Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi Everyone

catsnatcher-CDN
October 20th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Hi everyone

I thought I'd introduce myself since my temporary research on this site has become part of my daily routine.

I live in MTL, Quebec. I am an artist (painter) and writer and have a degree in psychology that serves as wall decoration foremost.

I live with one husband, one dog and three cats all of which have been rescues of some sort of peril! ;)

Max the dog is half doberman pointer and half crazy. He's from the SPCA and is my first dog. He has just too many issues to list here.

Chinchilla the cat hates people but loves dogs...much like most of us? Smart cat, if you ask me. We found him under the balcony 3 years ago sick with eveything you don't want a cat to have.

Kibo the other cat was part of a 2/wk old litter we found in a garbage bag at the parc. We nursed him and his 4 friends back to health. He was adopted out along with the rest but was returned due to allergies. Having been hand fed, he's a purring machine and has no instinctual fear which makes for a very clumsy and entertaining kitty.

Dora, the last cat was found poisoned in my neighborhood at 2 wks old. We dropped her in the same litter as Kibo and nursed her back to health. She is also very affectionate but is as scared as scaredy cats go, walking around my hallways like she's dodging bullets.

Though I am not a rescue, in the last 3 years, i have cleaned up my neighborhood of over 50 kittens and feral cats by Trap/Neuter/Release or fostering them, taming them and adopting them out. No, I don't have any money left. No, I don't have a lot of free time. No, I'm not an expert on cats. I don't do this because I enjoy it but because their neglectful situation in our city keeps me up at night. I have 5 cats left and they have proved to be the most challenging to house (even though they have been themost approachable) because they are 2 years old and considered old and they are running out of time because I will be moving soon.

That's it... sorry it's long. I wasn't sure how much to tell :crazy:

jessi76
October 20th, 2005, 10:08 AM
welcome!

It's always nice to have another member as dedicated as you are.

btw, that wasn't long, it was a lovely introduction! again, welcome to the board!

Prin
October 20th, 2005, 02:51 PM
It was a great intro. :) Like it or not, you are these kitties saviour. Not too many people take in kitties like that. :highfive: