Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Men are bad for women: Study

Rick C
October 14th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Consider this my science experiment for the day - wondering how you guys will react as I throw this into your cage:

A UK obesity expert has analysed why it is that women who move in with their man often put on weight as a result.

Eating man-sized portions and indulging in richer foods and wines can lead to weight gain, a review in The Lancet medical journal says.

When you combine that with going on the contraceptive pill or having babies, a woman's waistline can severely suffer, says author Dr David Haslam.

"Men are very bad for women really," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4339758.stm

Don't mind me - just stirring up trouble.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Schwinn
October 14th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Think I'll put my hands in my pockets so I don't touch anything...especially that.

Copper'sMom
October 14th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I could give you a long, very long list as to why men are bad for woman!!!! :evil: LOL

Dog Dancer
October 14th, 2005, 11:08 AM
My BF has gained weight since I moved in with him. He says it's all my fault! Please note he does the cooking :thumbs up and he serves up the man-sized plates. I think it's just that he cooks more often now, and he drinks more wine... Oh yeah and he doesn't get all that exercise cleaning the house anymore.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Definitely true. But there are a lot of contributing factors. When you're single, you tend to exercise more as well because you have more time alone to do so. You also don't eat as much when you are alone because you don't eat just because somebody else is eating something tasty right beside you. Also, I think a lot of the time single people have more anxiety, which is an energy expense. Just my thoughts on the subject.

jjgeonerd
October 14th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Trying to blame us for everything! Geesh... :p :D

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Well, ya. Why should real life change for the net? :D :evil:

CyberKitten
October 14th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Reminds me of the classic sociology study by Durkheim - (Think back to your intro soc class) -Le Suicide. In the process os studying suicide, Durkheum concluded that single women live longer than men, married men longer than single men. I guess this study confirms Durkeim, lol

And tho I hate anecdotal stuff, my own experience is that women handle pain much better. Men can be really big babies - maybe b/c they are not used to once a month thing or giving birth. But there is something there. Pediatric pain - which I DO study scientfically - is quite different tho. So maybe the gender differences in pain are a hormonal thing?

doggy lover
October 14th, 2005, 03:40 PM
After 23 years of marriage I have to agree......... But we have both put on weight but I put on more, then again I had 2 kids and he didn't. I'm still trying to lose that baby fat even though my kids are 16 and 18, lol.

chico2
October 14th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Coming from somebody who has been married 40yrs this december,has had 3 kids...and still looks at hubbie as her best friend etc...
No,I am not overweight,neither is hubby...maybe a little rounder around the belly :p
Obesity is a huge problem in North America..
We are leaving for South Carolina this week and boy are there ever many obese people there,mostly female!
I think it has something to do with all the all-you-can-eat restaurants,those people can eat :D but are they ever nice,with their southern drawl...love it!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 16th, 2005, 07:42 AM
When I first met my hubby I had a good ten pounds on him. Now hes got about 15 pounds on me. :D I think the ways of his youth are catching up on him. So he might think its the opposite.

Schwinn
October 17th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Again, it's become more apparent that it's best if I keep my mouth shut on this one...

*runs quickly from room*

Prin
October 17th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Aw, c'mon Schwinn! We know you have a good one locked in there. :evil:

Schwinn
October 18th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Riiiiight...like I'd jump into the lion's den while wearing meat underwear...

Prin
October 18th, 2005, 02:22 PM
LOL Come onnnn! We don't bite?

lezzpezz
October 18th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Can't touch this! DOO doo duhdo...duhdoo... duhdoo.....Can't touch this! Doo doo doo doo....... :crazy:

doggy lover
October 18th, 2005, 05:39 PM
What kind of meat CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schwinn
October 19th, 2005, 03:12 PM
What kind of meat CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an answer for that, but it was very inappropriate...