Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! My dog is sick...

silentspring
October 24th, 2005, 06:56 PM
I have a 4 year old Male Pekingese and I'm not for sure what is wrong with him. He has been whining off and on, and will sometimes arch his back when walking. He is also very sensitive if I try to pick him up. He will also sit in the same place for awhile, and then will move from place to place, trying to get comfortable. He has been doing this since yesterday, and I thought I would see if the symptoms stopped today. I have no clue of what is wrong with him, at first I thought maybe a neighborhood dog was in heat(but I dont think thats the case), or he might be constipated. Any suggestions?

Puppyluv
October 24th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I'm presuming from your comment about heat, that your dog is not neutered.
I would reccomend a vet trip

CyberKitten
October 24th, 2005, 07:19 PM
There are many could be's but I am sure your vet can answer then. I would take him to the vet - it is hard to guess (and that would not be fair to him) based on the info provided. It sounds as though he is in pain or an abdominal problem or... or... I would book an appt with the vet as soon as possible. You don;t want him suffering any longer.

Good luck!

Prin
October 24th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Didn't somebody mention last week about how hip problems show themselves by arched backs because arching tilts the pelvis and that somehow relieves pain? I don't remember exactly... Basically, this doggy needs xrays...

StaceyB
October 24th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I agree, your dog could be in serious pain. Did he take a fall recently.

Dragonfly
October 25th, 2005, 08:07 AM
We are unable to diagnose your dog over the internet. Please take your pet to the vet.