Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Leash Free Park an Absolute Success!!

lezzpezz
October 16th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Not that that would be a surprising headline!! 400 dogs, 36 new memberships, no dog fights, all pit bulls most welcome (and very very wonderfully behaved, as we knew they would be!! :love: ); a terrific time had by all!

I am glad to report that it was a smooth and awesome day for dogs and owners alike. I don't think I have ever had so much fun....neither did my dogs, especially Dawson, the new park mascot! He found his job! Monitoring the park for any dog disruption, (not much, but he barked his way thru to the ruffians and they settled immediately), and meet and greet of all the people that entered the fenced enclosure! I kept hearing, "Oh, the brown dog....he's so cool....likes everyone and is so nice!" That's my boy! If ever there was a candidate for therapy dog, Dawson's the one! I'm calling tomorrow!

And the pit bulls.....thank you all who brought them.....GeorgiaPeaches, Conners, BullLover and friends,.....you have enlightened many and swayed a handful with your well-mannered dogs and selves. I applaud each and every one of you for showing that you have the courage and the RIGHT to come to our parks! It is YOU that set the standard for what good responsible dog ownership should be! It is YOU that make the effort to be heard and seen. It is YOU that have undying patience to fight this fight and WILL win. I, personally, thank you guys for having the perseverence and stamina that you do to keep your heads held high and keep on supporting the "breed".

You are always welcome in "my" park!!

Have a good night all! :highfive:

katy82
October 16th, 2005, 09:29 PM
I have to agree with the dog park being a great success I went for a bit and it was great. Phil even made it on the local news!

Georgiapeaches
October 16th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks Lezzer! It was a good time. It was nice to see people pet Georgia and Greddy and some even let their children pet them!! A few people did not even realize what type of dogs they were and when they found out it didn't seem to bother them. Some even made a point of coming to pet them and show they support pitbulls. I love dog people :)

For some reason Georgia attracted little dogs like ****zu's and JRT's.
And Dawson was wonderful, he makes a great park mascot! Lennox and Rosie ofcourse also behaved extremely well!

It was a success! What a wonderful park. Great job :thumbs up

Edit: Have to laugh as it edited the name of the small breed, lol

lezzpezz
October 17th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I have to agree with the dog park being a great success I went for a bit and it was great. Phil even made it on the local news!

Yes, I saw Phil on the news.....and guess who he was nose to nose with???? DAWSON! of course! I laughed when I saw the two of them getting to know eachother!

I also saw a few of you pit bull gals on the news and you got a fair bit of airtime, I noticed! Wonder if that was to elicit some sort of reaction from the public? Who knows and who cares! It was all fun! Glad Phil had a good time! :highfive: