Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Moving to Chile - Must Rehome Tabby

SOS MIOW
October 27th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I received the following e-mail today:

I wish to find a new home for my wonderful cat Dijon. He is a tabby male of four years old who has been with us since he was born.
He is adorable, very quiet, clean and loving.
The situation is that my family will be relocating to Chile by the end of the year and we cannot bring him with us.
He has been a wonderful cat and we hate to say goodbye but his wellbeing is our first priority.
Our five children will really miss him but we rather see him happy and safe than risk him in any way by trying to selfishly make him join us in an adventure that we donít have stability or place to live back there yet.
Thanks for reading my story and please give me some advise to find him a new home.
He is neutered and has all his vaccines up to date.

If anyone can help, please e-mail: claudiasoto@videotron.ca

SOS MIOW
December 5th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Dijon's family is moving next week and SOS MIOW will be taking Dijon under our care.

Prin
December 5th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Thank you SOS for looking after this furry.:angel:

Rottielover
December 6th, 2005, 07:23 AM
I met this cat, he is a beauty

SOS MIOW
December 7th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Dijon is now at our adoption centre and is not a happy camper. He has never been away from his family and is certainly not used to the cage with other cats around.

He is a somewhat large male tabby in excellent health and we have been assured that he is very friendly (right now, he doesn't trust anyone) and is great with kids (owner has 5 children), although not a cuddler.

Here is an updated picture of Dijon.

badger
December 7th, 2005, 10:33 PM
He looks alot like my Badger, right down to his big fat paws. I hope someone will take pity on him soon.

Rottielover
December 8th, 2005, 07:08 AM
I will say one thing, he should not be adopted with toddlers, he is too skiddish, or dogs. He is a cutie. But very skiddish around young kids, the youngest he has ever been around is 5 I believe

maddoxies
December 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM
I have a coworker interested in adopting a cat. I have no idea what he is looking for in a cat (other than 100% litter trained), but I will show him Dijon's photo :fingerscr

badger
December 8th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Hijack...sorry. Goldengirl, I have two candidates, an adorable tabby and a slightly neurotic tuxedo. Both ready to go...

badger
December 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
That's Rupert, above. Trevor, below.

SOS MIOW
December 8th, 2005, 11:18 PM
We are having some major problems with Dijon - he is very agressive (actively attacking us when we try to change his litter box or give him food/water). The previous owner now tells us that only her older son was able to handle him ........ he does not like being picked up whatsoever.
:(

SOS MIOW
December 8th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I have a coworker interested in adopting a cat. I have no idea what he is looking for in a cat (other than 100% litter trained), but I will show him Dijon's photo :fingerscr

Have your co-worker come by our adoption centre in Vaudreuil-Dorion where she can see our cats (we are open during regular store hours).

chico2
December 9th, 2005, 06:56 AM
SOS,I am sorry to hear about Dijon,he is obviously distressed and I hope he will not be judged by that.You are wonderful for having taken him,he could have been dumped at the SPCA,with no chance.
If some stranger came in wanting to carry or handle my tabby Rocky,he would probably defend himself too.But of course to a prospective adopter,it will be a sign of aggression:sad:
I know I might sound unreasonable,but if I moved to Chile or anywhere else,my cats come with me,they are familymembers.
This poor soul has lost everything he knows.
Badger you kitties are beautiful...:love: