Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

B.o.o.k.

Beetlecat
October 16th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I have had this on my computer forever. I don't have a clue where it originally came from. I love books though, so I found it halarious and kept it.
--

"B.O.O.K"

Let me introduce the new "Bio-Optic Organized Knowing" device trade named BOOK.

BOOK is a revolutionary breakthrough in technology. No wires, no electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It's so easy to use, even a child can operate it.

Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere - even sitting in an armchair by the fire - yet it is so powerful it can hold as much information as a CD-Rom Disc.

Here's how it works:

BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information. The pages are locked together with custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence.

Opaque Paper Technology (OPT) allows the manufacturer to use both sides of the sheet, doubling the information density and cutting costs. Experts are divided on the prospects for further increases in formation density for now.

BOOKS with more information simply use more pages. Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain. A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet.

BOOK may be taken up at any time and used by merely opening it.

BOOK never crashes or requires rebooting, though, like other devices it can become damaged if coffee is spilled on it and it becomes unusable if dropped too many times on hard surfaces. The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and forward or backward as you wish. Many come with an "index" feature which pinpoints the exact location of any selected information for instant retrieval.

An optional BOOKMARK accessory allows you to open BOOK to the nearest place you left it in a previous session - even if the BOOK has been closed.

BOOKMARKS fit universal design standards, thus a single BOOKMARK can be used in BOOKS by various manufacturers. Conversely, numerous BOOKMARKERS can be used in a single BOOK if the user wants to store numerous views at one time. The number is limited only by the number of pages in the BOOK.

You can also make personal notes next to BOOK text entries with optional programming tools. Portable Erasable Nib Cryptic Intercommunication Language Styli. (PENCILS).

Portable and durable and affordable, BOOK is being hailed as a precursor of the new entertainment wave.

Prin
October 16th, 2005, 09:30 PM
One can only hope! :D