Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Small Beagle

shinkamikubo
October 22nd, 2005, 12:23 AM
We lost 13inch small female beagle named Lexie in Bathurst & Dupont/Vermont Square Park area in the afternoon of October 21st 2005. She is tri-color:Black, Brown, and white and not wearing any collor or tag. She is 4 years old but looks and behaves like a puppy, and so friendly and jumps on you. Please contact us if you saw her or have any information. My wife and daughter can't stop crying. Please help us!

Beaglemom
October 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
If you haven't already, call your local animal control, humane society and dog pounds. Visit them as well as she may have been picked up. Give them a copy of a recent picture with all your contact information on it. Check them every few days.

Also, check your local vet clinics and ask if you can post a lost dog report on their bulletin board. Most will do this for you. Make up flyers and post them in your area. Submit them to pet stores, vet clinics, dog shelters, animal control, humane societies, groomers, etc.

A beagle can go quite far when following their loses and they can easily get lost. They have very good stamina and it is not uncommon for them to travel miles away from home. Broaden your search, don't just stay within your neighbourhood.

Good luck on your search, I hope you find her soon. I can imagine how you and your family feel, I would be devastated if my dog went missing.

shinkamikubo
November 2nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
We found our dog, Lexie,! Two very nice collage students living 2 blocks from our home saved her. Thank you so much for your advice, Beaglemom!

Beaglemom
November 2nd, 2005, 12:01 PM
I'm so happy to hear the great news! I'm glad that Lexie is back home with her family, where she belongs. May I suggest that you keep identification on her at all times and please do consider getting her microchipped if you haven't already. Beagles are prone to wandering and I know mine is a great escape artist!

Once again, I'm very happy to hear the good news. I've been wondering and am glad that you updated us and let us all know the wonderful news.

CyberKitten
November 2nd, 2005, 02:01 PM
What great news!! How did they find her? Sounds like a great story with a VERY happy ending!