Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Reaction to vaccine NOT at vaccine site?

Ker13
October 9th, 2005, 10:33 PM
:confused: Our probably-4 month old kitten (was adopted) had his latest set of shots on Friday (boosters, leukemia, etc.), and late Saturday night I noticed two little black bumps on his upper lip, below either side of his nose. I'd almost describe them as furry pimples (sorry.) The bumps are nowhere near the injection site (in his thigh.) I called the vet, they said it might or might not be related to the vaccines, and I could bring him in over the next few days if I wanted to. He's just as affectionate, bouncy and purry as ever, and I'm given to understand that cats really show it when they're ill. The bumps don't seem to hurt him, but of course I'm worried. Regardless, I'll be taking him in to the vet tomorrow night. I was just hoping maybe someone's had a similar experience that resolved itself? The reaction took about 24 hours (perhaps less, I was at work), a tumour couldn't develope that fast, could it? I'm reading all these horror stories of people whose pets have died due to reactions, so obviously I'm panicking.

Turdlet's Petsite: http://www.pets.ca/petsites/viewpet.php?petid=3354

chico2
October 10th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Love the name"Turdlet" :D It could be anything from feline acne,to allergies.
One of my cats a long time ago,had something similar..caused by an allergy to plastic dishes.I too thought cancer,but his problem was easily resolved,by stainless dishes.Good Luck!

Ker13
October 11th, 2005, 11:07 AM
We do use a plastic bowl for him, because he tips over the glass ones for fun. I'll change that. In the meantime, the spots are receding, you can barely feel them now, and he's currently chasing the other kitty, who's twice as big as him. I think things are back to normal ;)

chico2
October 11th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Sounds good Ker,thank's! The dollar-stores usually carry stainless dishes,in case you find them too expensive in the pet-stores.