Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! My Dog Swallowed A Whole Greenie

TiffyT
October 17th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Help..... my shih tzu just swallowed an entire small sized greenie. He swallowed it down without choking at all. Now I'm worried that this is going to hurt him. Can somone tell me what signs to look for and when and if I need to get him to a vet? He is so precious and I hate to think of him getting sick.

Thanks,
Alex's mommy

Prin
October 17th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I think you should get him to a vet. Some people on this board's doggies don't digest the greenies at all when they're in big chunks, and if that's the case with your doggy, it will definitely cause a blockage. I'd head in.

april07
October 17th, 2005, 10:47 PM
i agree definately take her to a vet

shannonRN
October 18th, 2005, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry, this doesn't really add anything to the thread, but what is a greenie? :confused:

Puppyluv
October 18th, 2005, 08:10 AM
It's a treat for dogs (and now cats too :thumbs up ) to clean the teeth:
http://www.greenies.com

db7
October 18th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Or give it hydrogen peroxide to make it vomit.