Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

10 Itty Bitty Pittie babies.

dogbyte40
October 13th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Hi,
Don't know how this works but here goes.. I just aquired 10 2 week old Pitbull puppies they are physically healthy, I would like suggestions on keeping their mental health, as the only mother they will know, I need to speek pit bull mommy, properly. Oh due to the recent bylaw in our area these sweeties were to drowned! Can you imagine?! thank you in advance. :)

Roxy's_MA
October 13th, 2005, 03:39 PM
That is so sad. I am glad you were able to save the little guys. Just curious what part of Alberta you are from? I wasn't aware of any bans. I know that Edmonton has certain restrictions, but you can still own the dogs.

Rottielover
October 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Can you contact a humane society to see if their are any nursing moms. They need stability. They need nutrients, and dog socialization, not just human

BMDLuver
October 13th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Two weeks old is pretty young... have you raised little pups before? If not, many will be able to help with questions about feeding, rehydrating if necessary, etc... Where is mom? Very good of you to take them in and yes I can believe that someone would say they will drown them if you don't take them. :sad:

pitbulliest
October 13th, 2005, 06:38 PM
If you are able to raise them at home, that's great...contacting the humane society won't do much...they'll just put them in a foster home where the dogs will be in the same situation as they are now...

StaceyB
October 13th, 2005, 06:47 PM
You will need to get puppy formula. The powder would be the best and it is more cost effective. I hope you realize that the cost of formula for 10 2wk old puppies will be quite expensive. Talk with your vet, they may be able to give you a deal.

yoda900_ca
October 13th, 2005, 06:52 PM
How could some one do that. Ugh people are cruel :mad:
Contact your vet he will be able to help you with a formula
Also search in you area for and pitbull/stanforshire terrier related rescue orginzations. They will definently need a substute doggy mom or the could have a world of socialization problems. Good luck i hope they all turn out ok

babyrocky1
October 13th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks sooo much for rescuing them Dogbyte 40. Welcome to the board. Contacting a bullie rescue does seem to be the best thing to do...good luck with it all!

CyberKitten
October 13th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Thank you for taking in these poor babies! I have knowledge about and have raused orphan kittens but do not have experience with newborn puppies. I did find this page which might be of assistance tho:

http://www.animalhelp.com/library/articledetail.cfm?artid=99

Good luck with these guys.