Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Curious, how did people pick user names?

LoNScamp
October 10th, 2005, 11:31 PM
I am curious as to how people picked their user names for the forum. Mine is

Lola (my dog) who I often call Lo for short and Scamp (my cat)

Prin
October 11th, 2005, 12:24 AM
LOL I posted this thread a couple of months ago, but since it's all new people, I don't see the harm in asking again, right? :D

Prin = nicname for Princess, my name. :)

Shaykeija
October 11th, 2005, 12:26 AM
I lost 2 dogs weeks apart. Shayker was 14 months old and Akeija was 15 years old .

xFire Angelx
October 11th, 2005, 01:05 AM
eh it has nothing to do with my animals lol
its just a name i use in forums and chat progs lol nothin special

Dogastrophe
October 11th, 2005, 06:41 AM
From Prin's original thread: When I signed up the mutts were in prime form chasing each other around the house causing area rugs to get displaced, chairs moved, lamps falling, etc. It was total chaos. While thinking of a sign in name I thought of the catastrophe that occured in the house that morning, then determined that it was not a 'cat'astrohpe, it was a Dogastrophe. :pawprint:

coppperbelle
October 11th, 2005, 07:56 AM
When we brought home our new puppy we chose Belle from BEauty and the Beast as her name. After a few months her coloring darkened and I said we should have called her Copper. I put the two together.
I had been chatting in a parents room in Yahoo for years and one day Yahoo deleted my name. Knowing that eveyrone knew me by copperbelle I didn't want to have to change my name so I added a "p" in the middle. It is confusing at times but I can enter that room even now years later and they remember me by my name.

Rottielover
October 11th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Mine is kinda obvious, LOL

PetFriendly
October 11th, 2005, 08:00 AM
My regular screen names weren't available, so I went with this one, given the forum, I thought it would work and be easy to remember.

Schwinn
October 11th, 2005, 08:22 AM
One of my nicknames was Bulldog. I was once told that I was built like one, so that used to be what I used. Everytime I go somewhere new, though, it's taken. I went through a couple of ideas, and I was tapped out. I started looking around my basement, and I saw my bike sitting in the corner with the big "SCHWINN" down the side, so I used that. I'm just glad that I saw that before the toybox that sits about ten feet away with the My Little Pony sitting on top.

Puppyluv
October 11th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I'm one of the victims of "Stop telling me that user name is taken, I don't care what my username is, I just want to post a question" And then 10 months later, I'm still posting, and regretting my username choice. I feel kind of bad, because it's obvious that some people actually wanted puppyluv as their name (ie when people are named pupyluuv or puppyluv58273) and I "stole" it from them. :o

rivers
October 11th, 2005, 09:10 AM
I am not good at coming up with names for anything. You will probably see me post with help for puppy names once I find that elusive puppy!

In any case, I looked outside my window, saw the river...and that's that.

Luvmypit
October 11th, 2005, 01:40 PM
he he... I came here when the whole BSL thing started so to make my point I chose luvmypit.... so people would know were I stand on the issue and that I stand for my dog....

Or maybe it was just b/c I loved my pit...

Roxy's_MA
October 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Mine is pretty obvious. Although I am mom to Smokey, KC, and Salem as well, Roxy was the baby at the time I sighned up.

AliSam
October 11th, 2005, 01:48 PM
AliSam - not very original - would actually like to change it.

Alicia the cat
Sam the dog.

I tried to incorporate Sasha into it but I gave up trying.

BeagleMum
October 11th, 2005, 02:34 PM
When I first signed up, I didn't have a dog yet, I was in the process of looking for one. I have this strange obsession with Grover (I sleep with a little stuffed one and actually carried it around in my purse for about 6 months) so I chose that. I added 4 at the end because just Grover was taken and 4 is my lucky number.

raingirl
October 11th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Back in the early 90's i used to use this think called "Excalibur". It was a dial-up BBS system (pre-internet) where people could host "BBS's" (Bulliten Board Systems) and people would dial up to their computers and post messages, etc. When I started there, being a child of the 80's, I was "Rainbow Brite". I held that name everywhere until one place I was signing up for it was taken, and I chose raingirl, as all the alternatives were taken, and it stuck. Been raingirl since.

Prin
October 11th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I'm just glad that I saw that before the toybox that sits about ten feet away with the My Little Pony sitting on top. LOL Now that would be an alternate universe, eh, LittlePonee? :D (LittlePony was taken... :D )

Puppyluv, it's almost your year anniversary! :highfive:

Puppyluv
October 11th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Puppyluv, it's almost your year anniversary! :highfive:
It is, but I didn't really become "active" until may or june (but with all those late night posts all summer, I think I made up for the lost time :D )

Byrd
October 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Been my nickname since I was 12.

shannonRN
October 12th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Knowing that eveyrone knew me by copperbelle I didn't want to have to change my name so I added a "p" in the middle. It is confusing at times but I can enter that room even now years later and they remember me by my name.
I never even noticed the extra 'p' until now!

Mine is pretty self explanatory, but it started from quoting the movie Meet The Parents. "The matter, Greg RN, is that when this toilet is flushed, it runs..." Ever since I became a nurse, I have been "Shannon RN" to my friends/family.

Jazz&Cricket
October 12th, 2005, 09:03 AM
totally unoriginal....I hate trying to pick user names....thus Jazz&Cricket (my Border collies) became my user name :pawprint:

LoNScamp
October 12th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I lost 2 dogs weeks apart. Shayker was 14 months old and Akeija was 15 years old .
It's a great tribute to them to use their names!

BoxerRescueMTL
October 12th, 2005, 10:10 PM
I'm so boring, lol. It does sum me up though :D

Puppyluv
October 13th, 2005, 08:05 AM
I'm so boring, lol. It does sum me up though :D
Wait, so you rescue chi's in LA? :D

Prin
October 13th, 2005, 02:10 PM
No, dalmations in Nova Scotia. :D

Schwinn
October 13th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Dalmations?? I thought she was saving people like Mohammud Ali and Mike Tyson??

BoxerRescueMTL
October 13th, 2005, 03:50 PM
LOL, so we have a bunch of comedians today? :clown: