Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My prayers answered...baby related

Gripenfelter
October 24th, 2005, 11:19 AM
http://babycage.net/submitmain.php

http://babycage.net/babycage.php

Finally! We can take the puppy to the vet and not have to worry about leaving our newborn at home!

CyberKitten
October 24th, 2005, 11:26 AM
What a great idea, lol The dog can now never worry again about the baby. :D

Rottielover
October 24th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I really hope that is a joke website. I put my daughter in the cage for a pic, BUT never ever thought someone would try to market it....That's just sick, and demented

Gripenfelter
October 24th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty sure its a joke. Check out the "teenager cage". :p

Otherwise, here are some more humane items:

http://babycage.net/access.php :crazy:

Rottielover
October 24th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I know quite a few people who use the leash. To be honest it is a great device when you are in a crowded area. That one I would think about using

Luvmypit
October 24th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I can see it now, your baby on a leash and your dog walking leash free beside you. Ha what a funny pic...

Then you get to the baby park and you let your baby go (aka the sandbox)

Puppyluv
October 24th, 2005, 06:05 PM
When I was 5-6 my dad took a 9 month sabatical, and we travelled the world. I was on a leash in every airport, because apparantly I would run away every chance I got. The leashes are practical under certain situations.
The cages.. oh my :rolleyes:

doggy lover
October 24th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Where is the husband cage? I think it would be a great idea, at least you know where they are.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 24th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Gee what a great idea :D Much safer than a crib or a playpen where baby can climb out and hit their little noggin. I think cribs should be outlawed and babycrates should be sold in place. Just like they outlawed the walker with the wheels.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 24th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Actuaaly I had a baby harness because my oldest was a runner. I could never sit still for one second when we were at the park . He would head straight for the duck pond. I tired the harness he promptly sat and refused to move when it was on. I still have it but never did use it.

Prin
October 24th, 2005, 09:25 PM
My mom has a leash for my sister... She was a runner too... It was funny- like a phone cord and when my sister would get to the end, she'd spring back really quick...

I like this absorption pad for $5... I have some here that I could let go for $2 each sheet..
http://babycage.net/new.php

doggy lover
October 24th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Put them on e-bay I' sure you'd get offers. lol

StaceyB
October 24th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Sure it is a funny joke but I am a little disgusted by the pit comment, joke or not.

Prin
October 24th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Pit comment? I missed that...

Prin
October 24th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Oh, really, don't read their message board. It's unbelievably offensive. Seriously. No mods there at all.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Actaully I clicked on the message board on that site its actually really disgusting. IT may be a joke but I did find the comments seriously disturbing.

Sad thing is that people have actually done this to their kids for real. :sad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Baby Cages keep me safe from my pit bull puppy doggy

thats the comment Stacey B was referring too.

StaceyB
October 24th, 2005, 10:00 PM
yup, that's the one. I didn't go into the message boards.

doggy lover
October 25th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry I looked into the message board, if they are not joking, there are very sick people in there. :evil:

melanie
October 25th, 2005, 05:03 PM
even fi they are joking their totally sick, i jsut went and had a look, and sorry but i dont find jokes of going round for round on a baby (and thats the nice stuff), thats jsut sick and i certainly would not want any one of those ppl within throuwing distance of my kids i assure you.

theres funny, and then there is jsut down right socially screwed up not funny stuff at all.

but the cages are funny...... but a husband size would be very useful indeed... :D

Roxy's_MA
October 25th, 2005, 05:24 PM
People may think this is funny, until next time they hear on the news about some psycho who actually puts their kids in cages. Basically it is making a joke out of child abuse. And there is always the idiot that would take something like this seriously.

CyberKitten
October 25th, 2005, 11:04 PM
I thought this was a joke site? It's not??? In that case, the parents should be reported for neglect - I assumed it was in good fun; that they had snapped a photo when a child happened to play in the dog's "crate",etc? I won't bother to read the message board - not enuf time in the day to waste on that garbage. As for harnesses for kids, they have always been controversial. The mother of one of my best friends - a guy - used to have him on one when he was a tiny toddler and she went shopping. (Or so my mom tells me) and while I rarely see a child with one, I find myself shocked at some visceral level when I do. It does not seem healthy - and I find myself wondering if it would affect a child's behaviour and future development.

That said, I have occasionally (it is not as common here as it seems to be in England) seen children in harnesses in places like Disney, shopping malls
and wlaces where large numbers of ppl gather (parades, festivals and the like). And in those melieus, given the sad fact that in our society, horrible people do even worse and unspeakable things to small children, and it takes all of several seconds to lose a child in a store, it seems not such a bad idea. It's either that or leave them home, place them in a stroller or have another adult or teenager whose focus is on the child to be with you.

As for my freind - who spent an inordinate amount of time in one of those things. A law school grad, he is now a highly Provincial Court Judge.

shannonRN
October 25th, 2005, 11:35 PM
You know, when I first opened that page and took a glance at it, it made me chuckle and reminded me of the picture I took of my nephew at about age 2 when he climbed into the kennel with his lab puppy, Molson. It is such a priceless photo, one that I really treasure.

I think that a 'humor' site can get started from some little incident like that, but now I just conjure up images of people locking their children into cages so they can take photos of them to submit, and even worse, that they use cages to confine their kids. To my core, I hope that no one would actually cage their children... but then I think of mothers being arrested for transporting their children in the trunk of the car, and I'm not so sure.

Roxy's_MA
October 26th, 2005, 09:51 AM
There was a case in the news a few weeks ago about a couple who caged their foster children. Most of the kids that were locked up had special needs.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/09/12/caged.children/

I have read in other articles that the kids slept in the cages and were put there as punishment.

melanie
October 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
i had a lead as a child (i would take off the minute it was removed and run away :D ), and god dam in really surprised that i dont have one now, no really im so uncontrolable :D i actually went to a concert once and was tied up to a friend, my friends were worried i would get a bit excited and loose them as i had in the past, see they do have uses.

and i have actually started looking for a wrist one, if this kid is anything like me i will surley need it. we breed wall bouncers in this family so restraints are a necessity :D .

but that site is no good, funny pics but no good. but i can laugh, i am not a child abuser and if i found one i would kill them , so i dont think to laugh at what a person deliberatly put up as funny and not abusive is any crime. its jsut a laugh