Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Its Almost October 29th!

pitbulliest
October 27th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Man...time goes by wayyyy too fast :(
We gotta muzzle our dogs soon guys... any thoughts on this? Any updates on the court case?

Georgiapeaches
October 27th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Man...time goes by wayyyy too fast :(
We gotta muzzle our dogs soon guys... any thoughts on this? Any updates on the court case?

It's tomorrow(October 28), not October 29, all pitbulls have to be spayed/neutered, muzzled and leashed.

It sucks, especially when Daisy (one and half year old pitbull) will not accept the muzzle :sad: It's going to be difficult and very sad. I had the muzzle on Georgia (5 and 1/2 year old pitbull x) today and she was taking it so well, I was sitting beside her in the kitchen and I started crying and she started licking my face through her muzzle.

babyrocky1
October 27th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Awwww, Georgia Peaches, Im going through the same thing. Rocky hates it so much, its like being legislated to torture your dog, and he has gotten his muzzle off a few times so I have to be mean and correct him when he starts to paw at it. He is learning how to kiss through a little whole in the side :sad: :pawprint: BTW someone told me that the dogs are okay til Sat. even though the date is the 28th. Maybe its midnight, I dont know....its not worth taking the chance thats for sure, but has anyone else heard this???? If we have one more day for sure I will take it!

Me and Kayla
October 27th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Awwww, Georgia Peaches, Im going through the same thing. Rocky hates it so much, its like being legislated to torture your dog, and he has gotten his muzzle off a few times so I have to be mean and correct him when he starts to paw at it. He is learning how to kiss through a little whole in the side :sad: :pawprint: BTW someone told me that the dogs are okay til Sat. even though the date is the 28th. Maybe its midnight, I dont know....its not worth taking the chance thats for sure, but has anyone else heard this???? If we have one more day for sure I will take it!

I haven't heard anything about an added day. I hope so because I would love to take her on a 2-3 hour walk to the beaches on Sat. (without the muzzle). I hate the thought that today's freedom walk, was our last.

Kayla doesn't mind the muzzle as long as I put it on her, run out the door and continue on a steady pace around the block and over to the park. But, once we get to the park, she starts her antics of dragging her face across the grass trying to get the muzzle off. I think the trick is going to be just to keep her busy and her mind off it until she is comfortable wearing it. This sucks!

Me and Kayla

babyrocky1
October 27th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I think they meant that they would have to wear there muzzles ON Saturday, but i thought it was tomorrow which is the 28th, has anyone heard anything on the news about the enforcement starting?

babyrocky1
October 27th, 2005, 09:40 PM
I think they meant that they would have to wear there muzzles ON Saturday, but i thought it was tomorrow which is the 28th, has anyone heard anything on the news about the enforcement starting?

babyrocky1
October 27th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Bad news and just a little good news. I just called 52 division and asked them when the ban would start to be enforced, the officer didn't know the enactment date, I told him the 28th so he said midnight tonight!!!!! So by the time I get home.... I may have fifteen minutes. I also asked him about the yards....he said everything is up to interputation....no kidding, he thought things should be fine, I was just speaking to him with the Im in there by myself scenario, and then I said I might have play dates for my dog every so often. He thought that would still be fine but warned me to be careful cause if my dog, being a pt bull, got in trouble....it would be bad. He did however feel that if I had spiteful neighbours....they could cause trouble and if attention were drawn to me being there...again even with permission they would probably pay me a visit and tell me not to go back. He didn't think there would be real trouble. I told him that people were wondering because of the property being owned by the city but he didn't think that would be a big problem. He suggested I phone a free city legal service and I don't think he means the numbers I gave Missy. Ill check that out tomorrow. I could also talk to the harbour patrol, they are the ones that see me every day playing ball and see what they have to say. If there okay, well no one else can even see us back there. If all this cools down at some point then we will know if its safe to do play dates there or not. In the mean time Im going to put in a request for the indoor space.

Georgiapeaches
October 27th, 2005, 10:18 PM
It was just reported about on Citytv news(Toronto). Steve Barker from the DLCC spoke and it was a fair and honest report. All restricted dogs must be muzzled, leashed and sterilized by October 28. At the end of the story they advised all dog owners to check the law as some parts affect them aswell.

London, ON pitbull owners have been recieving notices in the mail stating the restrictions and dates for the provincial law. It is tomorrow! DO NOT take any chances. Even if you do not think it will be enforced you never know, and it is better to be safe then sorry and lose your dog(s). We are responsible for our dogs safety so lets take every precaution to make sure they are safe :)
Just got back from an extra, extra long, muzzle free walk with mine.

Me and Kayla
October 28th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Bad news and just a little good news. I just called 52 division and asked them when the ban would start to be enforced, the officer didn't know the enactment date, I told him the 28th so he said midnight tonight!!!!! So by the time I get home.... I may have fifteen minutes. I also asked him about the yards....he said everything is up to interputation....no kidding, he thought things should be fine, I was just speaking to him with the Im in there by myself scenario, and then I said I might have play dates for my dog every so often. He thought that would still be fine but warned me to be careful cause if my dog, being a pt bull, got in trouble....it would be bad. He did however feel that if I had spiteful neighbours....they could cause trouble and if attention were drawn to me being there...again even with permission they would probably pay me a visit and tell me not to go back. He didn't think there would be real trouble. I told him that people were wondering because of the property being owned by the city but he didn't think that would be a big problem. He suggested I phone a free city legal service and I don't think he means the numbers I gave Missy. Ill check that out tomorrow. I could also talk to the harbour patrol, they are the ones that see me every day playing ball and see what they have to say. If there okay, well no one else can even see us back there. If all this cools down at some point then we will know if its safe to do play dates there or not. In the mean time Im going to put in a request for the indoor space.

If that's the case, then why could we not use the tennis courts where Rocky and Kayla had their date? They are city owned too, and at least there we could 'lock' the dogs into the area, so there was no chance of any contact with other dogs or people.

Me and Kayla

BullLover
October 28th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Does anyone know if the dogs have to be muzzled while you are driving in a car? My guys come with me in the car for frequent trips. I have their muzzles in the car just in case I have to get out, but I don't muzzle them while I'm driving. Should they be?

Me and Kayla
October 28th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know if the dogs have to be muzzled while you are driving in a car? My guys come with me in the car for frequent trips. I have their muzzles in the car just in case I have to get out, but I don't muzzle them while I'm driving. Should they be?

Your vehicle is private property. You should be safe there.

Copper'sMom
October 28th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Your vehicle is private property. You should be safe there.

It had better be as my "posse" lol come everywhere with me! They are like credit cards, I never leave home without them(or at least Copper :p )!