Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lookit what I've got/kittens

Lucky Rescue
October 26th, 2005, 08:17 PM
These kittens were taken from someone who has about 15 cats - all intact, malnourished, wormy etc. Luckily I just got my foster room all cleaned up!

There are 3 kittens and they are from the skinny little "Pathetic" mom cat I posted.

They look about 7 weeks old and are too cute for words. They need a little TLC before going to new homes! Lemme know if you want one (or two!)

mona_b
October 26th, 2005, 09:28 PM
OMG....How adorable.

You just love torturing me don't you...... :p

Do you have pics of the other 2?

Lucky Rescue
October 26th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Here's another one.:p

CyberKitten
October 26th, 2005, 10:31 PM
OMG is right!! How adorable they are!!!!!

mona_b
October 26th, 2005, 10:53 PM
again...OMG

Here goes......And the third????

BMDLuver
October 27th, 2005, 06:50 AM
That first one is just too cute for words!

grumble grumble... darn allergies...

Lucky Rescue
October 27th, 2005, 08:58 AM
I"m worried about the fluffy one. He/she is especially emaciated and might need a trip to the vet....Here's what I found when I went into their room last night:

mona_b
October 27th, 2005, 09:09 PM
OOOMMMGGG...That pic is just priceless.

The three Amigos...LOL

Ummmmmmm,any chances of YOU adopting one or 2,maybe three????..... :D :p

Lucky Rescue
October 27th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Aren't they just darling? I had to take the fluffy one to the vet tonight, since she is emaciated.:( She is ONE pound!

any chances of YOU adopting one or 2,maybe three????.....

Zero chance of 2 or 3. However, I'm fighting with myself not to keep Fluffy, since my feral mom cat is just desolate over the loss of her Stinkerbell and is pining terribly (as I am):(

I don't know if she would take to another kitten the way she did Stinky.

mona_b
October 27th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Awwww poor baby....I hope "fluffy"(even though they all look fluffy..lol) will be ok.... :sad:

I don't know if she would take to another kitten the way she did Stinky.

She may or may not.But you'll never know till you try.... ;)

Lucky Rescue
October 27th, 2005, 10:59 PM
But you'll never know till you try

You STOP that!! Right now!:p

This is "Fluffy"...

Prin
October 27th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Aww, Lucky, that's your new cat fluffy? What are your two other kittens called?

badger
October 27th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Let's start the campaign rolling by finding her a new name...looks like a Sophie..

poodletalk
October 28th, 2005, 06:07 AM
Lucky, I was hoping you would adopt the kittens mom, she needs some TLC

Lucky Rescue
October 28th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I was hoping you would adopt the kittens mom, she needs some TLC

She is safe now and getting the care she needs. We *MAY* have someone to take her.

4 other cats ranging in age from 6 months to about 2 years are also needing homes and all from the same place. They are all between 4 and 5 lbs.

I'll have pics tonight.

rivers
October 28th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Too cute! Pom-pom, Bon-bon and....Fluff-fluff, lol

Lucky Rescue
October 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
How about "Poopy Butt"?? Diarrhea + fluffy fur = a stinky mess.:(

Poor baby is not too enthusiastic about having her little butt shaved and washed....

Prin
October 28th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Fluffarrhea? :o

jesse's mommy
October 28th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Fluffarrhea? :o

That is sooooo funny! :crazy:

pet_lover2300
October 28th, 2005, 05:10 PM
I SUPERLY need a kitten. LOL and ur kitten, fluffy and the others are SUPERLY kute! lets all remember me as the girl who always said SUPERLY in cap letters! That really has nothin to do with the fact i want free kittens.If anyone happens to be giving them away free or VERY cheap e-mail me at ... I like to talk about things off topic so if u get bored just skip this intire msg! LOL buts its the end so w./e

I REALLY want a kitten!.*.*.* :fingerscr HoPiNg :fingerscr *.*.* :thumbs up :thumbs up :p :p :p :p
(BTW i live in da toronto area.

Lucky Rescue
October 28th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Sorry, there are no FREE kittens here. They have been dewormed, deflead and will be spayed and neutered when the time comes. All this is included in the adoption fee and that is MUCH less than you would pay if you had this done to a free kitten you picked up somewhere.

Please call any vet in Toronto and ask for a price for:

Exam
Special kitten food
Worm meds
Flea meds
Spaying or neutering

pet_lover2300
October 29th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Thank you, you see i am willing to pay but my mother saw kitty's in a window at the pet store and (since she grew up on a farm in quebec where they didnt de-worm or shot the cats, not because they were to lazy or nothing, just they'd actually never heard of shoting or de-worming) she was incredibly suprised to find out that 185$

How much does it cost to spay/neuter, de-word and shot a cat? I mean like an estimation. I didnt mean any harm for free ones and i read your post about the kitens givin away and the brother's frend who sat on one and all that. Im a caring loving home and would never do anything to hurt an animal.

Plus, im a little upset cuz there is nowhere they are selling kittens for a reasonable price for my mother. And another thing is Both my father and iare allergic to cats but are going threw with it anywho. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

badger
October 29th, 2005, 08:50 AM
What's the point of getting a cat when you have allergies? It is completely irresponsible to adopt an animal you know is going to create health problems for your father (and you) and that you may have to get rid of in the future. Do you know how difficult it is to rehome a cat?

jesse's mommy
October 29th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Pet Lover -- Here's an idea to try. If you are so insistant to having a feling, why don't you see if you can foster a cat or kitten to see how bad of an allergic reaction you and your father have. If it's a bad reaction, then you know the cat/kitten will have a home soon and you will know it's not good for you. If it's a reaction that isn't that bad (because there are different degrees off allergies), then you know you can either adopt the feline you are fostering, or you can adopt another once the foster feline has been placed. This way you aren't "locked" in to owning a cat because these facilities work extremely diligently to find permanent homes. You also get to see the responsibilities involved with owning a cat. They are easier than dogs, but it is a big responsibility. It is ultimately up to you that this cat survives and some people aren't able to handle that. It's a good way to have a "trial run" and not have a guilty conscience if it doesn't work out because of medical problems.

Lucky Rescue
October 29th, 2005, 09:23 AM
No reputable rescue will adopt a kitten to people who have allergies. No way would we do that.

Buying a kitten in a pet store is a very bad idea. They are way overpriced, not spayed or neutered (around here at least) and could have all kinds of disease. The people breeding them don't care that there are millions of cat dying every year and all they care about is getting money.

You could do what jesse's mommy suggests and ask a rescue if they will let you try fostering a kitten, although it's possible to not be allergic to a kitten until it's older.

What will your parents do if their allergies get bad?

mona_b
October 29th, 2005, 09:48 AM
You STOP that!! Right now!:p

I can't...... :p

We know you are a great Mommy....And you always say"2 is better then one.... :D :p

What's the point of getting a cat when you have allergies? It is completely irresponsible to adopt an animal you know is going to create health problems for your father (and you) and that you may have to get rid of in the future. Do you know how difficult it is to rehome a cat?

I sooooo agree with this.

Lucky Rescue
October 29th, 2005, 10:56 AM
And you always say"2 is better then one
I already have 2, and dont' really want three......hey, do you want one??:p

mona_b
October 29th, 2005, 11:45 AM
hey, do you want one??:p

Do you want a roomate?...Cause my butt would be out the door and I would need a place to live..... :p

But seriously LR,I do understand you just wanting two...Two is my limit.... :)

CyberKitten
October 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Oh Lucky, I think Fluffy would be puuurfect for both you and your feral mama!! She is just so YOU!!!! I'll kep my fingers crossed you make the right decision. :thumbs up :fingerscr

Honestly, I don't know how you do it!! So many kittens - I'd have more of them here!

Lucky Rescue
October 29th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Two is my limit....

ZERO is my limit, so I'm already two over!!:p

So many kittens - I'd have more of them here!

I know. Out the 30+ cats/kittens I've fostered, there were many I wanted to keep.

HOwever after seeing and dealing with people who did this, and now have 15 - 20 cats they cannot support, I have to be very strict with myself!

I"m sure you can imagine how hard it was to give up these two:

pet_lover2300
October 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM

Yes i do know how hard it is to rehome a cat. Yet, what you probably mis-took as my allergies is that its not like on TV where you are sneezing every five seconds.

It's not serious just stuffy nose and red eyes. Yet very fair. I apriciate your concerne but trust me its not bad enough that i would hurt the cat in anyway because it may have been casing a reaction.

