Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

just thought I should say Hi

cpietra16
October 23rd, 2005, 10:06 PM
Hi, I visit this site almost everyday, but I never introduced myself. I came across this site in July 2003 when my husband accidently lost one of my babies while he was moving us from Vancouver Island to Montreal. I placed her on the lost and found forum and I have been checking in ever since. I have 4 cats and a dog.
Nicki, 9 years old and a rescue from the jungles of British Columbia; Crunchie, a cat that I had been asked to babysit...10 years ago; Misty,10 years old but is missing; Tess, 2-4 years old, a cat I fell in love with when I saw her on the SPCA web site and thanks to the people on this site, especially Canine14, rescued her and is now one of our family member, and Winnie, my yellow lab who has the body of a lab but the mind of a miniature poodle. She really feels that she needs breed reassignment.
My husband and I lived in BC for 17 years and our jobs always brought us to isolated communities. Before my 3 human kids came along I rescued sick cats and dogs in and around the village and found homes for them in different communities. But my favorite part was befriending ferral cats , which took many many months. When they trusted me enough to get close I captured them, spayed/neutured them and released them back to the wild. I believe my vet is still on one of the many holidays that I paid for. I now live in Pointe Claire and trying to adjust to the speed of life and highway 40 :eek: My cats have become indoor cats to their complete disappointments :mad: But I think I trusted the cougars of BC way more than the drivers of Montreal. Winnie no longer has the beach and is trying to adjust being on a leash...something she never had to do before. But all in all I think as long as they have all the comforts of home they will be ok.

Prin
October 24th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Hey, if you've been here this long, where are the pics!? :D You know we like pics...

Should I say, "welcome to the board", or is it wayyy too late?

cpietra16
October 24th, 2005, 06:57 AM
This is Nicki...she rules everyone

cpietra16
October 24th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Sorry, but I can't seem to put on more tham one picture at a time...this Crunchie...as long as she gets food,and her portions don't change, she welcomes everyone to the family...

cpietra16
October 24th, 2005, 07:01 AM
this is Tess our new addition...

cpietra16
October 24th, 2005, 07:10 AM
THis is Winnie..

cpietra16
October 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM
This is Nicki cutting into the photo shoot....

cpietra16
October 24th, 2005, 07:21 AM
and last but never forgotten...Misty who decided to take a little adventure..and is missing right now