he doesn't do anything around the house until I have a fit like I did the other day. I too work long hours and being a sales rep for a cookie company, have a job that takes a lot of energy -- physically and mentally. So when I come home to a house that is a disaster because he just decided to go through everything on his day off after I cleaned in the morning drives me insane. He is so bad that he puts his dirty clothes on top of the hamper, not in the hamper. He can't lift the lid. Now I acknowledge that this is a major improvement considering before he couldn't even find the hamper and would just leave it on the bathroom floor, but there still is room for improvement on the household hygiene side. He just doesn't clean ANYTHING around here and it just irks me when I ask him to help out with things that would take no more than 1/2 for him to do (and that's if he was really slow at doing it). It is rather funny at times and I really am very patient with him and understanding that he's never had to do these things before, but then I think Hey I work just as hard as you and you need to split some of the household chores too because in all honesty, that's almost a full time job within itself. But it's all good. He's been keeping quiet today and not being too sarcastic with things coming out of his mouth. But he still didn't bother touching the throw rug!!! :D

jjgeonerd
October 31st, 2005, 01:16 PM
Sounds to me like you both need to sit down and assign responsibilities. My wife and I did this and we never fight about cleaning/taking care of things/etc. For instance:

1. I love to cook so I cook 95% of all meals and do the dishes. To balance this out she does ALL of the laundry. I put in hamper and forget about it. She even irons if I tell her what I need done, but I often forget and have to do it myself last minute (consequently I wear jeans to work a lot :p ).

2. My wife hates washing bathrooms. So do I, but she really does so I agreed to do that and mop floors when they need it. To make up for this she dusts, removes clutter that gathered during the week, and vacuum/sweeps.

Anyways...that's how we do it. Seems to work pretty well so far. Neither of us can ever bitch that the other isn't doing their share. :thumbs up

Prin
October 31st, 2005, 02:08 PM
Yes, but jj that only works because you are a nice guy who pitches in... :)

Beaglemom
October 31st, 2005, 02:14 PM
My husband and I have also split the housework. We each have our own responsibilities. I think that this is extremely important when living with someone, otherwise, someone will feel like they are doing all the work and the other isn't doing their part. My husband also lived alone for a few years before we got married. If he didn't do the cleaning, laundry and cooking, noone else would have, so I guess I'm a little spoiled.

melanie
October 31st, 2005, 03:14 PM
quote 'I'm married to a packrat who's favourite line is, "don't throw THAT out, we may use it someday'

lol not yours troo, its so annoying, do you know i now have 5 shower heads (akll really environmentally sound mind you) next to my desk, yes 5. we dont need them, our shower is fine, but his work was throwing them out so he had to take the lot, or perhaps the giant balck tarpolin that he brought home, it would be great if it didnt have a big yellow sign on one side. not to mention the tonns of tin we have in the shed, not useful but he says he will use it one day (one day my big butt he will).

as far as sh$%ing me up the wall goes, well on saturday i walk out the back to admire my newish car, well he had all the wheels off and was doing something, i shreik what the hell ar you doing, he says 'oh i jsut wanna tinkle with it' well bugger off and tinkle with something a little less expensive please.

ah then he went for the washing machine, and my lettuce boxes. and there was a million jobs in the house, but he managed to keep himself busy doing nothing all day while i cleaned. yeah he got me up the wall for sure.

see i jsut think its stupid, i want a house with a big divider down the middle, yeah he can come and visit, but he can clean his own side and leave mine right alone.

sadly hes a lazy gulluf, although have imporved over the past 6yrs, but his mummy did everything for him so he is practically useles in the house, under the bonnet hes fine, but in the house is just a waste of time. i would never ever ever let him clean my toilet, christ no, it would not be worth the worry.

oh dear, i dont know what to do, and i told him recently after picking up his wet towel fo the bed, i screamed with towel in had 'look buster, you need to get this under control and stop being a butt pain' i thrust the towel in his face and screamed 'see this is the thing that will probbly drive me to murder you in 25 yrs. so enjoy it now' needles to say he has not left a towel since.

