Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

By the way, here's Jesse...

jesse's mommy
October 25th, 2005, 11:57 PM
As a new member, I thought I would introduce everyone to my baby -- my 1 1/2 yr old pit/lab mix. She is the sweetest thing in the world. This is her baby picture. I have more current pictures on the other computer, but I wanted to share this with you now...

Puppyluv
October 25th, 2005, 11:58 PM
:love: :love: :love: What a darling!!!!

april07
October 26th, 2005, 01:14 AM
What a sweetheart!!

jjgeonerd
October 26th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Very cute!! :thumbs up

glasslass
October 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Sweet! She looks like she's trying so hard to be good, but isn't quite sure if she was or not.

jesse's mommy
October 26th, 2005, 02:51 PM
The hardest is when she gives you the "Who me, ears! I didn't do anything wrong!" She is a puppy with a thousand facial expressions and most of the time when you are trying to scold her you end up laughing because she gives you a "Scooby-Dum" expression. She's also very clumsy and doesn't have good depth perception so we've mastered the art of lifting our leg for her to go past you when she's running because the brakes don't always work. She's very comical. :clown:

JessXx
October 26th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Aww how sweet!
I'm all too familiar with that look :D

gottahavepets
October 26th, 2005, 11:28 PM
She's so adorable!

jesse's mommy
October 27th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Here is an updated picture of Jesse. Same look, bigger dog...

jesse's mommy
October 27th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Also, here is Jesse with the kitty we just rescued. We are finding her a good home. Jesse has really taken to her. She treats her like it's her little baby.

And before anyone says anything..... Jesse was very difficult to train for a few months and would not listen to anything or anyone. We even had her at puppy school and it did well for a few weeks, then she just said "I'm doing what I want." At this point we just use the beep from the collar, not the shock. The beep is her "training" sound and she responds well to it. She listens to me pretty well, because I don't let her get away with things, but daddy is a pushover and she will not listen to him at all. So there is an explanation before anyone says anything. It's been a wonderful training tool, but not to be mistaken as and overused thing or abusing item...

Prin
October 27th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Cutie doggie. And yes, some training methods are harsh, but if it's the difference between keeping a doggy for life and not, and if it's only temporary, I don't disagree as much. I know a couple of dogs that are shocked- one could be trained in other ways, and the other is a last resort after baffling a whole bunch of trainers...