Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dull October Friday Nights...

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I don't know about you all, but it seems like in October there isn't much to do around here other than see a movie or rent a movie (and study for midterms :yuck: )... Of course, it's still raining here... And then you come to party on pets.ca ( :D ) and there's no new posts for a long time. What is a girl to do? Make a new post about how there are no new posts! Yey!! :D

Anybody want a hot chocolate?
http://bestsmileys.com/drinks/6.gif

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Prin I really hope this dull night leads to a poll formation :thumbs up

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 09:58 PM
LOL Mayyybee.. I think I've asked everything that I want to know. (READ: I'm mad that I'm the only jelly person on that other poll. :D )

Rick C
October 14th, 2005, 10:02 PM
"What makes loneliness an anguish is not that I have no one to share my burden, but this: I have only my own burden to bear." - Dag Hammarksjold.

What is your burden tonight Prin? - Dr. Fraser Crane

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I always come up with these "great" poll ideas while I'm running, but then I forget them when I get home. I also come up with great whitty retorts to people who p'd me off that day, but what good is that 6 hours later? :rolleyes:

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:05 PM
hmmm. Burden eh? Well, at 25, I feel OLD. I went to school this morning, came home, had a nap, woke up, ate, had a nap, woke up, ate, and it's now. Throw in some golf and a few groin scratches and I'm a stereotypical retired man. :D Man I can't wait to be normal again...

So who wants white hot chocolate, and who wants brown? Whip? :D

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I always come up with these "great" poll ideas while I'm running, but then I forget them when I get home. I also come up with great whitty retorts to people who p'd me off that day, but what good is that 6 hours later? :rolleyes:
Then you just have to say 6 hours later, "Hey dude! Remember when you said this to me? Yeah? Well, **** off!" :D

Don't think of polls while you're running. If you don't pay attention you could fall or step...... in.... gl.. glass... sorry.

Rick C
October 14th, 2005, 10:10 PM
hmmm. Burden eh? Well, at 25, I feel OLD. I went to school this morning, came home, had a nap, woke up, ate, had a nap, woke up, ate, and it's now. Throw in some golf and a few groin scratches and I'm a stereotypical retired man. :D Man I can't wait to be normal again...

You forgot the Hawaian shirt, gigantic glasses and mauve shorts.

That's a lot of napping. You sound bored. There's still half a period of the Oilers/Stars game on.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Don't think of polls while you're running. If you don't pay attention you could fall or step...... in.... gl.. glass... sorry.
Uggh I could start a rant just from that... THe old port has these wonderful lights set up every 10 meters or so. They are ideal for lighting the pathways, or at least they would be if the city ever turned them on! Instead, only every 20th or so light is illuminated, so its so bloody dark out, I constantly run the risk of injury. I don't know why I bother making layla wear reflective tape if there's no light to reflect off of it :confused:
I also come up with these long rants while I run, full fledged ones, as if I had typed them up and everything, directed at things like the above, and at people who almost hit me with their cars, and the moron who designed the drainage system on the running/bike paths through the old port :evil:

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 10:14 PM

So who wants white hot chocolate, and who wants brown? Whip? :D
That reminds me of one of my favorite commercials: a guy graduates from highschool, rips off his gown to reveal a sweater vest and elastic waist pants up to his nipples, and announces he's ready to retire, play some golf and bridge, and just sit around.
I'll take a vanilla steamed milk thanks :D

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:17 PM
You forgot the Hawaian shirt, gigantic glasses and mauve shorts.

That's a lot of napping. You sound bored. There's still half a period of the Oilers/Stars game on.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
Yes, the shirt! Forgot the shirt. I only nap when I miss a set of pills or I take them more than 2 hours late. The day after, I am sort of hung over. I usually end up sleeping around 18 hours that day. It's really cruddy.

Puppyluv, I've got my head on my hand ready to say, "And then?" Bring on the drama! :D

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:19 PM
I'll take a vanilla steamed milk thanks :DUmm. that's not on the menu. Should we leave this place and find another one?

Reminds me of the jazz place I went to in the old port a couple of weeks ago. I asked for a hot chocolate and I took one sip of it and sucked in the "carnation instant hot chocolate" packet. Literally. The papery packet was IN my hot chocolate. Makes me gag just to think about it.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 10:34 PM
How about a game of hangman here I will start it.

_ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

not sure how to do the hangman, but I'll figure it out
You get one letter per guess.

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Umm. that's not on the menu. Should we leave this place and find another one?

Reminds me of the jazz place I went to in the old port a couple of weeks ago. I asked for a hot chocolate and I took one sip of it and sucked in the "carnation instant hot chocolate" packet. Literally. The papery packet was IN my hot chocolate. Makes me gag just to think about it.
LMFAO ewwwwwwwww

hmmmmm R!

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I guess L :) :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Hey you can only guess one letter not 5 :D

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Ya and hang ourselves right off the bat? We're not that sutipid.

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Hey you can only guess one letter not 5 :D
LMFAO would be "Laughing My F-ing Ass Off" :D
I only guessed R, but I'll guess those ones too

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Hey I get the credit for the L!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Prin= I guess L

_ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _l l / _ _ _ _

abcdefghijk mnopqrstuvwxyz

good guess!

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:44 PM
hey! You can't change the number of letters! :D :evil:

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 10:46 PM
LOL (that would be laugh out loud, not a guess :D my I am cheeky)
this game is getting too complicated for me. I just got my Beer money in the mail (aka my GST refund for being an impoverished student) so since I don't drink beer, I think I'm going on a trip to the 24 hr cafe to get a steamer

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Puppylove gets the R
_ r _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ l l / _ _ _ _ _

abcdefghijk mnopq stuvwxyz

sorry I didn't mean to change it, its right now :o

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:47 PM
jealous. I'm out in the boonies. It would be at least a 15 min drive to get a hot c.

Now I have to solve it before you get back... :evil:

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:48 PM
S !!! :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Prin
S !!! Vanna claps excitedly

_ r _ _ / _ s / _ _ _ / _ _ l l / _ _ _ _ _

abcdefghijk mnopq tuvwxyz

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:55 PM
hey, is there a category or any hint?

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I !! :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Okay it is something that someone does more than anyone on this Forum. I asked how to do it once but no one ever told me. Also its not a show or a book.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 10:58 PM
ooo a P and an N!! :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Prin
gets the I come guys

_ r i _ / i s / _ _ _ / _ _ l l / _ _ _ _ _

abcdefgh jk mnopq tuvwxyz

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 11:01 PM
any guesses its my bed time real soon. :eek:

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I guessed P and N! :D

Puppyluv
October 14th, 2005, 11:03 PM
D and U
ok now im going :o

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Gnite Puppyluv!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 11:04 PM
I guessed P and N Cheater...

P r i n / i s / _ _ _ / _ _ l l / _ _ _ _ n

abcdefgh jk m o q tuvwxyz

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 11:06 PM
okay there is a letter that rhymes with goo, glue,moo,poo

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I'm not a cheater! You're in a hurry! :D

A!! :fingerscr

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:07 PM
LOL you posted at the same time, so now I look like an eejit!

U!! (puppyluv's parting letters were D and U...)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 11:08 PM
P r i n / i s / _ _ _ / _ _ l l / _ u _ _ n

abc efgh jk m o q t vwxyz

:eek: thats the head no D

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:09 PM
A!!! :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 11:11 PM

bc efgh jk m o q t vwxyz

:eek:
()

so sorry

Prin
Hey! You forgot a P!

Prin
I'm ready to solve, Pat! :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 11:12 PM
P r i n / i s / _ _ _ / p _ l l / _ u _ _ n

bc efgh jk m o q t vwxyz

I was turned down for the wheel of fortune job.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:12 PM

bc efgh jk m o q t vwxyz

:eek:
()

so sorry
P r i n / i s / THE / P O l l / Q u EE n !!!!

AAH! Jumping up and down hysterically!

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Yey! The first official pets.ca "hangman of boredom". :D Thanks for your effort JECM!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Hooray your new car will be at your door step on Monday congrats. :D :party:

hey did you know you can only post one reply every 30 seconds, if you try to do more it won't let you.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I get that all the time. But by the time it gives you that message, the 30sec is usually up anyway. It's to avoid double posting I figure.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Here, this is the bottom of the "new thread" page:

Post a Poll
:thumbs up Yes, post a poll with this thread
Number of poll options: 4 (Maximum: 10)

You have to check the box where the thumbs up is, choose your number of options, then when you click submit, you end up at the poll screen.