oh and forgot to mention, 3 weeks ago he cut up my antique shirt, my favourite one that would have been great for my pregnancy (and i brought it 12yrs ago for $150, they were big bucks for a first job). anyway i come home to find my shirt in rags, between sobs adn tears i asked why he would do it, i had put it on a wash pile for the next wash day. he assumed that wash pile was kindly placed there for him to use as rags, so he cut the shirt up for work on the car. it was friggin washing, how can one get that wrong, and i put rags in the shed, stupid stupid stupid, grrrrr. i wont let him forget for a while yet. its sad to even think of for me.

yep get me that big divideing wall now please for my sanity. :eek: :D

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 04:20 PM
oooo, I like the idea of threatening with murder in 25 years...thanks so much. I really like that one. It might work...for a while.... :evil:

melanie
October 31st, 2005, 04:23 PM
threat only lasted a week, one must issue weekly death threats in order to maintain sanity and hygene in this house.

or i just keep telling him to keep it up, cause you dont know when i will either poision you, or do somethign to your dinner, lol lol :evil:

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 07:11 PM
Here's a funny one, my sister brought some soup over for us so I heated it up and made some grilled cheese to go along with it and Jim says, can we trust your sister? I said to him, she's not the one to worry about. He asked, what do you mean? I told him he should worry about me making his food with the ***** he puts me through and I told him to keep it up. He just smiled with this scared look and said I think I liked being single...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 31st, 2005, 09:30 PM
Melanie
quote 'I'm married to a packrat who's favourite line is, "don't throw THAT out, we may use it someday'
it sounds like your hubby could use some fence panels. I'll just ship him on over, I am sure you have room next to the shower heads. :D

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 09:31 PM
Joey that is soooooooo funny!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 31st, 2005, 09:35 PM
I'll just ship him on over

I actually meant to say ship them not him over, i dont think you need two pack rats. :D

jesse's mommy
October 31st, 2005, 09:38 PM
I'll ship the disco ball...Yes he has a disco ball among other things.

Sunkist/Winnie
November 1st, 2005, 07:03 AM
My husband is also a pack rat - " you never know when you'll need that" is a common phrase at our house.

We just bought a larger house and are building a two car garage - which will most likely never seen cars inside it. I told him just because we had a larger piece of property he wasn't going to collect larger pieces of junk...and that's how the 4 Wall Rule came to be.

4 Wall Rule - Anything outside of the 4 walls of his garage is fair game for me to throw out.

In exchange for this rule being implemented I had to promisie not to store anything in the garage...as I'm not the pack rat in this family that's not a problem for me.

I can't wait to see his face the first time I throw something out that creeped outside of the garage :evil:

jjgeonerd
November 1st, 2005, 10:34 AM
I'll ship the disco ball...Yes he has a disco ball among other things.

aaww...c'mon. You never know when you're going to need a disco ball!!! :crazy: Geez...women! :p

Gazoo
November 1st, 2005, 11:53 AM
My husband is also a pack rat - " you never know when you'll need that" is a common phrase at our house.

We just bought a larger house and are building a two car garage - which will most likely never seen cars inside it. I told him just because we had a larger piece of property he wasn't going to collect larger pieces of junk...and that's how the 4 Wall Rule came to be.

4 Wall Rule - Anything outside of the 4 walls of his garage is fair game for me to throw out.

In exchange for this rule being implemented I had to promisie not to store anything in the garage...as I'm not the pack rat in this family that's not a problem for me.

I can't wait to see his face the first time I throw something out that creeped outside of the garage :evil:

If I were him,

I'd just build a bigger garage!!! :p :p :D

shannonRN
November 1st, 2005, 12:39 PM
Is it so hard to get along with the opposite sex -- I.E. your spouse?
Yes.

That's why they include that part about "in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heartís deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?" Or something like that.

If only they'd realized how much more you would bestow upon them your heart's deepest devotion if they'd just get rid of some of their crap.

