Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A History of Violence - 2005

marko
October 19th, 2005, 09:06 AM
This is quite a good film but people should be warned that it has a dark feel and moves slowly. Steadily but slowly. I'd give it a 7/10
Good performances by Ed Harris and Viggo Mortenson GREAT short performance by William Hurt.

Cronenberg has developed a particular style of directing and many people either like it or don't.

I remember I saw Crash (1996) and it had a similar dark feel, slow pace and incredibly weird subject matter....but I LOVED it.
Actually I only loved the first half because my wife could not deal with the film and she made us walk out.

Roxy's_MA
October 19th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I'm intrigued by the History of Violence movie. I'll have to check it out!

Is Crash (1996) the one where they crash cars?

marko
October 19th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Is Crash (1996) the one where they crash cars?

Uh yeah...but they are also hmmm, well, 'fooling around' nudge nudge wink wink WHILE crashing the cars.

Truly weird but very interesting - at least the first half before I got dragged out of the theater midfilm.

Roxy's_MA
October 19th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Yes, I have seen that one, they do "other stuff" before they crash the cars.

Agent Jazz
November 4th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Oh I loved History of Violence!!! I liked some of Cronenburg's stuff, not all. Crash was abit weird but History of Violence was the most mainstream I ever seen Cronenburg do.

I actually got the pleasure of meeting Cronenburg, Mortensen and the rest of the cast during the film festival. It was fabulous.

The movie was great, I enjoyed it and I thought everyone put in some great performances.