Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stolen Kitten Pascagoula Ms Could Be In Florida (anita's Kitten)

Luba
October 18th, 2005, 03:56 PM
HOW SAD! THIS IS PAGS (ANITA'S KITTEN) OUR FRIEND FROM THIS BOARD, WHO SURVIVED AND IS REBUILDING FROM HURRICANE KATRINA. THIS KITTEN AND IT'S LITTERMATES ARE SURVIVORS AS WELL!

STOLEN MALE KITTEN
NOT FULLY WEANED
BLACK WITH GREY STRIPES
LONG FUR
WHITE TIP ON CHIN AND FEET
ROUNDED EARS
FUZZY HAIR ON EARS AND FACE AND TAIL
VERY PRETTY MARKINGS, WOULD BE 9.5 WEEKS OLD 'NOW'
stolenkitten@hotmail.com

***TAKEN ON OCTOBER 9TH FROM ANITA'S HOME IN PASCAGOULA MISSISSIPPI**
*KITTEN MAY BE IN THE PENSACOLA AREA OF FLORIDA NOW with someone who may own or have a friend who owns a white BMW Sedan*

*WAITING FOR UPDATED PICTURE OF KITTEN*

A man described as white possible 30's grabbed the kitten and ran to a waiting vehicle where another white male was driving & took off.

Car is described as:
White BMW, early model (atleast 2000)
4 door sedan with FLORIDA plates
2 White male occupants!

*The day previous their roof was tarped by contractors working for the 'blue roof' project. They said they were the 'last' house they had to do and were leaving the next day for PENSACOLA FLORIDA!!*

These men who stole the kitten MAY be from this group of contractors.
Please spread the news and information.

Anita was having her morning coffee with the kittens and mama cat and her puppy Judge out on the patio (well whats left of it). She went indoors to get a refill of coffee. Her husband Dave saw someone approach the yard, he ran downstairs but it was too late.

It's my belief that these individuals will probably try to pass this kitten off as a stray and unwanted survivor of the hurricane, rather then the reality of it being someones kitten that was STOLEN!!!

This was reported to the local police in Pascagoula.

WHITE BMW SEDAN WITH FLORIDA PLATES and these folks were RECENTLY IN PASCAGOULA MISSISSIPPI PLEASE CONTACT ME BY EMAIL DO NOT APPROACH OR WARN THESE INDIVIDUALS. PLEASE RECORD THE LICENCE PLATE!

stolenkitten@hotmail.com
Permission to crosspost this EVERYWHERE!!

Luba
October 18th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Poster For Printing

CyberKitten
October 18th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Gawd, what people won't do!!! So much for humanity!!

Luba
October 19th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Do we have any Florida members that can spread the word out that way?
Perhaps contact some local newspaper/s? Please?? Or even contact some vet clinics and animal hospitals, put up some posters at pet supply stores!!

The Thomer family would so appreciate your assistance. They just want him back home!!

Thank you

Luba
October 22nd, 2005, 07:17 PM
Still looking for any members in Florida to give some assistance in spreading the word?

Anybody out there???

Prin
October 22nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
The only member from Florida that I know of is Karin and she hasn't been back in a really, really long time...

CyberKitten
October 22nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Most Florida newspapers are online - the St. Pete's Times isone of the largest, also the Orlando Sentinal - I can't recall the names of the Miami papers or Jacksonville. Can the family track down the contractor? If they have the name of the company that did the contracting, they should contacthem directly and confront them - it's not like these contractors are local which I think is part of the problem. And if not, whoever authorized them - of it was paid for by the Red Cross or govt, that contractor would have to have a license - their names and contact info could be obtained that way. We certainly could do that with all the family has to cope with.

I worry about someone who would impusively grab a small kitten!

I posted the info on another Board I sometimes frequent and someone claimed I was posting a hoax, sighhhhhhhhhhh!! THEN, they demanded to know why a kitten was not weaned at 9 1/2 weeks. I told them to read. Gawd, I think sometimes ppl really need a life!! Grrrr!!

I can give it to my parents but they will be in Fla in mid November. I did email it to a friends in Florida.