Luvmypit
November 1st, 2005, 01:54 PM
Mine likes to keep jars, and plastic containers. Yes we have tonnnnns of tupperware but 'we may need this one day' Arghh!. So now I have a whole cupboard dedicated to empty containers and jars.

My SO will help out but i still do the majority. he does most of the cooking and all the dishes. He also will do his own laundry and his daughters. My step daughter cleans one of the bathrooms and cleans the front closet.... people in my house have a real problem putting their shoes in the closet so she now does this at least 2 times a week.
I thinks it important that the chores be split up or someone is going to resent the other. Its also very important that children help out and have chores to do it so they can feel like a real contibuter to the house not just a boarder.

Also the roles of women have change dover the years, most aren't or cannot afford to be stay at home moms so we work. So that means if we have to work then dads should have to do the chores also. If I was a stay at home mom I would not mind doing the majority (not all) of the chores. Its really hard running a household.

Schwinn
November 1st, 2005, 01:56 PM
*walks into room, feels glare of every female*

What??

melanie
November 1st, 2005, 02:12 PM
lol, yes fence pailings, well i just got rid of some so i suppose he is looking for more, cause you never know....well i will ship back some pieces of metal that are off cuts from car building, oh their really fancy and shiny, and apparently one day will have dozens of handy applications, after 5yrs im yet to see one :D but he swears there are (any one want some vacume cleaners, oh yes apparently they can all be fixed up as good as new one day, so the ppl who tossed em out apparently could not see their value and are dumb) :eek: .

Quote'4 Wall Rule - Anything outside of the 4 walls of his garage is fair game for me to throw out'.

that is one of the most brilliant things i have heard in a very long time, i will enact that rule immeadiatly, perhaps i will get the laundry back that way....but what a good one, it relyl defines their space, not the trail that goes from one end of the property to the other.

actually our crap goes to the other endo f the country, no seriously. he currently has a near dead 1970 something yellow celica sitting in my sister back yard, apparently that will be the rally car one day, oh my poor sister is suffering to, she says it makes the backyard look real classy :D :D

BUT then

Quote 'Mine likes to keep jars, and plastic containers. Yes we have tonnnnns of tupperware but 'we may need this one day' Arghh'

um i must ocnfess, i am not innocent, i have tupparware coming out of my... ahem, dark cupboards. sadly i cant go past a good piece of plastic, i mean truly what a waste. i have one container that i worship that i have had since 1996, it stores rolled oats and always has. im soooo proud of that container, i love to recycle so this is an extension of that stuff really.

so im not wholy innocent, although i mostly am, i would say 90% of me is pure lovely innocence, the other 10% collects tupperware... :D :D

poor poor ladies, i feel sorry for us all...... :D

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 03:10 PM
We are the proud new owners of a brand new set of................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........Bagpipes! Bagpipes, can you believe it???? He doesn't even know how to play them. I told him it would be cute if he had a kilt and started flanking people, but he got mad at that. And guess where they are? SITTING ON MY KITCHEN COUNTER!!!

melanie
November 1st, 2005, 03:28 PM
oh my giddy aunt, jsut imagine all those pretty wonderous noises you wil get to hear while he learns the bag pipes, sorta like a strangled cat if im not mistaken, mmmmm nice and relaxing.

and now every time you go to the kitchen, well you get to look at the brilliant soon to be entertaining items. oh you lucky duck you :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
Bag pipes thats hilarous.
Well I well have you know that now I am going to have perfect abs you know the ones the people have on infomercials that are on at 2am. All in just 3 minutes a day yes three minutes a day.

My secret.....hubby came home with and ab-doer, from our neighbours garage sale. It looks like a chair with a horizontol U shaped bar attached at about arm pit level. Yes I will twist and turn that ab flab away. You may see me on tv giving my testimomial soon........

But right now it makes an awesome computer chair. :D

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 07:23 PM
WE HAVE ONE! It's in the attic. I tried to sell it at the yard sale, but there were no suckers like my Jim! It really is a wonderful computer chair!

