Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How's Princess Chloe LR??

sammiec
October 19th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Briggs is anxious to hear how Chloe is doing! I hope she's getting back to her wonderful charming self?!

Lucky Rescue
October 19th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Awwww, thanks for asking! She breezed through the surgery itself with no problems, but now she is incontinent!! When she's in her bed(s) she is leaking urine and has no knowledge of it.

I spoke with her vet and she has never heard of this resulting from the surgery she had...sigh...

I'm taking her to get her stitches out next Monday, so we'll discuss it then, since she is also drinking too much.

I'm exhausted from the constant laundry, but Chloe is confused and upset at seeing pee in her bed all the time, and not knowing how it got there. :confused:

poodletalk
October 19th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Why did your dog have surgery lucky?

sammiec
October 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Awww the poor girl!!! *hugs Chloe!!*

I hope they're able to help her! That's sooo sad, and I bet she feels bad because she's doing it and not even realizing it!!! :(

I wanna cuddle her soo bad! What a sweetie!

Lucky Rescue
October 19th, 2005, 07:58 PM
poodletalk, Chloe had surgery to remove a huge stone in her bladder.

I have to be careful not to let her see me picking up her wet blankets or getting frustrated, since then she gets all submissive and upset.
Oh well, I needed to throw out that old sofa anyway. :rolleyes:

Do they make Depens for dogs? :p

Prin
October 19th, 2005, 08:21 PM
You don't think at all that it could be hormone related? Maybe they just coincided... Unless she's leaking all the time?

Lucky Rescue
October 19th, 2005, 08:49 PM
You don't think at all that it could be hormone related? Maybe they just coincided...

Yes, I did think of spay incontinence. It would be quite a coincidence that it started just after her surgery, but stranger things have happened!

But even that doesn't explain why she is drinking so much water or why her pee is so diluted. I fear kidney problems and hope I get an answer soon!

Toonces
October 20th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Lucky our girl Brandy had the same sugrery, her stone was golf ball size, she is incontient as well but before the operation she would just have a drip here and there and after taking meds for it she had stopped for a few years, after the surgery she would just gush huge amounts it was so alarming, they uped her stilbesterol to one pill every 5 days and now after 2 weeks knock on wood nothing. I understand about the laundry holy cow there was tons thats why I was thinking of ordering her that sleepee time bed.

My girl does not drink like yours tho so they were able to rule out everything else. I hope Chloe is ok :grouphug:

Speedy's Mom
October 20th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Actually petsmart does have "Depends" for dogs. If you are interested they are called "PoochPants Diapers for Dogs". What is great about these are they are machine washable so you can use them over and over again without spending a fortune in diapers. Here is some more information on them from the Petsmart web site:

No inserts needed, absorbent material built-in.
Reusable and washable - guaranteed for 300 washes.
A PoochPant will absorb one full void of urine from your dog.
Controls odors with permanent, non-toxic Microfine anti-microbial fibers.
Protects dog's skin from urine.
Comfortable and leak-proof.
Opening for tail.
Adjustable VelcroŽ straps on either side of pants.
For an older dog with partial incontinence, a PoochPant may be worn for an entire day.

I hope this helps and also hope Chole gets feeling better.

Copper'sMom
October 20th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Oh gosh LR!! Poor Chloe!!!! :grouphug: I hope they find the real problem soon so they can fix her up!! Poor girl!! It must be so frustrating and worrisome for you too! :grouphug: I'm so sorry!

coppperbelle
October 20th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Poor little girl. She must be so distraught about soiling her bedding. I can only imagine how humiliated she would be if you put a puppy pampers on her. :(

Lucky Rescue
October 20th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. I may have to resort to the puppy Pampers, since this is pretty unbearable for both of us!:(

Poor Chloe is one sad little girl, very embarassed at her "disgrace" but I know she appreciates the support here!

BoxerRescueMTL
October 20th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Oh Lucky, tell Chloe that Vegas and Olive wish her a speedy recovery.

And call me crazy but I know a TONNE of people who swear by this remedy for incontinence: adding a tablespoon or two of fresh chopped parsley to your dog's food every day. Doesn't cure all cases, but is probably effective for about 75% of dogs, so certainly worth a shot. Let me know! :grouphug:

Copper'sMom
November 23rd, 2005, 10:54 AM
LR, How's Princess Chloe doing these days? Did the vets find anything in regards to her incontinence? What about her increased thirst??

I hope she's doing better, poor girl!:grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
November 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM
I hate to tempt fate, but Chloe's excessive drinking, dilute urine and bedwetting all stopped as suddenly as they started!!

I called my vet and she was very puzzled, but said if it ain't broke, don't fix it so cancelled her further tests.

Thanks for the concern! Chloe is feeling just great and is so much happier with no more wet bed!:D

"No more peepee in my bed!!! I"m so happy! Yay!!!!"

Rottielover
November 23rd, 2005, 01:06 PM
now how cute is that, LOL. She is precious, and I am happy to hear all is well with miss princess

Copper'sMom
November 23rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
Oh very good to hear!!!!! I am so glad she's doing well!:grouphug: What a doll!!:angel:

Toonces
November 23rd, 2005, 02:26 PM
Awww just look at her in all her glory, what a cutie pie!

Prin
November 23rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
What a cute belly! I'm glad all is well.:)

jawert1
November 23rd, 2005, 11:10 PM
LOVE that pic LR, glad she's back to her normal :D

glasslass
November 24th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I totally missed this thread before. I was feeling so sorry for Chloe. Then I ended up just in giggles when I saw that last photo. Love it!

Lucky Rescue
November 24th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Hehe..yeah, she a little nut..umm...I mean a BIG nut! It's so nice to see her back to her ol' nutty self!:p

"Yippee!!"