Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey has wierd plant stuck in his ears.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Joey went for a walk to the local coffee bar with my hubby and kids, when He got home I discovered he had got into some kind of weed and he has these seed like things embedded in his ears, there was even branches hanging from them, these are way worse then burrs. They have caused his fur to be all matted. Right now I am using a razor comb to comb it out. It is working slowly but the matts are really nasty.

He is going to the groomer on tuesday but I am ashamed to take him in this condition. :o Hoping to get them out within the next 5 days. :)

BMDLuver
October 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Get Johnson n Johnson detangler for kids or Mane n Tail detangler and soak his ears with it, let it dry and they will comb right out.

LavenderRott
October 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Now see, I have a really hard time with this one.

My mom has a yorkie and a standard poodle. They went to the groomers this week. The day before their appointment she washed and brushed them!!! Isn't that what the groomer is for?

Joey went for a walk and got some tangles. I am sure you are going to pay a pretty penny to have him washed and brushed out - let them get a couple of tangles! Be embarrassed if your dog has so many tangles that he can't walk.

Long haired dogs sometimes get a tangle or a matt. I thought we paid groomers big money to get them out so we didn't have to!

BMDLuver
October 14th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Lol Lavender Rott, it's like when the cleaning lady is coming so the lady of the house tidies up before she arrives.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 08:53 PM
I know I just think it makes me look bad to send him to her in this condition. I have got most of the matts out in one ear. The other ear is about 3 inches shorter because of all the matts. Also I hope she wont charge more for the matts.
I wasn't sure if J&J no more tangles would be good for him. I thought it might dry out his hair. But it may be worth a try.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Then you lie and say, "Geez! Look what happened on the way over! Holy cow! Lucky it's his grooming day. Phew! Imagine if it wasn't!" :evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 14th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Prin= Then you lie and say, "Geez! Look what happened on the way over! Holy cow! Lucky it's his grooming day. Phew! Imagine if it wasn't!"

LOL..... :D I was thinking of letting my hubbie take him, because he was with him when it happened...of course nothing like that would happen on my walks with Joey.