Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How many pieces of clothing does your dog have?

PetFriendly
October 11th, 2005, 06:31 PM
This is Charley's first piece of clothing... Its a nice fleece lined nylon jacket. The only reason I'm bringing it to your attention is because I made it myself! It took a whole 4 hours, only because Charley is a little less thick around the middle than the pattern that matched his length called for. But now I have the pattern tweeked and should be able to whip up more in less time than that.

PetFriendly
October 11th, 2005, 06:33 PM
I'm going to add some sort of reflective material (like crossing guard vests) so he's more visible at night.

Roxy's_MA
October 11th, 2005, 06:51 PM
I just bought Roxy a Parka in prepration for the cold winter ahead, I still need to buy boots. I also realized that I need to get some sort of reflective vest for Roxy and myself. Since the days have been getting shorter, there are still stars out when we walk in the morning. I walk along country roads that are super dark, and I am afraid of being hit by a car. Soon it will be dark in the morning and evening.

When Roxy was a pup she had all sorts of clothes. I never bought any alot of people bought them for Roxy for Christmas and she had a few hand me downs. This is baby Roxy in her Harley tee-shirt.

Puppyluv
October 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Roxy's Ma, that is SUCH a cute picture :love:
Layla has 2 teeshirts, one sweater, a parka and 3 pairs of booties (for different temperature ranges and purposes) She also has her halloween and christmas outfits.

StaceyB
October 11th, 2005, 08:24 PM
That's a great coat.
My guys have coats, ear muffs, and mutt luks.

babyrocky1
October 11th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Rocky has a winter coat and some saddle bags. Not much of a wardrobe but he really prefers to be nude! He wears his coat ONLY if its FREEZING, as soon as he starts to run around and warm up he runs into the bushes and scrapes his coat, which is held together by velcro, against branches to get it off :eek: Ive had to search for it in the bushes in the middle of the night :eek:

Prin
October 11th, 2005, 08:45 PM
My doggies have saddlebags, harnesses, and Boo has a lifejacket, but that's about it... They destroyed their booties, so they don't count anymore. :D

StaceyB
October 11th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Montana loves his clothes. He brings them to us when he wants to go out, including now his back pack. Then he stands very still while I put them on.

Sadie's Mom
October 11th, 2005, 11:54 PM
My girl has more clothes than I'd even care to mention! She hates them. But it gets so ridiculously cold here, so sweaters and a winter coat are necessities even for a car ride.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/Maria-A/DSC03813.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/Maria-A/DSC03809.jpg

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 12th, 2005, 12:15 AM
All Joey has right now are the shoes which i had to return the back ones as they were too big. He hates the shoes he just sits and gives me this look, like you expect me to be seen in these things, and he just refuses to even move. I would like to buy him a winter coat as it is going to get chilly here. My hubby laughs at me though as he thinks Joey doesnt need it as he is from Alaska.

Prin
October 12th, 2005, 01:18 AM
My girl has more clothes than I'd even care to mention! She hates them. But it gets so ridiculously cold here, so sweaters and a winter coat are necessities even for a car ride. Even I can tell she's faking! She loves the coat... :D

jessi76
October 12th, 2005, 09:50 AM
So far Tucker has his K9-Overcoat, which he LOVES. I will have to get him some more though - he's a wuss, hates the cold wet weather... boy, is he in for a shocker come winter....

Bearsmom
October 12th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Bear and Kaos each had a bandana, and since they feel that big dogs don't wear clothing, they both ate 'em.

SchnauzerGirl
October 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM
I've got a two fleece jackets for the coming winter, but Schultz just sits there and pouts because he thinks that jackets aren't meant for dogs. He does, however, like to wear t-shirts inside the house when he is cold. The picture is a little fuzzy, but that is the t-shirt he wore before he got so big.

Roxy's_MA
October 12th, 2005, 04:11 PM
AWWW Shultz is so cute!!! No wonder he is the pet of the month ;)

maddoxies
October 12th, 2005, 06:12 PM
My guys have more clothes than I do lol

Since Heidi is from South Carolina, i was worried about her reaction to our cold winters. She has fleece pjs, tshirt material pjs (to protect her legs as she is handicapped) a snow suit, a coat, a sweater and her lifejacket for her water therapy. Oh yes and her ear warmers. Since she will not be walking in the snow, I use baby socks to keep her paws warm. Thank goodness for Dollarama, and of course, they match her outfits.

Heidi can wiggle out of her diapers, so she has baby onseys to help keep her diapers on and pink hot pants for her incontenence.

Valentin has some fleece pjs, snow suit, rain suit, sweater, coat, ear warmers and boots.

Add Heidi's diapers and baby wipes and my dogs have more luggage than I do. Such a change from the goldens, who had raincoats, boots and bandanas.

Their winter wardrobes are in the mail to us now. Photos will come soon

Roxy's_MA
October 12th, 2005, 06:33 PM
goldengirl - I would love to see pictures of the fleece pjs :D

BMDLuver
October 12th, 2005, 06:40 PM
I'm going to add some sort of reflective material (like crossing guard vests) so he's more visible at night.
How about putting on some stars and crescent moons? You can get reflective material and just cut the shapes out and blanket stitch them on... as you chose a beautiful blue it almost looks like the nightime sky on a crisp august night! :D

Roxy's_MA
October 12th, 2005, 06:41 PM
How about putting on some stars and crescent moons? You can get reflective material and just cut the shapes out and blanket stitch them on... as you chose a beautiful blue it almost looks like the nightime sky on a crisp august night! :D

That is a great idea! I was going to buy a reflective vest, but I like your Idea better. Roxy's parka is light blue, so she might get snowflakes instead of stars and moons.

maddoxies
October 12th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I have plastic "bows" from Dollarama. They have 3 settings for flashing red lights. They clip onto the collar or leash. In the pet section. Valentin is a red/black brindle mini doxie. He is so dark and so low to the ground I am concerned about people/drivers not seeing him at night. I like the flashing lights, to supplement reflective materials. The reflective materials need an independent light source in order to reflect. The bow shaped tags have their own light source :-)

BMDLuver
October 12th, 2005, 09:41 PM
That is a great idea! I was going to buy a reflective vest, but I like your Idea better. Roxy's parka is light blue, so she might get snowflakes instead of stars and moons.
oh... snowflakes on powder blue would look lovely! I expect pics of all the fashion clothes!

shannonRN
October 13th, 2005, 03:35 AM
We don't have any doggie clothes :(
Once I bought red ribbons for each of the critters necks (only two, back then) and a headband with antlers on it and tried to get a Christmas photo in front of the decked out tree, but it was total chaos. Rommie tried to eat the antlers and the cat slipped right out of the ribbon. We just don't do clothes around here.
Excellent pics--makes me want a little dress-up dog!

PetFriendly
October 13th, 2005, 07:57 AM

That's a great idea!

The reflective stuff does need another light source, but it shines so much brighter than any of the blinkers I've bought at the dollar store (but we do have them for his collar).

BMDLuver
October 13th, 2005, 08:23 AM
That's a great idea!

The reflective stuff does need another light source, but it shines so much brighter than any of the blinkers I've bought at the dollar store (but we do have them for his collar).
Get stitching, lol. :thumbs up

MollysMommy
October 13th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Molly has a ducky bathrobe, sweater, lifejacket (although she hates to swim), polka dot dress, pink polo shirt, and a little fleece outfit. I'm planning to make her a warm jacket this weekend for when winter comes. Hehe. She doesn't really know what to think about the hood. :)

maddoxies
October 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten Heidi's bathrobe :confused: I picked up a cute onsey for Heidi the other day at Value Village, white with a big pink lace heart on it. The onseys help to keep her from wiggling out of her diapers.

It isn't clothing, but Heidi loves her Outward Hound car seat. She cannot stand being caged, so this way she is still secured in the car, but can see out the window. The car seat is big enough that she curls up for a nap on those long drives.

The guys also have those coolie collars (gel filled tubes of material you soak in ice water) to help them stay cool when the a/c died in my van this summer.

Styling :thumbs up

doggy lover
October 14th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Tucker just has a sheepskin coat, (get it border collie wearing a sheep skin) a baseball cap, and a pair of boots. Oh yeah he has bandanas for every season and every reason, I make them myself for him.

Prin
October 14th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Tucker just has a sheepskin coat, (get it border collie wearing a sheep skin) That's hilarious. So many one liners... Wolf in sheep's clothing... "Hey, guys, I'm one of you! Now do what I say."

Speedy's Mom
October 16th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Speedy has a T-shirt, two sweaters, a life jacket for boating and swimming on the lake. He also has five to six bandana's (I make those myself) and a bomber jacket (his Daddy was a pilot in the Air Force). He loves wearing his bandana's and will wear the other clothes without a problem. We still need to get him a rain jacket and some boots. There are some great places on Ebay to buy dog clothing.

Here is a picture of him in his racing bandana (for the NASCAR weekends).