Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Updated London By-laws

BullLover
October 28th, 2005, 10:33 AM
I hope this link works. It's the new (revised) version of the bylaw.

http://council.london.ca/Environment%20and%20Transportation%20Committee%20A gendas/2005-10-31%20Agenda/1item%2010.pdf

love my dogs
October 28th, 2005, 02:32 PM
WOW, that's much better! They went from 130/year to 50/year for the licence....BullLover you must be somewhat relieved.

I think it's great that we had such an impact, and who knows, it could still get revised even further.

BullLover
October 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=love my dogs]WOW, that's much better! They went from 130/year to 50/year for the licence....BullLover you must be somewhat relieved.[QUOTE]

Relief doesn't even describe how I was feeling. Going from $450 down to $150. I can actually buy some Christmas presents this year.

Georgiapeaches
October 28th, 2005, 04:12 PM
It is a relief, but it is still bsl. They want us to pay for the enforcement of the DOLA. Well, parts of the DOLA includes all breeds of dogs. Should we pay for the enfoprcement if a Golden or a GSD bites someone or another dog??! I think NOT!

babyrocky1
October 28th, 2005, 04:30 PM
My links not working, does this mean no liability ins? Im assuming so...hey BSL is going to be here till we get rid of it provincially, you guys did an amazing job and undoubtably saved dogs lives. Lots of people just dont have the money and couldn't havae paid those prices! Congrats you guys, you all should be REALLY proud! :grouphug:

love my dogs
October 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM
babyrock- I am super excited....yes it means no insurance, no sign and the lower fees (from 1st proposal).

GP I know it is still BSL, and it still sucks....they probably made those initially outrageous proposals so that after they amend it, we would all be happy and it would go over much better.....you know negotiations.

We can still stir thing up a bit though because it has not passed yet. Those are all valid points that you made, and I agree. Why should pittie owners alone pay for dola enforcement, and on another thread it is mentioned that it is illegal to train pitties to fight, but it should say "illegal to train any dog to fight".

So we still have some work to do.

Let's email the committe members with these comments.

lezzpezz
October 29th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Thanks BullLover for the direct link....

Did any of you watch the City TV video bit on the Provincial ban?

Did any of you notice her statement, and I quote the female reporter here:

Animal Services (Toronto) is "relying on YOU (the general public!) to call in and report Pit bulls"....

Let me get this straight....there is not enough Animal Services staff, (ACC in London), to do the job, most of whom have no training in breed identification in the first place, and they want to pass the job onto Joe Public, who, in all likelihood, has even LESS likelihood of identifying a dog as pit bull!!

Just look at Michael Bryant, as a prime example: Here's a guy who can't tell his azz from a hole in the ground and HE proved this most clearly, when he could not tell one breed from another while handed the "guess which one is a pb test"! On camera, no less...

Am I to assume that the average person is now responsible for reporting pit bulls in their midst to the "authorities"? Gimme a break!

Does anyone else see a problem here???? :eek:

I'm going to throw this blurb out there on the BSL thread as well, so others can hash this out.... :confused:

love my dogs
October 29th, 2005, 03:08 PM
yeah...it's almost laughable. I watched and thought how stupid that is to say, but truthfully I don't think too many are willing to do the ACC's job for them...do you?

Conners
October 29th, 2005, 06:07 PM
With all this enforced, what is Oct. 31st meeting about then? Sounds like they already have this all settled...for the better!
Oh and did you read where signs are not mandatory and no fine for not posting them. HARRAY!