Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good Montreal Trainer?

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 03:30 PM
My friend just adopted a BC mix, and he nips kids (as I mentioned on Beetlecat's thread). She'll be having kids soon and has 2 step kids, one of whom the doggy nips in the hiney all the time. He escaped out of the house, ran across the street to nip a kid in the leg. He really has a problem with kids.

She wants to get him assessed by a trainer to see if this is fixable, but the trainer she was dealing with before showed very little interest in helping her.

Anybody in Montreal know a really good trainer who can assess this doggy? (preferably near St-Laurent/Ahuntsic, but she'll travel...)

maddoxies
October 14th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I know someone who has lots of contacts in Montreal. She knows the top people in the city, I will ask her.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks! :)

BMDLuver
October 14th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Probably one of the better choices of trainers would be Julie Sansregret as she deals with agility dogs extremely well and has helped many I know of personally. She is unfortunately in the ste. Lazare area.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 04:46 PM
If I send her to Mme Sansregret, she won't regret it? Ha ha, I wonder how many times Julie gets that. :rolleyes: Next time I talk to my buddy, I'll tell her anyway and she can decide what is too far or not.

catsnatcher-CDN
October 19th, 2005, 05:19 PM
I love the dog trainer who trained my dog at Montreal Dogs across MTL SPCA. I know they also have a behaviorist/trainer there who charges by the hour and also comes to your house....

The staff there treats every dog as their own. They are unbelievable. Call them and ask them the referrals. 858-PAWS (not sure if i'm allowed to post the number).

Prin
October 19th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Oh, no. Not there. I'll pm you why. ;)

Rockblind
October 27th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Well I started my Basic Obedience training classes last night in Montreal West. The evening was just theory, but some interesting stuff. We start the real work next week. The Gentleman giving the training is Gaby Popper, not sure if anyone has heard of him, my opinion he knows his stuff.

RB,

catsnatcher-CDN
October 27th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I went to basic training with him. He bit my dogs ear to stop him from barking.........

Furthermore,

If you'd like to see some more of Gary's dog training tips, ask him how you make a dog stand up from a sit position...

:thumbs up

BoxerRescueMTL
October 27th, 2005, 01:14 PM
My rescue partners run http://www.dogzoogle.com. They are great people, only positive reinforcement, and know their stuff. They've taken seminars with Turid Rugaas, Jean Donaldson. They are behavior consultants and do training courses as well.