Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

stray needs home, wish I was in Canada so you good folks could help

dmc123
October 18th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Although I am not in Canada, and I know not all that post here are, right now I wish I were, so you could help me with a stray that came to my neighborhood.

He is not over a year old, and a really pretty boy. I think he is fixed and was taken care of, but someone must have dropped him off to fend for his own.

Last Thursday or Friday he came to my street, and we thought he was a neighbor's...so the guy across the street hooked him to a rope on his porch. The neighbor never came home. Well, after 4 days, the neighbor came back, it wasn't his dog...he had moved and was renting the house he was in. This dog did look like his, he admitted, but his was female and home with him.

The neighbor got tired of him quickly, they left chair pillows out and he destroyed them...he was bored. He quit feeding him and watering him, that I could see.

Anyway, if I didn't have two dogs and 4 cats, I would love to take in this guy, but I just cannot. I have tried to call our "new" animal outreach folks, those that foster until adoptions, but they are quite new and so far haven't spoken to anyone that can help.

I will keep on trying, and take care of this guy as best as I can. He is outside, on a chain (I hate it, because he wants in), has food and water and a barrel he can lay in......

In the meantime, if anyone near North Carolina knows how to help or who I could call, that would be great.

Diane

doggirl
October 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Would you be able to foster the dog, if you were getting help in his placement? What breed(s) do you think he could be?

dmc123
October 19th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I can't foster him for a long time, he wants in...I have two other dogs and 3 cats inside. I am trying to find him a home.

I think he is part golden/yellow lab and ???

Diane

lezzpezz
October 19th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Please try contacting someone on this site:

http://www.creatures.com/NC.html

It has a listing for pet rescue organizations in your area. Certainly someone in one of these groups can come and get this poor fellow.....

Let us know! And thank you for voicing your affection for Canada! :ca: That is very heartwarming :love: