Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Creating new breed 'cause name is catchy??

lezzpezz
October 15th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Well, this takes the cake. Honestly, I have read it all now and I can hardly believe my eyes. What a disgusting practice!

Here's the ad in todays' paper:

Available now- JACK ****Z

Puppies, Jack Russell/Shih Tzu cross. Ready to go by Oct. 28. Taking orders now. 519-***-****

:mad:

Puppyluv
October 15th, 2005, 03:47 PM
It's sick and sad. :sad:
If you think that's bad, check out this list of mixes, that you know were made because of the names....
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/poodlemix.htm

Toonces
October 15th, 2005, 04:16 PM
sick sick sick!!!! whats wrong with people

100%doglover
October 15th, 2005, 05:21 PM
UGH!!!! If I didn't know better I'd think it's a joke. How about Shiht-poo (shih tzu and poodle) or what about a cock-tese (cocker spaniel and maltese). I mean really, it's just so ridiculous!

CyberKitten
October 15th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Ugh is right - how disgusting! Poor dogs!! Stupid people! Don't they realize if they really want a mixed breed, they could find what they are looking for at any Rescue. Of course, then they would not have some unique story to tell @work and @parties. Some ppl are sooooooooo ughhhhhhhhhhh!!

I had to add - looked at that page. I just have to have a whoodle and a scoodle. Give me a break, OMG!!

Prin
October 15th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Sad. They don't realize the kid of dog they are creating is the kind that LOADS the shelters. :sad:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 15th, 2005, 08:14 PM
It seems these dogs were in the shelter before someone decided to make money off of them and turn them into a so called breed or hybred.
Do you suppose someone said, hey these mixes at the shelter are really popular lets breed them and charge lots of money. :evil:

I cant imagine a bulldog poodle cross I would imagine the breeding for that one would be horrific.

Why is everydog mixed with a poodle, is that the ultimate dog why not just have a poodle then.

Puppyluv
October 15th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Why is everydog mixed with a poodle, is that the ultimate dog why not just have a poodle then.

Because then you can call your dog a ____-oodle and everything is cuter with "oodle" at the end :(

Myself, I like not knowing what my dog is, that way I can tell people what ever I feel like telling them. Often it's "she's a lab/whippet/kangaroo cross" :D

yoda900_ca
October 15th, 2005, 09:24 PM
I find it amazing that people pay big bucks for what is essential a mutt. In my obdience class a fellow class mate payed $1000 for a goldendoodle(half poodle/halfgolden retriever) I.e. a mutt you could have picked up from the pound yet these seemingly intellegent people have been duped into believing they have a new "breed". :confused: ( I wonder if the believe of government isn't run by a bunch of self serving crooks as well ) (sorry had to get in a small political dig) :evil:

CyberKitten
October 16th, 2005, 03:59 AM
I am a Jonothan Kellerman novel and ever since I edited a book for a friend (Pandemic in case anyone has read it), I notice the most innane and obscure things in books!! Doesn't ruin the reading experience but gives me pause. In this one - his latest - he refers to one of the victims of a cold case as a 10 year old cockipoo or something like that. Have ppl been breeding these designer dogs for that long? It seems to me I only heard of them in the last few yrs. Mind you, he is in LA so I don't know.....

Anyway, it made me curious!