Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Odin got stuck in our blankets!

raingirl
October 20th, 2005, 09:00 AM
We have started letting Odin sleep with us in bed. We are making it "random" so that he doesn't always expect it. We let him nap outside our door and relax while we read and relax ourselves, and then sometimes we let him in, sometimes we dont.

Anyway, so last night was my b-day so we let him sleep with us. We turned out the lights and he was doing his "nesting" thing with the blankets at the end of the bed. All of the sudden he starts whining and we are like "what the heck". Turns out he had somehow got under our duvet cover (you know, the ones that are like GIANT pillow cases you put over your duvet). Ours is from ikea and has a large hole at the bottom. Somehow he got in, but couldn't get out. So, we finally dig him out, and he is fine. Lights go back out.

Next thing you know he starts whining again, so we put the lights back on, and somehow he got his head only stuck and twisted under the duvet cover again!! Silly dog. We get him out, and then for the rest of the night he is afraid of the blankets. he usually sleeps at our feet, but instead he came up and slept beside my BF, with his head on my BF's chest.

what a crazy dog!

Prin
October 20th, 2005, 02:41 PM
LOL That's hilarious. :D

CyberKitten
October 20th, 2005, 08:16 PM
That is funny, poor Odin, lol

YY has a habit of curling up in the morning and laying right next to my chest underneath the covers. Now, if she can't get inside somewhow, she will meow till I lift the blankets. When she slept with my parents one nite while I was away, my mom told me she could not figure out what YY wanted. She finally determined she could not burrow her way under the covers to lay ext to the warm bodies, lol

raingirl
October 21st, 2005, 12:03 PM
What was funny is that I've never seen him scared like that before.

Odin isn't an under the blanket type of guy. Too warm i guess. Although I feel bad when he sleeps because if you pet him, his ears get cold!