Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nip/tuck

jiorji
October 17th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Ok...who watches this show??

Since I don't have cable and my entertainment is limitted on cold nights, I've uncontrolably managed to create a special tv bond with a few "drama" shows: The Sopranos, Nip/tuck, Medium, and well The race, which isn't a drama, and sadly more will be added to the list as winter approaches.*cough* I have no life LOL

(first off CTV must REALLY like drama shows cos there's an overflow. And they keep coming!)

ANYWAY.....Who watches Nip/Tuck......can you please explain to me this:

who the heck is that crazy psycho attacker man?? why is he in the show??!
Crazy attacker killers have NOTHING to do with plastic surgery. Maybe I'm missing something here, because of course all tv shows make sense and perhaps I missed that little piece of information..lol

I just find it strange...

Prin
October 17th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I don't watch it, but from the commercials it looks like he "unpretties" people's faces.

Puppyluv
October 17th, 2005, 11:20 PM
I love it!! Love it love it love it! It's so morally corrupt, I mean what other show has a lady secretly mutilate herself so that she can get free plastic surgery, and when the surgeon figures it out, does the surgery without anaesthetic???
As for the crazy attacker guy, I can't explain him, but he provides more opportunities for corruptness, and surgery, and that's the basis of the show :D

april07
October 17th, 2005, 11:30 PM
nip tuck is one of my fav shows to watch.it's totally messed up but great. I can't explain the purposes of the attacker except to add more drama and he only mutilates people with beautiful features. I've been watching since season 1 and last season is when the attacker came into the picture and even mutilated christian face.

jiorji
October 17th, 2005, 11:37 PM
sigh...the mystery!!

it almost makes me think that it was one of those characters they threw in when they lost track of a good story line. ooohhh the anesthetic gone bad part!!

Mind you he;s better than the plot twist in other tv shows *cough* Desperate Housewives.*cough* :D

shannonRN
October 18th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Well, 'the slasher' provided a platform for several episodes in the last season; this season, it seems they are going to toy with the notion that Christian is really the slasher.

Personally, I think nip/tuck is absolute smut with excessive gratuitous sex scenes, but I love the characters and just can't seem to pull myself away from the show. (Is that kind of like saying that one reads Playboy for the articles?) I missed the last season finale, and swore that I wouldn't start watching it again, but alas, I am hooked again this season. Thank god they replay all the episodes late sunday nights or I wouldn't ever be able to watch it, and my husband fills me in on anything I miss.

Stay tuned...

jiorji
October 18th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Personally, I think nip/tuck is absolute smut with excessive gratuitous sex scenes,

what like the one with the transvestite?? .....and then obviously "the beat up"??lol

savannah
October 19th, 2005, 09:41 AM
I love Nip/Tuck, it is my fav show.
The Carver, whom you refer to, does not like the beautiful people, and carves their faces to resemble the smile of the Joker (batman). Last season, i was all about the carver, and guessing who the carver is. It could be someone obvious, like Merrill, or Quentin, but in the last scene of the season finale, they will show who the carver is. It is 100% someone we all know from the show. Last night, the carver attacked Kit. Kit is the detective who is investigating the case, and held Christian prisoner for the death of Rhea Reynolds (the lady who faked her own carver attack). I'm not a big fan of Kit, neither a fan of Gina, and i hear she is back in the next episode. Barf. I hated her.
Oh, and the show is not only about plastic surgery. It is about 2 plastic surgeons, and their lives, families etc. But the way, the way they tie the carver into the storyline, is that McNamara Troy do por bono work on the people that the carver has cut. They fix up their faces, and of course, the carver does not like them messing with his work, that is why he attacked both Sean and Christian last season, to try to scare them away.