Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weird animal facts True/false

Luvmypit
October 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Its a quiz. BAsically weird animal habits or traits that you have to pick which are true and false. Basically I posted it b/c I thought it was funny they added "do pit bulls have locking jaws?"

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/quiz/quiz.aspx?QuizID=192

Luvmypit
October 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
BUt when you click on pit bull after the quiz it basically calls them agressive.

Screw em.

Prin
October 24th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Yeah, that's pretty bad... What the hey is this about? Aren't encyclopedias supposed to be impartial?

Some breeders have crossed the American Staffordshire terrier with other breeds, especially the English bull terrier, yielding especially aggressive animals that are also called pit bulls.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 24th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I didnt do so well, But in regards to Polar bears. my sons animal encyclopeadia states that that Walruses are one of their natural enemies. I thought that maybe they were referring to a seawolf as a walrus.

Prin
October 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I didn't fall for that one because they actually had canis in the latin name... I don't think there are any species in the same class that differ so greatly in habitat... Too much biology...

Lucky Rescue
October 24th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Some breeders have crossed the American Staffordshire terrier with other breeds, especially the English bull terrier, yielding especially aggressive animals that are also called pit bulls

Not only not impartial, but ignorant and totally inaccurate. :mad: