Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nick names for pets

LoNScamp
October 11th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Curious, what nick names do people have for their pets?

Lola = Lo, Lolita, Llllllola, silly girl, goofy girl,

Scamp = Scampi, Scampi Cat,

xFire Angelx
October 11th, 2005, 12:51 AM
what a great idea for a thread

Baby = Baby Kitty, Pretty Kitty, Pookie, Bubba, Blue Eyes

Smokey = Smoke, Smokes, Smokah, Mokah, Fat Boy, Big Boy, Tumba, 2 tons of fun, Tubby, Meower, Mokey Moke, Fed Ex(long story with that nickname lol), Moke Moke

Weatherby = The WB, Cutie Pie, Sweetie, Orangie, Fluffer, Fluffer Doodle, Fluffer guy, Snookums, Fluff Ball

yeah most of the odd ones have pretty funny stories

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 11th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I came home from work one day and my hubbie and kids were calling our dog Joey Toenail. There is a restraunt in Kelowna called Joey Tomato and my kids thought it was Joey Toenails so thats how he got the very silly nickname.

Prin
October 11th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Jemma- JemmaLemma, Cutie, Kitty (she's our cat dressed in dog's clothing), baby girl, crabby, pretty girl...

Boo- Boobie, Boobs, Big Boo, Biggie, Biggie Boo, Boobieloobie, cut it out... :D

huskypup
October 11th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Dogs

Lucca - Luccy Poo, Lucster, my big boy , Lucca Skywalker
Mia - Mimi, baby girl

Cats

Smokey - Smokey Joe, Old man (is 20 years old)
Lucy - Lucy Loppet, Loppy, Princess tipytoes
Millie - Baby Love, Millie the Moucher
Suzy Woo, The Moguawi (as in gremlins as she sings all the time)

Dogastrophe
October 11th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Monty gets called: Mont, Montgomery, Gommey, Gomery, Bud, and Buddy

Lucy: Luce, Goose, Goosey, Lucy goosey, Lucy-e-fur, and sweetie

Jack: Jacky, Jack Jack, Neutron (Jack), and Pal

Lissa
October 11th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Dodger: Ramma-dog, Jetty, Pupsy, Dodgette and Bubba-Boy!

Minnow: Minnowme, Mince, Mincy, Mincemeat, Sweets, Sgugies and Sgugumpies!

Puppyluv
October 11th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Layla: Lay, Shnooks
Mia: Minny, Min, Minmin, Bad Dog, Demon (My mom actually refers to her VERY endearingly with the term demon)

Schwinn
October 11th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Daisy gets Daizer, Dawg, Pup, Pup-cake, Daisy-Dawg, Doodle, Pit, and answers to Dumbass (and if it's Cheryl calling that, we both come running). There's also an entire song that Cheryl sings to her and she dances to, but it escapes me right now.

In winter time, when I'm shoveling the snow, she's usually either Pupsicle, or reffered to as a Canadian Snow Hound

BeagleMum
October 11th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Spencer - Penter, poopie, baby, babes

Sydney - Tidney, psycho, Monkey Monkey Monkey, Nunkie

Roxy's_MA
October 11th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Salem - Bat cat, ninja kitty

KC (Stands for Karen's Cat) - KC beans, clown pants, KC monster, Quesadilla, KC Casums

Smokey - big guy, Smoke, Smokers, Fat boy, Smokey the Grey

Roxy - Roxy-poo, monster, little girl, big hairy beast, my jumping jack, Roxy Roller, Roxanne, terror, sweetie pie, Roxy-poxy, Roxy-pop

Copper'sMom
October 11th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Copper - Coop, Cooper, Momma's Boy, Stinky, Sweet Pea, Bo-Bo, Boob, Poo bear, Baby :p

Zoe - Zoodle, SuZoo, Zuey, Susie, Princess, ZoomZoom :p

Schwinn
October 11th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Almost forgot, Daisy is still sore every now and then from her knee surgery, and when she over does it, she walks on three legs. Then, we call her Tripod.

Terrie
October 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Kuma - KooKoo's, booboo, Koo or when he's bad .... SATAN :evil:

Copper'sMom
October 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Almost forgot, Daisy is still sore every now and then from her knee surgery, and when she over does it, she walks on three legs. Then, we call her Tripod.

LMAO!!! You're mean!!! lol Poor Daisy!

TobsterMom
October 11th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Oooooh....I love this thread!

Toby: Tobster (of course), Tobias, Tobers, Tobilicious, fluffy butt, Boby, Boba Fett, drooly drawers, Ma's boy, baby boy...there are so many, I don't think we actually ever call him Toby!

Trinitie
October 11th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Now that I have a little one, I can join in on all the fun too!

Ruby's nicknames are few, but she responds to all of them.

Ruby Doobie
Rubba Dubba
Boobie
Poopie

jessi76
October 11th, 2005, 02:14 PM
dog, Tucker - Tuck, little guy, little devil, sweetie

cat, Lulu - little miss lu, lu-y, little lu, baby lu

cat, Nala - miss cranky-pants, miss January

Luvmypit
October 11th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Capone: pony, pony boy, ponester, pone, caponia, boobies, mamas Shi*&y pitty.... mamas boy, C pitty, Pone doggy dog,

I thought I was the only weirdo that called my dog boobies. I can't stop calling him that but then I realize what i am saying and try not to but then I call him that again.

Oh I almost forgot and HAD to add it... I call him Handsome pants alot also...

AliSam
October 11th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Sam, Samuel, Sam I Am, Sammie. Our friends call him Sammy-doo. (I don't know where they came up with that one).

Alicia was basically only Ali and AliCat. Oh yes, and she was called Baby occasionally too.

Roxy's_MA
October 11th, 2005, 02:52 PM
LOL, I noticed there are few who call their doggies boobies and poopie. I find this quite funny!

Puppyluv
October 11th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Aww my aunt/uncle's dog's nickname is tripod.. (he's missing a leg :( ) It's a loving term though

babyrocky1
October 11th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Rocky...Rock a Puppy, RockEfeller, feller, felly, fell, Rockster Rockababy, Rock, Wocky, Wocky, Wock a Puppy.....

Byrd
October 11th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Willow ~ Will, Will 'o' Wisp, Baby Girl, Bruiser, Beauty Queen, Silly Head, Pretty Girl. (That's all I can think of right now).

shannonRN
October 12th, 2005, 03:15 AM
Rommel = Rommelstilsken, Rommeldommel, Rommeldog, Rommie, furface, jerkface, skeeter, fattie

MooShu = Missy Moo, or just 'Shu,' brown dog, brown-eyed girl, perpetual motion dog. She came from the shelter with the name Nutmeg and we still call her Nutcase or 'the Spice Girl' sometimes.

Ruby = RubyLou, Rubes, THE Princess, Killer (lethal to rodents)

Lucy = Lucy-Goosey, Gimpy, Waddles (b/c of her poor knees)

maddoxies
October 12th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Champ was Chimpy Champ as he could get into more mischief than a barrelful of monkies. Also Muzzik (devil in yiddish) Demon Child (his birthday was 666, June 6 1996) Mouse Breath when he would steal the dead mice the neighbourhood cats hid in the snow in our backyard. Yum

Valentin is aka Barky Boy

Heidi Ho Ho is Heidi Heidi Ho (from the Cab Calloway song) and Poopy Pants when her diaper needs changing

Callie was Calliepooh

And to think that I have a "responsible" job and people think I am a "sensible" person lol

Good thing that they do not hear me talking to my pets

LoNScamp
October 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Dogs

Lucca - Luccy Poo, Lucster, my big boy , Lucca Skywalker
Mia - Mimi, baby girl

Cats

Smokey - Smokey Joe, Old man (is 20 years old)
Lucy - Lucy Loppet, Loppy, Princess tipytoes
Millie - Baby Love, Millie the Moucher
Suzy Woo, The Moguawi (as in gremlins as she sings all the time)

Congrats 20 years that's great.

mesaana
October 12th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Romeo is Ronronmeo (ron ron is purr purr in French) because he's a BIG purr machine... or Romeo La Terreur (the Terror) when he's being a little monster (opening cupboards, emptying the basket in the bathroom, unrolling toilet paper....)

Lyne

LoNScamp
October 12th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Some of you are so funny, I had tears rolling done my face from laughing so hard. I'm glad I started this thread. Forgot a couple Lolapalola, cheeky bitch (when she does something that she is not supposed to but is funny).

Schwinn
October 13th, 2005, 11:06 AM
I was talking with Cheryl last night, and she sang me the Daisy song. I'll save you the pain :D , but the nicknames are Pupperrella, Pupperosky, and Pupperroo.

There's also Princess Proud Puppy for those VERY rare moments she isn't being a goof, but sitting still looking very regal. Also, when she gets hyper, she becomes Barky Bark McBarks-a-lot. I think it's Scottish.

Jazz&Cricket
October 13th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Jazz - Jazzman, Mr. Jazz, Big Boy, Mr. Boy and when he comes to work my co-worker calls him Sparky :)
Zachary - Zach, yakkety Zach, Mr. Little Boy, Littlest Boy, and Bug
Cricket - Crickety Girl, Miss Cricket, Sweetface, Miss Girl, if she's bad it's MISS GIRL!!
Dusty - Duster, Dustbuster, Dustbunny, Dusty BA (Bad A**)
If I'm walking the BC's together - it's "puppies" as in "puppies come"
If I'm walking the little terrierists (no, not a spelling mistake :) - it's 'gentlemen' or boys
As for the cats - Rex, the girl gets called the mistress and Lucky the boy, gets called Fat boy!
Funny how they will all answer to their nicknames too :)

Heinz57
October 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Einstein- most often called Tiny-Boy :love: , steinboy, steinbeck, and drumroll....cutiepatootiehead. :o
Hooch- most often called Hoochie, Hoochie-Poochie :o and Hooch:stop it!
Kachew (my grey)- Chewy and Kachewy

I can only imagine what non-pet lovers thinks of us when they see us out walking and talking to the dogs.... :p

Schwinn
October 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I can only imagine what non-pet lovers thinks of us when they see us out walking and talking to the dogs.... :p

Actually, I think it makes my neighbours feel better than when I'm out walking and talking and the dog isn't there...

doggy lover
October 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM
My cats don't really have nick names but Tucker has Tuc, Tuc-Tuc, fluffy butt, the one my husband hates that I call him all the time is Pumpkin, and then when he is bad sometimes he gets called _ucker, only when he is really bad :evil:

Heinz57
October 13th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Schwinn...um who ARE you talking to when the dogs aren't there? :D :D
LOL, I talk to myself, yes OUTLOUD at times...I don't argue much, well when I do I always win anyways...hubby thinks it's strange...he swears he never does it...I think HE'S weird! LOL :crazy:

Prin
October 13th, 2005, 10:46 PM
I always said that the people who don't talk to themselves are the crazy ones. :crazy:

They say that if you want to remember something or understand something better, when you say it out loud you hear it too, and hearing it processes it differently or something, and it helps. That's my excuse. Oh, and that lady on the commercial with her cooking show? That's me. Only I don't have a side-kick because I'm far to huge a control freak to have a helper on my show.. :D

Lola Bologna
February 15th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Mine is Lola Bologna because she was full of it. Sadly, she is not with us anymore.

Then there is Shae-Lynn crawl in the bin.

Now our new puppy, a sheltie, will be named Sally. I have to wait to come up with a nickname for her. I'm sure it will be silly Sally in the beginning--sassy Sally, bratty Sally. I'll have to wait and see. :angel:

Fil

:ca:

jesse's mommy
February 15th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Jesse = Jezebel, bell, bell bell, belly bear, boo boo bear, boo, boogie, boogie boo, boogie bear, monster....and the funny thing is she answers to monster best of all.:o

heather331
February 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Miss Maui: Maui, Miss Mau, Pretty, Miss Priss

Luna: Little Luna, Little Loo, Little Loo Loo, Lunus, Baby Girl

Dakota: Koda, Kadoda ( i dont usually mean to say it but sometimes i mix up the sylables and thats what comes out :rolleyes: ), Pretty Girl, Big Girl, Girlie, Koda-Koda, Sweetie, Sweet Pea

Lady: Lady Bug, Pretty, Beautiful, Gorgeous, Mylady, Bugaboo, Buddle

yeah i know alot of mine have nothing to do with their actual names :p

Skryker
February 16th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Dancer (tabby cat)-DancerPrancer, Prancer, Prance, kitty girl, fat cat, stripey girl, bestest kitty cat, purrface, but mostly Dancer-cat!!

Puppies, collectively-poopies, poopers, devil-dogs, BBDs (big black dogs, bad black dogs), Hobbit-dogs (because they like to have second breakfast, elevenes, lunch, dinner, tea, supper...they're bottomless pits! ;) )

Fingal-Fingal Padfoot, Fing, Mr. Fing, Fingal-puppy, big boy, Mamma's big boy, grumbler

Bronwyn-Bronwyn Underfoot, Bronny, Miss Bronwyn, Miss Bronny, little girl, Bronny-girl, yowler.

Previous pets:
Pepper (little black cat): Pepsi (odd, because I prefer Coke :thumbs up ), TCP (that cat Pepper), furry face

Chandi (Himmie cat): furface, fuzzface, furrybutt, Chands, grumpy cat, grumbles, little old lady, Chandi furface.

Nimbus (little grey cat): Nimby, Nimh, psycho cat, ninja cat-she was never called Nimbus at all.