The contractor is from Pensacola or that area - acc to the poster. I would concentrate on the newspapers and media in that area - and animal groups. I could ask my secretary to email all of them (I am better at research and writing but I know she would not mind doing the emailing part) - it is actually a good human interest story. Someone from Pag's family should be on the phone with the Fla media now.

Zeroing in on the Pensacola and Panhandle newspapers could zero in on the newspapers in that area. I would also send emails to every Rescue/shelter/SPCA in Florida - you never know, these guys may have been on contact with the law for some reason and the kitten taken. A long shot but worth a try. Pensacola is one of the main cities in the Panhandle - and I believe Karin lives in that area if I am not mistaken.

Ohhhhhhhh, just recalled my uncle in Fort Walton Beach. He is 90 and not well
and not up to looking at his computer but maybe the manager of the condo complex - who seems to know everybody in that area - would help. I will email her.

There are sort of two Florida's really. Ot three, lol The northern and Panhandle part is still very much a part of Dixie and the south. (My parents used to own a condo in Fort Walton but moved to Tampa b/c it is much warmer there). The area has many army locations (also seeminly not unlike southern states which embrace military installation b/c they help the economy and b/c that part of the US tends to send disproportion numbers of men and women to the military - mostly out of financial need I think). Central Florida is all about agriculture (Fla's largest biz) and tourism. Orlando has Disney and Tampa has tourism and also McDill Air Force Base - where the General Command is. It is an area that is growing by leaps and bounds and the economy is booming! Then there is the Miami-Dade area which is tourism but is prob the most diverse part of Fla with its large Cuban population. It's a large state and each area has different needs, politics and issues.

Not sure how all that helps Pags - but I do think a concentrated effort towards the Panhandle newspapers would help. That area has suffered itself from hurricanes (Ft. Walton has had more direct hits than most communities).

LL1
October 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
Poor kitty,how sad.

Luba
October 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
Thanks Prin and CK

Sorry you got negative responses somewhere CK people need to pay a little closer attention if you know what I mean...just ignore the ignorant.

I appreciate all your information.

Pags did inform the contracting company, problem is so many are sub contracted then sub sub contracted if you know what I mean.

I have managed to send out to some radio stations and newspapers in Florida and the information pags couldn't get over the phone I found all of it on line for her. So I emailed the contractors and the national guard who subs out the contracts for doing blue roof.

I too worry about someone like that.

Pags tells me it's like their entire community is just invaded by people...and who knows what type of people they are??

They were very brazen and bold about the situation, afterall pags was right there....I mean RIGHT there when it happened her back was turned for just a moment.

They've been extremely cautious now with the children, the pets and themselves....you just have to be with so many strangers around.

CyberKitten
October 23rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Poor Pags! My heart goes out to her, I cannot imagine how she feels after enduring all that and then loosing a kitten under her nose. I know how it can happen - I was in Lousiana and it was just crazy!! Unfortunately, so many ppl are ready to exploit situations like that. Disasters bring out the best in us but also alas the worst too.

If you tell me which media you have sent to, I don;t mind doing the rest of them. There are many weeklies on the Panhandle that tend to be kept around - ppl look at ads and lists of activities so those things last longer in a home than daily newspapers, or so the editor of a newspaper whose Board I serve on tells me, lol

Luba
October 23rd, 2005, 01:52 PM
Jeepers creepers I sent mesgs to sooo many of them. Many were on line forms you have to fill out so then....ofcourse there is no record in your email.

MOST of what I sent was to contracting companies and to radio stations.

I would love you to send out anything you can CK that would be a blessing and big big help thank you so very very much :grouphug:

pags
October 29th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Hey everybody. We went to Wal-mart tonight to try to get the film we had in our cameras developed - I was hoping there would be a picture of Tommy kitten in there but as I feared we had used all of the film for insurance photos and so on.

Keep your eyes and ears open for us.

We've bought a chain and padlock for our backyard gate - as sad as that is. I have been truly terrified to even let Judge out to do his business in the morning. Fortunately though - the neighborhood has gotten much quieter over the last couple of weeks and the onslaught of out-of-town swindlers and contractors has slacked considerably.

By the way - did I get the age of the kittens wrong? They were born the weekend before the storm so that makes them uhm... about ten weeks old now.. and Tommy was taken October 9th.