You can't even begin to imagine what is in our attic -- not to mention, we have a rather large attic and it is filled. I cleaned it about two months ago (in the hot summer heat) and it's a disaster again. You can't find anything up there except my stuff. My stuff (Halloween decorations, XMas decorations, etc.) is all packed in those big plastic tubs and they are all labeled. His stuff is everywhere else. We also have 1 futon frame with three mattresses. Endless Computer supplies, Chuck Norris' Total Body Gym (yea, that gets used), I mentioned the disco ball, there are these stupid lights he has that he wants to put in the living room on each side of the TV that change colors with the different sounds of the bass (he just thinks it would be cool), Endless books (we have 5 bookshelves in one room along the wall that are six foot high that are completely filled and it's not enough because the rest are packed away in the attic), a banjo, a keyboard, about 7 guitars, 3 ukelales, a violin, and the list goes on. Name any infomercial and I bet it's in our attic. Oh, here's two funnies to add to the list, he has two inflatable recliners in the attic that he actually wanted to throw our sofas away and set up in the living room (with the lights).

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 1st, 2005, 07:31 PM
We also have an easyrider you know the thing you sit on and ride sort of like a seasaw.(not sure how else to describe it) I think they were on all the infomercials about ten years ago or so hubby brought it home from his work one day.

Sunkist/Winnie
November 2nd, 2005, 10:13 AM
Bag pipes wins over anything weird that my husband has dragged home.

Maybe a noise rule is needed above and beyond the 4 wall rule??

Schwinn
November 2nd, 2005, 11:04 AM
Bag pipes?? Cool!

We had a piper for our wedding. A buddy of mine apparently has awards for piping, and he sent an e-mail to my wife saying, "I don't know if he told you, but I play the bag pipes, and would be honoured if you wanted me to play". My wife looked at me and asked if he was any good. My reply? "How would you be able to tell?" My Scottish mother-in-law was not nearly as amused. (FYI, I do like bagpipes, but also realize they are an aquired taste).

You women sound like my wife complaining about me E-bay box. Every day, it becomes more valuable... :D

shannonRN
November 2nd, 2005, 11:19 AM
What the heck is an E-bay box? Is that a collection of crap you intend to auction on E-bay :D

I love bag pipes. I think once you hear them played (and played well) at a funeral, they really strike a chord that sticks with you. At least that is the case with me.

Now, if Mark brought a set home......? I dunno about that. Would get a real kick out of seeing him in a skirt, er I mean kilt, however. I guess he has listened to me fumble away at the guitar for years without complaint, so I'd have to deal with it.

jesse's mommy
November 2nd, 2005, 01:46 PM
I absolutely agree bagpipes can be beautiful if played in the proper setting and played properly. The problem with us is that he can't play them -- AT ALL. He has no idea. He just wanted them. No other reason.

I too am curious about an EBay box. What is it?

Stitch
November 2nd, 2005, 08:18 PM
You ladies realize that you could just kill your hubbys and be out in 7 years or less with good behavior right? It may be easier than trying to change him ;)

Prin
November 2nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
I don't think that's part of the plan. Dying because of laundry/chore squabbles? That's kinda drastic no?

Schwinn
November 3rd, 2005, 01:49 PM
Yes, an EBay box is all the stuff I haven't gotten around to putting on EBay yet. I've noticed she's been eyeing my mountain bike stuff, lately, too...

jesse's mommy
November 3rd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Schwinn -- if your wife read this, what would she contribute?

Rick C
November 4th, 2005, 10:41 AM
About three years ago they built houses behind us, and wanted all the yards to have the same fences for estetic reasons. Anyways they took down our old fence and put up a new one. Our neighbour actually wanted to buy the fence panels but my husband insisted on keeping them as he was planning to use them to extend our fence. He has actually been planning this for about three years now, neither of us have any idea to put up a fence, but I offered to go on the internet and find out and help him with it. No no its to complicated can't do that, okay then hire someone, no its to expensive,okay then take them to the dump no thats too expensive, okay then sell the fence panels, no cause he wants to use them. The other day I finally said are you ever going to do anything with these if not I am getting rid of them. Well arent you impatient why are you in such a hurry to get rid of them. Finally sick of looking at them I dragged them to the side of the house. Hopefully someone will drive by and steal them.

