Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any idea of this puppy's breed?

toymom
October 18th, 2005, 07:48 PM
This is Misty. She is about 8 weeks old. She was a stray.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/dbjorn/marysdog035.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/dbjorn/marysdog032.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/dbjorn/marysdog034.jpg
She has had her first puppy shots and had deworming medicine yesterday - gross!

Prin
October 18th, 2005, 08:26 PM
She's a cutie! I'd say beagle mixed with something... I think you'll have to wait for her to stop growing before you guess. They morph so much before they're done. :rolleyes:

shannonRN
October 19th, 2005, 02:54 AM
I'd have to say St Bernard probably.

:D Just kidding...I have to agree with Prin, on all points. All puppies look pretty much the same at birth, and only slowly take on their adult characteristics....but I'd have to say she looks a bit beagle-ish. And damn cute, too.

jawert1
October 19th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Wow what a CUTIE!!! Congrats on her finding you :) She looks like a hunting dog but beyond that it's anyone's guess till she gets older like Prin and Shannon said

Trinitie
October 19th, 2005, 04:02 PM
She looks so much like my Ruby!!!

My little girl is a (supposed) Golden X Husky. But I think she looks like she's got Shepherd in her.

PetFriendly
October 19th, 2005, 04:05 PM
I've never seen an 8 week old beagle, but isn't this one a little too big?

She's darn cute though...

My fall back is usually GSD mix for bigger mixes, but maybe husky, pointer, mal, ? Her colours might change, so that might give you a better idea

mastifflover
October 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Who cares, Misty is too cute. I am so jealous you get to live with that puppy smell, I love the way pups smell. But I would say maybe a hound mix

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 19th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I am going to venture to guess that maybe there is a little bernese mountain dog in there somewhere too. :D

mona_b
October 19th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Hmmmm,I see JRT in Misty.

I must say,she is a cutie.

Trinitie,any recent full pics of Ruby?

Prin
October 19th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Ya, Mona, there's the belly one in the Photo forum. :)

kayla
October 19th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Those black circles around the eyes are probably a tell tale sign of something, just not sure what. Bernese Mountain Dogs do have black circles, so do collies. I would lean towards collie because it would also explain the red colouring, but who knows. If she's that big at 8 weeks she's definitely got something big in her though! She's adorable!

toymom
October 19th, 2005, 10:58 PM
She is not very big - just 5 lbs at the vet on Monday, although I swear she has grown since we got her Sat. She is about half the size of my neighbor's black lab male puppy who is the same age. She looks a bit like the Australian Cattle dog or Australian Shephard, I think. She is fun. :)

Beaglemom
October 20th, 2005, 08:01 AM
She is absolutely adorable, regardless of what breed she is. I don't really see the beagle in her. If you like I can post a picture of my beagle, who is also named Misty, when she was 8 weeks old. I would have to scan it though and would only be able to do it tomorrow.

doggy lover
October 20th, 2005, 08:06 AM
I think her feet are too small for a BMD, they have BIG feet as pups, what ever she is she is a cutie. It is so hard to tell with some crosses.