Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please help with business name

StaceyB
October 27th, 2005, 09:10 PM
The name I had chosen to use may not be available to incorporate and since I had chosen it so long ago I can't seem to change my thought.
We will see in the morning if I can still use my original choice but if I can't I will need to choose another so I was looking for a little help for ideas. The business is dog training and doggy daycare.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

shannonRN
October 27th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Can you remind us what the name was that you had picked out? Helps to know what sort of tone you were going for...

StaceyB
October 27th, 2005, 10:03 PM
The Dogs Den Learning Centre

StaceyB
October 27th, 2005, 10:06 PM
At this point I am looking for anything even words or phrases that I can possibly match together to make a name.

Prin
October 27th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Did you try "Doggie" or "Doggy" instead of Dogs?

happycats
October 27th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Dog Daycare and Academy
The Good Dog school
The Good Dog College
Happy Dogs Haven
Dog Degree and daycare centre
Teachers "pet" school and daycare
Pooches PhD centre

kayla
October 27th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Dog Daycare and Academy
The Good Dog school
The Good Dog College
Happy Dogs Haven
Dog Degree and daycare centre
Teachers "pet" school and daycare
Pooches PhD centre

I like the "Teachers pet school and daycare" but would change "daycare" to "playcare". :D

StaceyB
October 27th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Did you try "Doggie" or "Doggy" instead of Dogs?

If the forms of the words are too close unfortunately they won't accept them. A catchy phrase might work best I don't know.

I was thinking of possibly trying Capital Dogs learning Centre but it may be too general.

TobsterMom
October 27th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Clever Canines
Precociuos Pooches
Practically Perfect Pooches

I named my husbands computer business. Our last name is O'Toole, so I came up with "O'Tuters Computers" (no longer in business btw, nothing to do with the name though ;) ). Everyone thought it was pretty catchy. Maybe you could use your name, or a play on words?

Puppyluv
October 27th, 2005, 11:25 PM
What about "Paws Play and Learn"? A little basic yes, but it sticks.

gomez
October 28th, 2005, 05:58 AM
If the forms of the words are too close unfortunately they won't accept them. A catchy phrase might work best I don't know.

I was thinking of possibly trying Capital Dogs learning Centre but it may be too general.

My business name is Capital Chef - I think Capital is a good solid word, it not only conveys the best, but also the city.. and also serious...

I like Capital Dog Academy

happycats
October 28th, 2005, 07:55 AM
What about,
The Ottawa Dog Academy
" " " School
" " " Training Centre
(K-9) or Canine College and Playcentre (Playcare)
The Canine Academy
Canine Playcare
K-9 Play Den

PetFriendly
October 28th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I like the suggestions offered up by Puppyluv and TobsterMom. I would want the name to indicate both the school and daycare. I really like the use of the word playcare, but I'm not too fusy about using the word academy, sounds too intimidating/formal to the common dog owner.

Me and Kayla
October 28th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Dog-GONE SMART!!

:)

Me and Kayla

StaceyB
October 30th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks for all the ideas, still having a horrible time finding one that will be accepted.

Lizzie
October 30th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Capital City Petcare and Leaning Centre
Ottawa Petcare and Learning Centre
Petcare Plus OR Petcare+

StaceyB
October 31st, 2005, 04:27 PM
Yay, I got the name I wanted. It took some work but I managed to get it. The sign on the door will say The Dogs Den Learning Centre Ltd