Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Late for work

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 18th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Has anyone ever done this?

I wake up at 5am everyday for work. One time I slept in about 3 months ago. So now I have two alarm clocks just in case one doesnt go off just to be safe.

This morning I woke up and it said 6:45. I leaped out of bed in a panic, thinking of that woman I pick was probably standing on the corner since 6am and totally panicking. I started to throw on my clothes as fast as I could.

And then!......I realised wait a minute its my day off. :D Back to bed, but of course I have worked myself up so much there is really no point in going back to sleep.

lezzpezz
October 18th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Yup! So I guess you got up and are now having a productive day?

My day started off lousy....woke up at 3a.m. 'cause Rosie (dog) decided it was HER bed, so off to the other room I go. She needs her beauty rest too! Slept in late as alarm clock is the other room where Rosie was sleeping and I didn't hear it! Flew down the stairs, got a coffee and leashed the dogs only to have my entire large travel mug of coffee pour down my entire body as the lid was not firmly put in place!

Well, I can't sue myself for burning myself with scalding hot coffee, a la McDonald's lawsuit! And I never even got a sip! I was soaked, burned and the air quickly cooled my clothes off and I was then wet and freezing! :p

I was about 10 minutes late for work (again :rolleyes: ) and work with a real jerk who is in a miserable mood on a good day. I did manage to make a coffee here at work, so the day is ironing itself out. Let's hope that it gets better! :o

Dogastrophe
October 18th, 2005, 10:33 AM
ha ha. Glad it's not just me who does silly things like this in the mornings. A while ago I was convinced that my alarm didn't go off. Thinking I was going to be late for work I ran off to the shower. After showering and general morning prep (and wondering why my wife didn't come to the shower when called), I wander back to the bedroom only to find the dogs still asleep, my wife asleep, and 2:30am glowing on the clock ... a full 3 hours and 30 mins before the alarm was set to go off.

lezzpezz
October 18th, 2005, 10:54 AM
What happened there?? Oh boy, you should have looked at the clock a little better! Did you start your day then? or back to bed? Once you get a coffee in you, it's pretty much game over!

raingirl
October 18th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I have sleep walked on a few occasions, and once I woke up in the shower at 3 am!! that was embarrassing.

Luvmypit
October 18th, 2005, 11:19 AM
My boyfriend gets up at 5 am also and then turns on the alarm for my 7:15 am wakeup...
Last Tuesday he didn't put it on. It was 7:59 am when I woke up on my own and my SD had to be woken and at the bus stop for 8:19 am. Ya we never made it and I had to drive her to school. I ofcourse was 15 minutes late and on a day where we have are 9 am meetings and I am to take Minutes.

Needless to say when the boyfriend called I gave him an earful.

Dogatrophe that was the funniest story! And lezzer I would have cursed every word that can possibly considered offensive.

Joey E. I have done this also but tell me how good it feels when you realize you don't have to work. Its like winning a mini lottery!

Dog Dancer
October 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I once did that when we were on holidays, but with a twist. It was the day we were flying home, early, and I had the alarm set in the room rather than a call from the desk. The Alarm went off and I reached over to turn it off and was slapping away at the thing. When I turned it off and looked it was like ten minutes before our flight - a good two hours later than I had set the clock for and we'd never make the flight. I panicked and ran around like a chicken with no head pretending I could still do it (not a chance). Finally when I decided to give up I looked at my watch and it was two hours earlier... Turns out when I tried to turn off the alarm I accidentally changed the time. That was a rough end to our vacation. When we went downstairs to get our cab a black cat walked right past us in the driveway at the hotel. :eek: I wasn't sure about getting on a plane after all of that.

Dogastrophe
October 18th, 2005, 12:03 PM
What happened there?? Oh boy, you should have looked at the clock a little better! Did you start your day then? or back to bed? Once you get a coffee in you, it's pretty much game over!

After silently cursing myself, I got back into bed and stared at the ceiling until the alarm went off. I likely would have been better off staying up. My wife hurt her sides laughing at me so hard.

Prin
October 18th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Never happens to me. I am very very aware of my days off.. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 18th, 2005, 03:13 PM
LeezerpleaserWhat happened there?? Oh boy, you should have looked at the clock a little better! Did you start your day then? or back to bed? Once you get a coffee in you, it's pretty much game over!

yes I did I took Joey to walk 5k to the dog groomer then walked back again, and now I am cleaning the house!

lezzpezz
October 18th, 2005, 03:54 PM
If you don't mind :o

I took the train Winterpeg in January, from London Ont. for my dad's funeral, years ago. On the train ride back, for some reason, the train just about made it all the way into the Toronto train station, only to stop and go in full reverse for about 2 hours! :eek: I was so pizzed off! The train was already delayed for numerous reasons, breakdowns what-have-you...So my 7 p.m. arrival time was actually after midnight!! on a Sunday with a temperature of -40C!

My hubby had to rent a car as ours went kaput for some unknown reason, and he beatled off down the highway in a blizzard to the prebooked hotel room, (we were anticipating bad weather and decided to stay in a hotel for the night and not risk driving), where he thought he'd have a nap, dinner and then come and get me at 7p.m. at the train station. He would have to leave the hotel early, (around 4 or so), to make it through T.O. and the bad weather.

He has his nap, then orders dinner in the pub. He is in the middle of his food and he looks up at the bar clock, spits out his fries, grabs his keys and coat and tears down the 401 to get to the train station! He made it to the station in great time, only to realize that the clock in the bar was wrong! It was an hour ahead as, apparently, the staff forgot to change the clock for daylight savings time back in October!! Hahahahaha!!!! We found this out upon our return to the hotel.....

So he arrives way too early and my train comes in way too late, and nothing, I mean nothing is open in downtown Toronto on a Sunday night during a blizzard at -40C, not even Tim Hortons! He counted the tiles on the floor, I suppose..... :p

Schwinn
October 18th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I have vague memories of sitting up at 5 am, hearing beside me, "You don't work today, doll. Go back to sleep", then lying down again.

I remember a few weeks ago I was dead tired, and I don't know if I forgot to set my alarm, or shut it off without really waking up. At any rate, I get up at 5:15 to hit the gym before work. I woke up, looked at my clock, and it said 7:15. I stared at it, and thought, "Is it Saturday? No, if it was Saturday, I'd have company right now (my parents were coming that weekend). How about Sunday? No, no, it can't be Sunday, because I remember going to work yesterday. So, if it isn't Saturday, and it isn't Sunday, it must be a week day. So that means I should have gotten up a couple of hours ago to catch the train." Dramatic pause, staring lazily at the clock. Suddenly, like a Roger Clemans fastball to the head, it hits me. "CRAP!!!!!" Up I jump and off to the shower...

For some reason, when I sleep in, I always have to reason it through before I decide that, yes, I am late for work.

Puppyluv
October 18th, 2005, 05:23 PM
When I was in highschool I had practice every morning at 5 am. One morning, my alarm went off, I got up (briefly wondered why it was even darker than it usually was at 4 am), got dressed for an outdoor, on water practice in May in Calgary (aka, hypothermia worthy temperatures) ate breakfast, and was just about to drive off to practice, when my dad came running after me in his bathrobe and slippers. In my mind I was going "Yeesh that guy is getting old, he's sleepwalking now!" And pull away from the curb, turn the radio on (thank goodness) and heard the announcer say it was 2:45 am!
It turns out I had had a really restless sleep, and had an alarm clock that only required the push of one button to change the time on the clock,and I had apparantly hit it a few times, thus jumping my clock two hours ahead.
It sucked though, because there was no way I could get back to sleep at that point, so just sat around for two hours.