That's funny because that's what Mrs. C would do, not myself.

We have lumber piled up against the house which I painfully dragged from Home Hardware only to see it languish for the last two years because the person demanding it - Mrs. C - decided her project was a no-go. She's the pack rat, not me, although she did a very thorough spring cleaning job on the garage a week ago.

As to the rest, dividing duties is a good idea. Mrs. C was a manager for some years at a couple of daily newspapers but, as my business prospered, she elected to be a housewife. I'm out making dough during the day and she generally takes care of anything house/cooking/shopping related. Its not like I'm a knob and don't wash the floors or vacuum when she's pressed for time with company coming but that's generally her ballywick. Her choice. I buy my own suits and shoes but generally she takes care of the rest of all the shopping as well.

Mutual respect salted with the ability to agree to disagree and walk away without being a drama queen is probably the formula that will work. Twenty years and counting for us.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Schwinn
November 4th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Schwinn -- if your wife read this, what would she contribute?

Geez, I don't know if could make a list of all the things she questions why I keep it. Of course, it isn't as long now that the entire basement has become my domain. But, pretending it wasn't...

Bike parts (obviously)
Bikes
Bike magazines
FLEX magazines
Pieces of wood of various shapes and sizes (hey, you through out that piece of cylindrical wood, you KNOW you'll need it within a week!)
Kinder Surprise toys
Car stuff (okay, so even I don't know everything I have)
Old toys that I'm going to re-finish
Various "papers" that MIGHT be important some day
Card board boxes (in case I need to pack something...from my EBay box, for example!)
Pretty much every trinket, dustable or piece of crap an immediate family member has ever given me.
A zillion T-shirts (especially my mountain bike shirts. They CAN'T go in the dryer!)
Every little "thing" I've gotten at bike shows or car rallys (like my pit-pass for the Tall Pines rally)

I think there are other things where she's said, "Why are you keeping this? WHY??" But in all fairness, I have gotten much better. There is an entire garbage bag full of T-shirts waiting to be given away to a relative who collects them. And she's been known to throw out too much stuff (imagine how excited I got to find my test results for my police exam in the recycling bin)

That being said, I'm hoping we'll have the 10'x10' shed I'm building finished this weekend to fit most of my stuff.

Bearsmom
November 4th, 2005, 04:34 PM
You ladies realize that you could just kill your hubbys and be out in 7 years or less with good behavior right? It may be easier than trying to change him ;)

It's only a murder if they find the body........ :p

Roxy's_MA
November 4th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Kinder Surprise toys

If it was my man keeping things like this....I would have to kill him :evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 4th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Schwinn=Bike parts (obviously)
Bikes
Bike magazines
FLEX magazines
Pieces of wood of various shapes and sizes (hey, you through out that piece of cylindrical wood, you KNOW you'll need it within a week!)
Kinder Surprise toys
Car stuff (okay, so even I don't know everything I have)
Old toys that I'm going to re-finish
Various "papers" that MIGHT be important some day
Card board boxes (in case I need to pack something...from my EBay box, for example!)
Pretty much every trinket, dustable or piece of crap an immediate family member has ever given me.
A zillion T-shirts (especially my mountain bike shirts. They CAN'T go in the dryer!)
Every little "thing" I've gotten at bike shows or car rallys (like my pit-pass for the Tall Pines rally

get rid of it all, now you need to make room for the Macdonalds toys. :D

Schwinn
November 7th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Schwinn=

get rid of it all, now you need to make room for the Macdonalds toys. :D

Actually, they're in with the Kinders...

melanie
November 7th, 2005, 02:37 PM
quote 'I don't think that's part of the plan. Dying because of laundry/chore squabbles? That's kinda drastic no?'

absolutly not my darlin, after the 30millionth time, well one can only hope ones sanity stays intact enough not to commit murder.:D