Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Loss of bladder control

BeagleMum
October 22nd, 2005, 05:42 PM
Spencer, my 11 month old male beagle, seems to be having a bit of a loss of bladder control. This just started today. Twice when he was on my bed, when he went to sit or lay down, a little bit of pee squeaked out. It is more than just a few drops. It seems to be normal color in case that makes any difference.

Do you know what this could be caused from?

I am planning to keep an eye on him and take him to the vet on Monday if it hasn't stopped (there are no vets open near me on Sundays) but I am just curious what it could be? I was thinking maybe UTI but I though that there was usually blood that came along with that.

Lucky Rescue
October 22nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
There is not always blood in the early stages of UTIs. How long is he alone each day, and has to "hold it"?
Leaking or sudden loss of bladder control,which can be caused by UTI, bladder stones or other things, should always be checked out by the vet.

Sadly, I'm becoming an expert on this subject. :sad:

jawert1
October 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
You and me both LR, Grover, you'll want to get him at least checked by a vet to make sure he isn't starting a UTI or bladder infection. Incontinence is both awful for those who clean up and for our beloved fuzzies that are experiencing it. A urinalysis will determine if he's got an infection or if there's something else going on (urine color isn't always an indicator). Best of luck and please keep us posted on his recovery :)

:pawprint:

BeagleMum
October 23rd, 2005, 10:29 AM
As of the last time that I posted, it hasn't happened again.

Spencer is usually home while we are at work for about 9 hours during the day and most days can hold it. I will be getting him checked out this week when I take Sydney to the vet so I will keep you updated.