Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's now been 3 years ago today that my little angel, "Rothy" was last seen!!

rothykitten
October 24th, 2005, 03:16 PM
"Rothy" :pawprint:
Rothy was last seen on the morning of Thursday, October 24, 2002 jumping over the backyard fence and into the field on the other side (he was an outdoor "anytime during the day" and "indoor at night" cat)...here's my baby's picture...wherever he is I hope he is, whether he is still alive or not, I hope he's happy and knows that I love him and miss him more than anything in the world.

Luvmypit
October 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Oh I am so sorry! I hope that one day you can find peace. Worse thing is not knowing. But hope is always alive. People have found animals after years being a part. Good luck and she was a very pretty cat!

JessXx
October 24th, 2005, 08:56 PM
oh, I know how it feels to lose a precious pet...
I hope you find your baby one day

cpietra16
October 25th, 2005, 07:30 AM
I know how you feel. I lost my cat july 11, 2003 and I still contact all the shelters and hope that someday she will show up. I email her poster every 3 months so that her picture is always around. Not knowing how she is is the worst part. I hope that someday you get some sort of closure. I know that is all I want ...good or bad.

rivers
October 25th, 2005, 10:34 AM
I know how you feel too. It is heartbreaking and upsetting.
We too lost our 10 month old kitten in July 2005. She was also an outdoor cat. She never wondered too far, and liked to go down to the river nearby and spend the day there, and come in at night.

The day she went missing, was the same day I had just bought her a new collar and put a locket on it with address details inside. It was late at night when she wanted to go out, usually we don't let her out that late, but she insisted, and so we obliged. She never came back.

We searched for weeks, put posters up, informed animal control and the humane society, and the vets in our area. Nothing. And still nothing to this day. I keep checking with the humane society and animal control.

The worst is waiting those first 3 weeks for someone to pick her up. But people only pick them up when they notice she is starving and so must be a stray. I cried non-stop those first weeks, hoping someone would see her and pick her up.

It has been 3 months now. I have heard so many stories of cats coming back after 3 months. I am still waiting. She is soooo welcome to come back home. And if she doesn't return, I hope she has a nice cosy new home with lots of love.

I have learnt MY lesson though. If she comes back, or if we get another kitty in the distant future, it will be an indoor cat, and if she wants to go out, it will be on a lead! No more jumping over walls and hoping she will return.