Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What could be wrong with my dog?

GizmosMama724
October 17th, 2005, 07:50 PM
She is acting fairly normal but seems a little sluggish and distant and she does eat but not as much as she usually does. We havent noticed any worms in her potty, she hasnt been vomitting, but we did find a tick on her. we removed it and gave her a bath and we havent seen anymore. can anyone think of anything that could be wrong?
Thank you,
Karrina

yoda900_ca
October 17th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Dogs can get lyme disease from ticks. Take her along w/a poop sample to the vet. Sometimes you can't always see the worms. hope she's alright.

jawert1
October 18th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Please get her to a vet as soon as you can, ticks are nasty critters and you need to be certain that she's not been adversely affected by the bite. Also, please ask your vet about the Lyme Disease vaccine, it's readily available in most areas and can do a world of good given you live in a region where ticks are present. Best of luck and please post back on her progress :)

doggirl
October 18th, 2005, 06:30 PM
How did you get the tick out? The symptoms you're describing are so vague, nobody could give you any idea of what's wrong based on just this info. A vet would have to see the dog (or get a lot more info). A term vets use a lot is BAR (bright, alert, responsive) as it's a good indicator of general wellness, and it sounds like this dog is not so bright, alert, responsive - it could be something minor that'll resolve itself on it's own, or it could be warning signs of something very serious. At least I'd continue to watch your dog, though ideally you can see that the dog is "off" and it would be best to get the dog checked out by a vet.

GizmosMama724
October 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Thank you all for responding. I appreciate it very much. She is doing very well. She is acting just as normal as always, eating fine, playing, and going to the bathroom regularly. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful advice.
Thanks Again,
Karrina :D

jawert1
October 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Great to know she's back to normal :)