:thumbs up

jiorji
November 1st, 2005, 12:00 AM
How about "Poopy Butt"??

haha I like that name lol

Thinking of changing Twiggy's name to Vomit Breath :yuck:

Lucky Rescue
November 2nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Got a very nice sounding lady, supposedly coming this weekend and she wants to adopt both of the healthy kittens! :fingerscr

chico2
November 2nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Good stuff!!and the little sicky will stay where she belongs :thumbs up and hopefully recover.
I know you,like me,always wanted a longhaired cat,but always somehow ended up with shorties,so there you go :D

Lucky Rescue
November 2nd, 2005, 05:56 PM
I know you,like me,always wanted a longhaired cat,but always somehow ended up with shorties,so there you go

I wanted a long haired cat??:p NO! I had one long hair in my life and swore I'd never have another...well, I didn't want any at all, but that's another story.:(

Shaykeija
November 3rd, 2005, 12:55 AM
:p So What's your new kitttens name? Just one more fur ball to love and dote on.

chico2
November 3rd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Oh well,I was wrong :D I thought you did!
I think longhaired cats are soooo beautiful,but I also know the problems...leftover poop,matting etc..
But this little girl was made for you :love:

CyberKitten
November 6th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Well personally Lucky - you KNOW I could never have given these two up!!! And if anything (God forbid! ever happens to owner, let me know!!

Lucky Rescue
November 6th, 2005, 05:28 PM
CK, you don't know how hard it was to give up those Siamese beauties...

Anyway, these two are still looking for a home!

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Why only 2?

Lucky Rescue
November 6th, 2005, 05:41 PM
The 3rd is not well enough to go, unless it's to someone who can feed her every few hours - by force if necessary - and make sure she's hydrated and give meds.:(

CyberKitten
November 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Awwww, poor little girl - but she IS lucky that you are there for her Lucky. You are her :angel: They are all so adorable!!!

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Unbelievably lucky to have found her way to you.:grouphug:

kayla
November 7th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I have to stop looking at the rescue forums. All these ktties are just waaaay to cute for words! If only I was more settled... :( Maybe next year ;) :D

Lucky Rescue
November 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM
It looks like my two healthy babies are being adopted today!!

Let me know when you want one Kayla.;)

CyberKitten
November 7th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Ohh, how wonderful for them!!! :highfive:

chico2
November 7th, 2005, 03:22 PM
That's great news!!
Little "Fluffy"looks so sweet,I just want to pick her up and keep her safe...but I also know,she is in the best place she could ever be and I hope she gets better:love:

Lucky Rescue
November 7th, 2005, 04:40 PM
The "Terrible Twins" are gone. The lady was late since she had to stop and buy a carful of kitty food, toys, treats, beds..etc.:) They have truly gone from rags to riches.

But poor little fluffy is alone now.:(

Lucky Rescue
November 7th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Fluffy is alone no longer. I just couldn't stand it so went and got "Autumn". It was a happy reunion of mom and baby.:o

http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2044454/118023966.jpg

poodletalk
November 7th, 2005, 07:12 PM
What a precious picture Lucky! I hope you keep the mother cat!!!

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Awwww. Lucky, you're the best.:)

CyberKitten
November 7th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww!!! What a great picture - I love it!!!!

badger
November 7th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Does Autumn have any milk left? She looks pretty exhausted.

Lucky Rescue
November 7th, 2005, 09:32 PM
She looks fantastic compared to the way she looked when she came from the crackheads. She was 4 lbs and emaciated after having 8 litters of kittens.

She's been spayed and has no milk left. She is just the sweetest cat in the world and we're hoping to get her a great home (but not mine!!) :p

chico2
November 7th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Aww Lucky,what can I say....you are just the best:grouphug:
After seeing the pic,I can now try to squeeze into my bed between,Rocky,Chico and Vinnie and have sweet dreams:love:

Lucky Rescue
November 7th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I can now try to squeeze into my bed between,Rocky,Chico and Vinnie and have sweet dreams

Doesn't sound like there's much room left for hubby!!:D

chico2
November 8th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Well,when hubby comes in Vinnie and Chico move,but Rocky stays put in what he thinks is his rightful spot:D