Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's your dream occupation?

StaceyB
October 10th, 2005, 07:23 PM
If you could do or be whatever you want what would it be?
Do you have your dream job?

CyberKitten
October 10th, 2005, 08:29 PM
A mystery novelist tho as a child, I dreamed of doing what I am doing now - minus the oncology specialty, research and teaching, lol (I would be quite bored however if those aspects if my work were missing).

I love to write and I am actually published - just no mysteries. I am still at the newspaper column, occasional article in journals and textbook level. I doubt I would ever quit my job but I'd love to write a book with a pediatrician as a protagonist (or a computer sci prof who helps police or does it in spite of authorities- solve crimes.) And yes, I am reading the current Karin Slaughter book - her protagonist is a pediatrician who works part time as an ME. <g> Mine would be different - sort of more Robin Cook/Michael Palmer/Peter Clements from a feminist perspective. If you notice, most of ther mystery solvers are men tho Palmer did include a woman GP or ER doc in the 2nd last book. Tess G is also good tho she is a surgeon and surgeons are a different breed - even if I do minor surgery, I do not consider myself a suregon nor do the officious surgical types who belive they are Gods to medicine, lol They would tell me they practice "real" "adult" medicine.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
October 10th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I think of new jobs everyday or new ideas to make money. Today my idea on the drive to work was to make funky contact lenses in different patterns like plaid, paisley, stripes, checkerboards etc, etc it would sort of be like having tatoos on your eyeballs.

I always thought it would be fun to be an interior decorater I would have to hire a helper though as I am not actually good at doing the decorating but my ideas are creative.

StaceyB
October 10th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I too have my dream job.
I have always wanted to work with animals but what I actually wanted to do has changed. As a child I first thought of being a vet. That changed as I learned that I would have to deal with sick animals all the time. I figured that I just couldn't deal with that. As I got older and more involved with horses I thought of becoming a jockey. I went to school for it and was supposed to see some man at woodbine when we moved to Ontario. Unfortunately I was not able to travel to TO. The ideas changed again and I decided that I would eventually like to own a pet store. I got a job at the local pet store and worked there for many years as well as an apprentice with a groomer and did both. I went to college for business admin and then moved to Ottawa for better opportunities. I continued my work and trained to become a dog trainer and have been doing it ever since. Next month my very own dog training and doggy daycare business will be open. Though I have taken different routes to get here and my business specialty has changed I have still reached my dream. To own my own business working with animals.

StaceyB
October 10th, 2005, 08:52 PM
They have those kind of contacts from a little shape like a star and really funky colour patterns. All I can say is they looked WEIRD.

Prin
October 11th, 2005, 12:14 AM
I have noooo idea. I've tried a whole bunch of jobs, and nothing sticks. My dream job therefore would be whatever makes me stop bumbling long enough...

Schwinn
October 11th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Race car driver on the World Ralley Championship circuit.

Since I've gotten no replies to my resume, I'm working on being a cop. Unfortunatly, my great stress right now revolves around not knowing what I can do, that I would enjoy, and is realistic. I don't have time to finish any of my novels, and I can't afford to quit working so I can, and the hockey thing fell through (and my doctor is recommending retirement due to 12 too many concussions).

BeagleMum
October 11th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I would love to do anything working with Dogs. I just love them. I would like to do something like start a rescue or work with one. I am interested in dog psychology and temperament testing on animals. I think working somewhere that I can help animals in need would be the best.

Jazz&Cricket
October 11th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I'd love to stay home and make my farm property a real working farm, with Icelandic sheep, a couple of draft horses (all rescues, of course!), some chickens, and maybe some Highland cattle...and of course, my dogs (4 now, probably more!!) Anyway, every animal that lives on my farm would get to live their life there....no shipping off to market for me. :) Yep, I'd be sort of the 'rescue' farmer :) This is my dream job...and here's hoping by the time I get to retire...it will be a reality :thumbs up

Beaglemom
October 11th, 2005, 10:47 AM
My dream job would be working with animals. I love animals, all animals and would love to work with them. While I was growing up, I wanted to be a vet. I worked at a vet clinic as a veterinarian assistant once and loved it. Then I thought about working at a zoo. I would love to have a job that would allow me to be with animals all day!

jjgeonerd
October 11th, 2005, 11:05 AM
1. Rock Star (I'm a drummer). The longer I sit in front of my computer at work the more I wish I would have tried to do this when I was in bands and had a chance in college.

2. F1 Driver. Just sounds fun.

3. Navy fighter pilot....preferably during WWII. Not because I like war or anything...I just love airplanes, and military ones are the most high performance.

Rick C
October 11th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Some job where I can post on internet message forums all day . . . . er, uh . .

I'm with Cyberkitten on the mystery writer thing . . . . however, an old saying is that every ex-journalist has a novel inside him and that's where it should stay!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Blaze01
October 11th, 2005, 11:21 AM
My dream job is the same one I am going to school for. I want to work with people who are dependent on drugs. I have to get my cert. in counseling and finish school first. I want to raise awarness about the effects of meth.

happycats
October 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
To open a "free" spay/neuter clinic!!