What a great thread! I wondered how many people used nicknames for their animals-now I know.

wdawson
February 16th, 2006, 06:46 PM
little monkey for beathoven
tiggles for tigger
girlie girl for ozzy....thought she was male when we got her....not
lucky for felix.....he almost died from a severe urinary tract infection and crystals....i took him from a customer of mine who must have been blind to not see his sickness......now 7 was 4 when i got him.....what a sweetie he is

mummummum
February 16th, 2006, 07:05 PM
B, C & D; Bridie-Widee (she's a little tubby); Ceili-Wailee (she's a bit of whiner); Declan-weclan-bo-beclan-me-my-doh-declan-Declan(he likes it when you sing silly songs); Grrrlee-Whirl and Boy-Toy and then there is the universal "No! Stop That!":D

mummummum
February 16th, 2006, 07:17 PM
And to think that I have a "responsible" job and people think I am a "sensible" person lol

Good thing that they do not hear me talking to my pets

I got caught more than once in the park singing "The Poo-Poo" song to the grrrls when they were puppies. Happily, I've managed to live down the shame and have gone on to lead a productive life...:eek:

Frenchy
February 16th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Bailey;bébé Bailey. Daisy;chouchoune,daze . And Sam ; sammy sossa sammy sosso.I do sing to them a little song when I give them their dessert (a banana) but it's in french.Thank dog I live alone !

PetFriendly
February 16th, 2006, 07:41 PM
I usually use pets names whwne talking to them, but will use nicknames when talking about them
Charley: Fuzz Bucket, Idiot Dog, Mr Man, Little Man
Pringles: Queen of Sheeba, Spoiled, Sweety, Princess

I talk to the animals all the time, I thank them for listening to me (how's that for poor leadership :confused: ), always say please when asking them to move. I ask my cat about her night in the morning and really do beleive she's answering the questions. I talk to the dog more though, especially when he's barking at someone... There's someting about the phrase "And what exactly do you think your 12 lbs can do about it anyway" that makes him be quiet.
Most of the neighbours think I'm nuts, but I do beleive that my animals are better banlanced and adjusted as a result.

jesse's mommy
February 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Most of the neighbours think I'm nuts, but I do beleive that my animals are better banlanced and adjusted as a result.

Boy I can relate to this. People think I'm nuts because I have full conversations with Jesse!

BTW, I thought of another nickname -- monkey (because she climbs ladders!)

papillonmama
February 16th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Trigger used to be poopie too, but he got too old and the name embarrasses him, I can only call him that when we are alone, now it's just Trigs. Often I call him Son, the cats too. Dory is kiddo, or Dory-ba-dory, or adorybul.

Prin
February 16th, 2006, 08:57 PM
and then there is the universal "No! Stop That!":D
Did you ever see this "Get Fuzzy"?:D

mummummum
February 16th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Holy Hannah Prin that's FUNNY ! No, I hadn't seen it but I do have fond memories of my mother getting the proverbial blood-in-her-eye, screaming "Care-Lis-Suz grrrrrdammit you stop that RIGHT NOW". We never knew which one of us was the culprit since we three were always busy wreaking havoc but, we all did stop what we were doing ...for at least a minute !:evil:

jawert1
February 17th, 2006, 09:33 AM
hahahha Prin i LOVE get fuzzy and that one's a classic. My two go by any combination of the following:

Simon: simonfoo, foo the destroyer, foofoopeedoo, foobur, flooppymon, foobuddy, pointer, pointerfoo

Peaches: peach, peachykeenjellybeen, oobiegirl, oobiewoobiewoo, peepers, peachybutt

oh yes, and both go by "get off my clean laundry!" on occasion :p

Rottielover
February 17th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Harley's nicknames are as follows. LOL
Harvey, goof, clutz.......he has not got around from NOT being clumsy. LOL

meggie1425
February 17th, 2006, 09:49 AM
As a pair i call my birds- Boids (as in boys mixed with birds...) I sometimes call Ed- Edward, or Eddy (nothing very creative) and Joey I call- Joseph, or Joshephine. My old bird Smokey i use to call Baby-bo-boo, or just Boo.

Lise
February 18th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Everyone here has things they get called from time to time ,other than their names.Molly is goose and Rio,Ali's pony gets called the evil overlord since he's so bossy with the horses.

gomez
February 18th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Gomez has the nickname "terremoto" which means earthquake in Spanish...

glasslass
February 18th, 2006, 06:58 PM
We sometimes call Den-Den "Bubby" or "Punky-Pie".

Corky has this attitude and a gruff bark even though he's so tiny. We call him the "Corkster" or "The McCorcoran".

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 18th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Joey always greets me at the door when I get home all excited and always with a sock or some underwear in his mouth. The first words that come out of my mouth are Joeeeyyyy Woeyyyyy!!! what have you got now. HE then rushes up to his bed were he keeps his stash of toys and socks and underwear now.

loveyadogs
February 27th, 2006, 10:09 AM
coco -wee boy
bazil-goosy

joeysmama
February 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
That "Get Fuzzy" is hysterical !!

For some reason when we had Joey we always called him Joey but we often referred to him as "The Joe".

Cooper is still someitmes just "the puppy". But mostly he is Cooper, or Cooper Duper. Or Super Cooper. Or Super Dooper Cooper.