Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! Sick cat, need some answers

poetrage
September 8th, 2003, 02:17 PM
I have a two cats, thank God, only one of them is sick.

Grayson (the sick cat) is 2 years old. About a week ago he started vomiting 4 or 5 times a day. The vomit was liquid, no food, no hair. I took him to the vet immediatly, she gave me an anti-nausia (?sp) medication. That has helped, he has only vomited once since taking that and it was a smaller amount of vomit than when he started.

The problem is that he has stopped eating. He is normally a very talkative and active cat. Since he got sick he is just laying around, he has no energy (probably because he is not eating) he is losing weight, i have to force feed him the pills. He is not talkative at all. About 2 days ago he finally meowed at me and it sounded sad.

Luckly he is drinking, I am giving him a hairball laxative as my vet suggested but we are having trouble figuring out what is wrong with him. I am taking him to the vet again in a few days but would greatly apprecitate any info that anyone has.

What should I look for or do or ask the vet to do. What kind of tests, what could it be. Please help, I want my playful, lovable cat to feel better, it breaks my heart to see him like this.

:( please help!