Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

eating skunk/other critter feces

MollysMommy
October 25th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Why does Molly sometimes eat skunk/other wild critter feces? She doesn't eat her own, and she doesn't even sniff other dog's feces. Yet there are times when I catch her munching on other critters'? This doesn't make sense to me. And it completely grosses me out. I won't even let her run around my parents' backyard in fear she will roll around in and start eating skunk feces. I know that dogs roll around in certain smells to disguise their own scent, but does this also include eating feces? The only other reason I can fathom is that there is something that those animals are eating that smells really yummy to Molly. Either way, I want it to stop. Or at least I want to know what is making her do this.

Puppyluv
October 25th, 2005, 09:32 PM
You think that's gross, Layla love-love-loves to eat human feces (and there is a tonne of it where we run, because the homeless people just poop on the side of the path.) :yuck:

Why? From what I can tell-it tastes good! It doesn't taste like other dogs so it's not "contaminated" by them. Not to mention that for the skunk poop, they eat a lot of garbage, so just think of the delicacies embedded in those poops..

MollysMommy
October 25th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Oh my goodness...I guess I should be counting my blessings! :eek:

LM1313
October 25th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Ebony will dig up and eat Phantom's cat poop. EW! :yuck: Apparently dogs often like it, just like they like cat food (because it has more protein than dog food.)

~LM~

mafiaprincess
October 26th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Mines all over rabbit poop. Still has good stuff in it she wants..